CM so much better when you can talk to your opponent

Me an Havermeyer work side-by-side and we also have several PBEMs going on. I'm here to tell you that being able to talk to your opponent between turns is great. I view it as the espionage/counter-espionage portion of the game. We talk about the latest moves, never quite knowing whether we're being fed red herrings (false information) or the truth. Sometimes you intentionally lay out absurd situations just to see if you hit close to home. Example, so...how bad did my 60mm mortar rip up your jadgtiger while all the time not knowing he has a jadgtiger and knowing full well you don't have 60mm mortars. Great fun. There's nothing like that human interaction. emails are OK, but you just don't get that same nuance of intelligence gathering as you can with face to face communication. We are trying to suck other coworkers into our coffee kletch, but it's surprisingly tough.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

speaking of which....

I know TCP/IP is a ways off. But several people on here run games using ICQ, or just on-line and e-mailing at the same time.

Has anyone used any voice software? like roger wilco,msn voice chat, yahoo voice chat, any thing like that to taunt while waiting for mail?

Lorak

------------------

Proud commander of the CCT's! Chinchilla Commando Teams

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Havermeyer:

Juardis, one word:

N e b e l w u r f e r !

The battle field is safe for no man.

The greatest indiscriminate killer since the quarter pounder.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes!!!! I always just Pray its the last Salvo that wipes out the FO instead of the first wink.gif

------------------

-Rookie

Cactus Air Force Homepage

After my first usage of the aforementioned nebelwurfer, targeting 2 dug in AT guns-- I promptly punished the spotter by trotting him directly into the aforementioned AT guns firing arc.

Mr. "Spotter" managed to knock out 2 whole p'grend'r squads over a hill and hundreds of meters away with 2 count that two (zwei) (dos) tree bursts directly over the hiding bastards. 2x8 ok. BOOM BOOM 2x8 dead. He also rattled two other kraut squads and killed a kraut HQ. No, Non, Keiner, allied dead (tot). BOTH GUNS AOK!

------------------

"Two World Wars and One World Cup, do da, do da!"

--British Hooligan, sung to Camptown Races

Wow, At least mine took out Two Armored Cars and Numerous Frenchmen. The last burst whacked the FO. AT least I didn't have to waste my time watchin over him after his ammo ran out wink.gif

My opponent about shat himself when they atarted falling. Was a weird QB. The computer gave me !NO! Grunts. My OOB was

1x150mm rocket Spotter

1xStugIII

2xSdKfz 250/1

1x8cm AT Peice (Puppchen? Or whats the other one)

1x75mm IG

And thats it, against a mass of frenchmen. It was a bloody mess (For my Opponent) as my Rockets whacked a bunch of his guys, and my AT Piece nuked three Tracks in one turn. Unfortunately Sheer numbers overpowered my Stug and Tracks after my Guns were silenced by his 105..

*sigh*

I love this game!

------------------

-Rookie

Cactus Air Force Homepage