PBEM file (Help)

Im trying to copy and paste the text into notepad to create a text file thats usable in the game directory. When I paste, it says not enough memory to complete operation. I have 96MB, and the text is only around 200K, so what do I need to do? (Tried Wordpad also, but the game doesnt seem to like those file types)

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear no one, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)

The key to solving this problem is not to do it by that method in the first place. Use the Save As command instead to save PBEM files. I had corruption problems with files I saved using cut and paste previously, plus they eventually get to big for the text editor you are using, like they are for you.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Hello Echo.

I think your using Hotmail. Your having the same problem i was having. I sent hotmail an e-Mail asking for help on saving text files. They went through the whole process of cut and paste. Well after a week i finally got it fixed. The way to Pbem with a hotmail account is "DON'T". It just doesn't work. Get yourself another free e-mail account to use. like yahoo ect...

sorry.. not being funny. its just that hotmail pissed me off too.

------------------

"A stupid man dies a stupid death."

http:/clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Echo, if you're still set on using the copy-text-paste method, it will not work in notepad. Notepad has a built-in limit on how much it will work with, and I think it's only about 100K. It's really for writing brief memos to people.

Use wordpad or even Word and save things as a .txt file.

DjB