Panther Print

Along time ago in a galaxy far far away BTS was giving out a WWII Print of a Panther G for preordering CM. How many did they give out and how fast did they run out. Perhaps that would give a hint on how sales are progressing. wink.gif

I pre-ordered CM during the time of that offer, and never received anything or heard anything about it ... I'm curious as well, are you guys still planning on sending the Panther print with the final version of CM?

~G

P.S. I'm sure the Credit Card I used at that time is no longer valid, is there a place to go to re-enter my info?

------------------

"It is well that War is so terrible, lest we grow to fond of it"

Robert E. Lee

I believe the deal was:

1) to get print you had to pre-order before the Gold Demo came out.

2) It wasn't going to be sent until shortly before the game was going to ship.

Since game is soon to ship, print should be showing up at your door step soon. biggrin.gif

Mikester out.

Guest Big Time Software

Yes, Mikester is correct about the cut off date thing. But we always intended on sending out the posters when we shipped the game. Reason being is that anybody can cancel an order up until the day we ship. So if we sent the posters out ahead of time someone could, in theory, cancel their order and we will have just mailed out a free poster for nothing.

Steve

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Well good then. I ordered back in January 2000. Yes a bit late in the development, but when I first found CM last July, I was not impressed at all cause that was the time when Hidden & Dangerous came out and I compared CM's Alpha build to H&D's engine. But when I decided to click on one of those "Combat Mission advertisement banners," you know the ones that say, "Battalion is ready, are you?", early this year I was greeded by the Beta Demo. I read the Battlefront.com Manifesto, and agreed with it whole-heartedly. So I said, "What the hell." and downloaded the Beta Demo. (First Demo I had ever downloaded.) And I was hooked immediately. So I think I pre-orderd the next day.

I don't get how some veteran posters on here still haven't ordered. What are you waiting for MAN??? The greatest wargame for the computer, hell any medium for that matter, and you still haven't ordered!! Get with it man!!

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike D: I believe the deal was:1) to get print you had to pre-order before the Gold Demo came out.

Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Yes, Mikester is correct about the cut off date thing.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hope this is correct because I thought the Panther cut off was before the BETA demo release, not gold? smile.gif Please oh please oh please confused.gif

Hmm, the rule was you had to order before the Beta demo came out.

Steve said because the poster was a kind of reward for faith in

their efforts and that that faith would replaced with fact when

the beta demo came out. And thus you would lose the reward if you

orderd after the Beta demo was released.

I remember that quite well, that's why I made sure I ordered before the

beta demo made it's debut. smile.gif

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mike D:

I believe the deal was:

1) to get print you had to pre-order before the Gold Demo came out.

Mikester out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Yes, Mikester is correct about the cut off date thing. But we always intended on sending out the posters when we shipped the game. Reason being is that anybody can cancel an order up until the day we ship. So if we sent the posters out ahead of time someone could, in theory, cancel their order and we will have just mailed out a free poster for nothing.

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Lee, from what Steve just said here sounds like it IS the Gold Demo.

Ok, so which is it? Is the old info correct, or are the pre-gold demo preorderers (lol... try saying THAT 3 times fast) in on the print?!? I pre-ordered in January, I think, soon after I discovered the demo. I never even knew an "alpha" existed until I started hearing about it on this board wink.gif

I pointed this out when the beta demo first came out. Officially, the offer did say that any preorders that were made before the demo release, which would predate the shipping of the game by a couple of weeks, would get the free poster. This was to reward those who bought the game sight unseen. The problem was, IIRC, was that there were no plans for a beta demo to begin with, so because the decided to release the beta demo, they changed the offer to pre-beta demo preorders.

Sorry to burst anyones bubble on this.

On the poster issue. Do you still have all the different posters in stock?

*sighs*

damnit... i heard of that game only 1 week ago.... damnit.. i ordered once i encountered this site... but tooo late..:-(

that poster would have fit right on the wall above my computers....:-((

Well...

s@"§$! happens, bad karma or something like this...