Updated Comments in Uniform Gallery in Annex and Turn 2 AAR plus Volks/VP Flag POTD!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Another big night... cool.gif

Steve Grammont was so kind as to provide me some comments about what we are really seeing in the Uniform Gallery. The style of uniform and aquitriments and all that jazz! He also pointed out that I had the wrong boot texture for the 1945 US Infantry and that too has been fixed.

On CMHQ tonight, I went ahead and posted what the non-swastika'ed VP Flag looks like and also gave you a glimpse at a member of the German's Volkstrum over 50 retirement group! smile.gif

Actually, thats a cool feature of the Volkstrum units and I explain it in the news section.

So check out Steve's comments in the Annex then look at the new POTD and read Fionn's turn 2 AAR. Your night is set.

After all that, stop into Chat with me and the Boys!

CYA!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Ehhh, that new flag ain't too bad.

Is that a new tree texture I see?

What is that uniform? (Uhhh, nevermind wink.gif didn't read the text before I posted tongue.gif)

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-03-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Funny, the single biggest gripe I remember about the Beta Demo (graphically speaking) was the unforms and human figures. We kept having to tell people that we were planning on fixing them, but that still didn't keep people from bitching. Now that Matt has posted the final thing, where are the "oooos" and "ahhhhs"? smile.gif

Steve

Guest KwazyDog

Ahhhhhhhhh wink.gif I think they look very cool Steve, but you already know that, hehe smile.gif

I especially like the FJ guys in a scenerio I am currently playing. Very mean looking wink.gif

Ahhhhhhh wink.gif

I like the new VP flag. Reminds me a bit of the old Imperial German Flag...

Also, I think that the idea for the seperate Volksturrm faces were great. The amount of detail expressed by BTS so far has been just amazing! Thanks Steve and Charles!

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!

Guest herbjorn

Hmm, when and where will the refurbished flag be used? Will it replace the Swastika Flag (or only be used in those "what if" scenarios where Hitler never rose to power but the allies invaded Normandy to spread the word of capitalism and Germany stood up to defend continental Europe ,thus resulting in a "beyond overlord" situation anyway...) wink.gif

At this point I'm so impressed with all the new info and screens that it's hard to comment on all of them other than to say I'm looking at the screen and drooling on the keyboard. I was amazed at the level of detail on everything, then more amazed at the random faces and now we get old men in the Volkssturm! "OOOOOOO....AHHHHHH" this is like being very hungry and looking at a juicy cheeseburger you can't have yet smile.gif