You Guys are just freakin' GREAT

Guest barrold713

Guest barrold713

I bought CM about a month or so ago and as a wargamer since I bought a Commodore 128 to take onboard ship (USS Nimitz 1985-88), I must say that this is the game system that I have always waited for. I am thoroughly hooked. biggrin.gif

So giant kudos to BTS for the tremendous effort.

However, another attaboy is sent to all those creating mods and scenarios to extend and enhance the experience. I am really looking forward to Gunslinger's new graphics mod as the screenshots I saw were really impressive.

Matt your work on the website is terrific and the new package you put out is pretty impressive. I need to look a little closer at the files since I don't think the jagdpanther's winter camoflage came through. I could have done something wrong or be just plain mistaken so nobody crush my cyber skull just yet.

Also special blessings to Wild Bill for some of his scenarios. I have played the small raid scenario of his a couple times and it is like watching a great thriller movie as I attempt to get my commandos out of that sticky situation.

And finally thanks to all the people (guys being a term used in topic without reference to anyone's sex) who provide comments whether informational or humorous on these forums.

I assume my assimilation will be forthcoming.

Barrold713

------------------

I'm sure the CM Borg will be along shortly! Welcome aboard!! Things have come a long way since Panzer Strike and Under Fire!

-Ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

Guest barrold713

Unless I'm confused at your reference, I would be hellaproud to buy the adult beverage of choice for many of the folks I have read in here.

smile.gif

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb having a say on the vote"

- Ben Franklin

[This message has been edited by barrold713 (edited 09-06-2000).]

Welcome Barrold713!

Nice to have you join us. Its a wild and rowdy crowd so hold on to your wallet and your women (or woman, as the case may be) biggrin.gif

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the quick visit to Bruneval. Sometimes it is not quick enough rolleyes.gif

Hang in there with us. We are glad to have you here.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

I agree! I've been involved in armor wargaming since the days of 1/200 scale lead tanks, tape measures, protractors, massive data sheets, and die rolls. I have fond memories of playing the old Mech Bregade series on my C-64 and then advancing through about 5 generations of PC's playing most of the WWII and modern armor games that have been marketed. CM beats em all! Can't wait to get my hands on CM2, CM3, CM4. The guys over at BTS and CMHQ have given a level of after market support that has made the CM experience quite enjoyable. Thanks to them all.

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)

Yeah, I agree I'm freakin' great, Barrold. You did mean ALL us guys readin' here, right? Well, you're correct on all accounts, except sex. Wimmen most likely aren't playin' CM. If they are, you better watch out!

------------------

You have the right to remain silent.

Anything you say can be used against you....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turret Ring:

I agree! I've been involved in armor wargaming since the days of 1/200 scale lead tanks, tape measures, protractors, massive data sheets, and die rolls. I have fond memories of playing the old Mech Bregade series on my C-64 and then advancing through about 5 generations of PC's playing most of the WWII and modern armor games that have been marketed. CM beats em all! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turret Ring is assimilated.

------------------

Resistance is Futile

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by barrold713:

I would be hellaproud to buy the adult beverage of choice for many of the folks I have read in here.

smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beauty, free grog! What was your address again?

Mace

btw, welcome to the CM community!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lawyer:

Yeah, I agree I'm freakin' great, Barrold. You did mean ALL us guys readin' here, right? Well, you're correct on all accounts, except sex. Wimmen most likely aren't playin' CM. If they are, you better watch out!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI -- There indeed are women who are lurkers on the board and those who post, too. And they do play the game.

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" — Oddball

"Crap." — Moriarty

I am new to this game but from what I've seen thus far I do beleive I have found some new friends. Even though I have only played the demo, my copy of the full game has yet to arrive. This game reminds me soo much of Squad Leader, I almost miss stacking thoes die cut gamepeices and calculating to hit ratios.

As I said I only have the demo but anyone interested in a demo scenario pbem game let me know.

------------------

Hot enough for ya'?

DaKilnGuy

"a wargamer since I bought a Commodore 128 to take onboard ship (USS Nimitz 1985-88)"

Hey, a gamer and a real-life Navy sailor... Friendly regards for the first, sincere thanks for the second. I hope you enjoy CM as I have (scenarios and mods do add to it).

Go Navy!

Wendell

Guest barrold713

Thank to all for the warm welcome.

Regarding my reference to "guys", I would of course include any and all women cool enough to play and appreciate a truly great gaming experience. I assumed their existence even if there numbers were few and their opinions unexpressed.

I downloaded the new explosions last night at home and they are a pretty good enhancement over what was already a very nice improvement.

DaKilnguy - pony up the bucks (or the currency of national origin) and buy this righteous game. You will gain so much more appreciation and the patches and mods are quite remarkable for the attention to detail and the genuine love for the game that many people have labored to put into it.

BDH

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb having a say on the vote"

- Ben Franklin

[This message has been edited by barrold713 (edited 09-06-2000).]

You're right Moriarty.

There are indeed women in here.

Just that they tend to do things behind our back as in real life.

biggrin.gif

Don't lynch me, I was kidding.

Most of them have neutral-gender handle so that they won't attract some lowly reaction from us non wimmin substance abuser.

Myself I am a shrew which doesn't help for fast typing (it's more akin to tap dacing really).

If you want some exemple of how our women can outdo most of us, go on CMHQ and download *IX* Angela Deth MODS which is simply outstanding (for a woman that is...).

biggrin.gif

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

Guest barrold713

My game arrived in 4 business days after the order and my life has been changed ever since.

I apologize for assuming that you were not purchasing the game. It should have dawned on me that anyone enjoying the demo would be buying the game as soon as practicable.

Hopefully it will be arriving in the immediate future.

------------------

- Ben Franklin

Yeah, this game has ruined my TV-watching activities; I used to sit and watch the History channel and A&E for hours eating peanuts, but now I have to go check every five minutes to see if a pbem move from one of my opponents has arrived. It's worse than crack! rolleyes.gif , and there is no cure biggrin.gif

Henri

Guest barrold713

I "discovered" the scenario building section the other day and started to fool around with the capabilities and much to my wife's displeasure, I just lost a few hours dinking around with it.

I wanted to check out how the new explosions looked so I made a very urban map with lots of rocket and heavy artillery FO's. Sure made a mess of the place, not to mention the poor test schmoes that I set up in the buildings.

BDH

------------------

- Ben Franklin

I bought CM about a month ago after reading all of the reviews and playing the demo.

It was a nervous time as the CM parcel winged it's way across the atlantic to my little village in the UK.

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Errr, ok then, i'll say it as well, CM is amazing!!!!! The only time i'm not playing it is when i'm reading this board.

Thank's to everyone here, BTS, Wild Bill, Madmat and my Mother. (my little oscar speach)

Cheers Guys and watch out for those 88's!!

------------------

Silent][Phoenix

Funding's what makes this bird go up. No Bucks, No Buck-Rogers!! ---- The Right Stuff

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilentPhoenix:

I bought CM about a month ago after reading all of the reviews and playing the demo.

What can I say that hasn't already been said. Errr, ok then, i'll say it as well, CM is amazing!!!!! The only time i'm not playing it is when i'm reading this board.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Definitely assimilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Henri:

Yeah, this game has ruined my TV-watching activities; I used to sit and watch the History channel and A&E for hours eating peanuts, but now I have to go check every five minutes to see if a pbem move from one of my opponents has arrived. It's worse than crack! rolleyes.gif , and there is no cure biggrin.gif

Henri<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Henri the Great from Canada is assimilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile