I have been pacient like you all who wait idely playing hrs of Cm demos, waiting for our orders to ship, but how long must we holster our guns? I have 3 other potential customers who would like to order the game through me but I am reluctant to order it for them for I am going on vacation for a month and am wondering if I should order it then for it might be released then. I am also wondering if it will be shipped anytime this June for my vacation will last the time period and i dont want someone to swipe it from my doorstep after the Ups guy brings it to my house when i am away. Should I ahve a neighbor watch for it when I am away. If anyone has nay idea when it will be really released or if Cm will have an updated-new mission for its gold demo other than VOT or CE please respond. Hopefully the Cm People will give us another demo mission to play with if the wait will be any longer.

Have your neighbor watch for the UPS man. After he has left instruct him on how to set a trip wire around your package. Make sure the trip wire is hooked to some type of music device that is triggered on contact. Make sure the music is the blaring horns you always hear in those WW2 POW movies. If that doesn't scare em off fall back to plan b. A machine gun nest in the hedges.

Ahhh, haven't been following the forum for sometime now have we? BTS has the CDs, they arrived last week. They are waiting for the manuals. Sometime this week of the 12th the manuals will arrive and shipping will begin. So the first deliveries could be as early as late this coming week. Others will be early next week.

As for the demo scenario question is a definite NO! That has been discussed many times before with the same answer. I won't go into the reasoning. But with the release coming this week, you won't need another scenario for the demo.

Moon's new site Games of War already has several new scenarios and operations ready to be released when CM ships.

Also BTS already has a patch v1.01 ready to be released when CM ships. This patch fixes several problems that have been discovered with the Gold demo. It also changes the the explosion graphics to include fire within the transparent shockwave. See CMHQ's New Feature section for this.

Madmatt and KwazyDog will also have a tweaked graphics and sound mod ready to download at time of release. These new textures are of a higher resolution than that of what's in the game. They've even changed the tree graphics and tree tile graphics. Go check them out on CMHQ's recent POTDs.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 06-11-2000).]

If you're going to watch for the UPS man, you're going to have a long wait. BTS has said that they're shipping by USPS, not UPS.

Desert Fox - just go to your PO and have them hold your mail. Of course, there are a lot of clerks with time on their hands who will be more than willing to "test" your CM for you! smile.gif

REALLY?? They are really going to ship by the U.S. Postal Service? Great! That means I'll get mine within 2-3 days of when mine ships (whatever day that is). It usually takes UPS 3-5 business days.

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Well, we went from the manuals arriving late last week, to early this week, to middle of this week... it doesn't seem like a stretch to guess that that will move to end of this week/early next week does it? I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I'm a scientist and I know nothing works the way it's supposed to. smile.gif In this case I couldn't be happier to be proven wrong though smile.gif

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

Expect the worst. That way your never dissapointed. Im looking at next week.

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear nothing, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)

Guest Big Time Software

Just a mini-update here. We were told shipping time for the manuals was going to be 3-5 days. Today is the 5th day, so later on this afternoon we should know if they are in. *IF* the manuals are in today, we expect to start shipping on Wednesday. We need one 24 hour period to preassemble the manuals and CDs together into one "unit" for shipping. We get a 50% break on a particular fee if we do that smile.gif

I'll post an update later on today when we know something for sure.

Steve

Uhhh, Steve,

So did the manuals come in?

Perhaps they are there and you guys are busily assembling manuals and CD's together so that you can start shipping on Wed.?

Or, are you loading up the Weasel and heading over to kick the publishers a** since they didn't arrive? wink.gif

Mikester out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Or, are you loading up the Weasel and heading over to kick the publishers a** since they didn't arrive?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better still, let US know who they are, they'll get the manuals to you PDQ after a few hundred phone calls along the line of "WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH YOU CLOWNS?"

Joe

------------------

"I don't want them brave, I want them dead!"

Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson