CM II in our future?

Guest Mikey D

Guest Mikey D

I've read that some day there will be a CM II Eastern Front game for us to drool over.

Is this project in-the-works?

...In the planning stages?

...In the concept stage?

...Scheduled for the distant future?

...Only a dream?

It's probably too much to hope for a June 2001 release, isn't it?

Hi Mike and welcome,

As far as I can tell from what I have read CM2 is in the preproduction stages; info gathering and statistics and what not. as far as when it's done. I have read 18 months to when it's finished.

Someone is sure to add to this...Next.......

Mord

[This message has been edited by Mord (edited 12-06-2000).]

Well first of all, let's get some things straight here.

CM II is considered to be a total reworking of the engine, a new generation of the engine and game system.

CM2:Barbarossa & Beyond (I think-namesake) is the next game planned in this CM series.

The game system won't be changed a whole hellava lot. CM1 took 3 years to make becuase they worked from scratch. Now that the basic game system is done, CM2 won't take near as long to complete.

All (but still not to taken lightly) there is to do for CM2 is research on all the new weapon systems and model building. Plus some of the requested enhancements such as a wider range of building models for things such as factories and maybe sewer fighting.

Expect this to take at least another 18 months or so.

And then comes CM3:Mediterranean War, (no good name for this version yet). This version will be North Africa, Italy, and the Balkans.

And then finally CM4:Blitzkrieg (The Early War) Poland and France, same period as WWIIOnline.

We'll be lucky to see CM4 by 2005. wink.gif The following games may not take as long to make because a lot of 3D models will haave been made already. CM2 is gonna take care of most of the rest of the German stuff.

------------------

"We're not gonna just shoot the bastards`, we're gonna cut out their living guts, and use them to grease the treads of our tanks."

"We're going to murder those lousey hun bastards by the buschel."

"The Nazis are the enemy, wade into them,

spill their blood, shoot them in the belly."

"We are not holding our position, let the hun do that."

"We are advancing constantly, we are not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy."

"We're gonna hold onto him by the nose, and we're gonna kick him in the ass."

"We're gonna kick the hell out of him all the time, and we're going to go through him like crap through a goose."--George S. Patton

CM II is supposed to be a new engine. That won't be done until after CM2, the Ostfront sequel to CMBO. Or so I recollect from various postings by Steve.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Damn, beat by Maximus smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Juardis (edited 12-06-2000).]

As previous posters have mentioned... CM II is a complete reworking of the game engine. CM2 will use the same game engine as CMBO (with a number of tweaks and improvements).

CM II may come out after CM2 and before CM3, but the plans aren't fully set yet from what I can discern. The CM versions after this (3 & 4, etc.) will probably be based on the new CM II engine. However this is all conjecture on my part...

Steve has also hinted that they may to a modern warfare CM sometime after CM4. One can only hope and dream...

------------------

You mean my Java coded Real Time Bar Fight Simulator Madmatt Mission: Beyond BiteMe ISN'T going to be published?!?

Madmatt

Maximus,

Barbarossa & Beyond??? Please, we can do better than this. Much better. I have nothing but respect for you, Maximus, but such a title reminds me of an Oingo Poingo song - outrageous pastel colors, short spiky hair, ska beat, heads bouncing in strange manners. Very distracting to the mind.

No, it must be a title that hits home, evotes the epic struggle, the snatching of victory from almost certain defeat. Something like Death or Victory sounds much more apt, and besides, its so Russian smile.gif

------------------

Best regards,

Greg Leon Guerrero