SNEAK PREVIEW - Marco Bergman's Latest - M5A1

Here (with Marco's permission) is an advance look at Marco Bergman's in-progress mod pak covering the M5A1/Stuart family (5 x M5 + 2 x M8 versions total to be covered). Gotta say it: this is some terrific high-res stuff.

MarcoM5A1.jpg

Guess this tanker's girl back home must be Anna! biggrin.gif

US M5A1 and M8 are complete, specific nationality variations are next. Brit Stuart has a misplaced BMP that has to be worked past temporarily pending a fix from BTS (we hope!)

- Old Dog

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Dog:

Here (with Marco's permission) is an advance look at Marco Bergman's in-progress mod pak covering the M5A1/Stuart family (5 x M5 + 2 x M8 versions total to be covered). Gotta say it: this is some terrific high-res stuff.

MarcoM5A1.jpg

Guess this tanker's girl back home must be Anna! biggrin.gif

US M5A1 and M8 are complete, specific nationality variations are next. Brit Stuart has a misplaced BMP that has to be worked past temporarily pending a fix from BTS (we hope!)

- Old Dog<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool!

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQS bord

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colonel_Deadmarsh:

Just out of curiosity though, did tanks have the lady pics drawn on them like the nose art of the WWII bombers?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some did, most didn't. Have seen pictures of several, though. But don't worry, the lady will be an optional texture.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von Lucke:

Is that a Coca-Cola bottle sticking out of the bag hanging from the turret armor?

Jeez, this guy has talent...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, von L, straight on it seems to be a bottle of French red wine. One suspects this is a somewhat rowdy tank crew smile.gif

- Old Dog

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Old Dog:

Here (with Marco's permission) is an advance look at Marco Bergman's in-progress mod pak covering the M5A1/Stuart family (5 x M5 + 2 x M8 versions total to be covered). Gotta say it: this is some terrific high-res stuff.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tell me the M8s are not ONLY the HMC but also the Greyhound!!!

Please Please Please...

biggrin.gif

------------------

I must say I am pleased with the turn the thread has taken during the last few days, and if someone could show the French where the door is we would all be better off.

GermanBoy

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

WOW. BOOM. BOOYAH!.

That is simply amazing!!! The best yet!!!!

I NEEEEEEEEEED that! I mean I REALY NEEEEEEEED it!!!!!!!!!

Please for the love of god........ GIVE IT HERE!! I can't say enough for that amazing Hi-res..... Better then your shermans....... Could I have a Churchill in that qualtiy?????????

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

I've seen this picture a while back, Marco was kind enough to give me a sneak peak of it for fixing the Firefly camo mix-up.

And Rob, do you always have to "reply with quotes" every freakin' time??? And leaving the entire post and not deleting the unneccessay parts? I don't think we needed to see the picture again, if you know what I mean.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 11-26-2000).]

Guest Rex_Bellator

Gorgeous biggrin.gif . May I request one additional feature - can you also include a small program so that we can change the lovely lady's name to our beloved wife's/girlfriend's/boyfriend's/sheep's name (delete as appropriate).

That way we'll get lot's of "Gee darling you must really love me to spend hours at your computer playing games - but only ones which remind you of me". Please play some more!", rather than "Who the **** is that ***** Anna?!"

PawBroon wrote:

> Holly Cow!!

> Will you marry me?

Calm yourself man! Emma won't be happy if she finds you've been proposing to random people like this. Anyway, Croda's in the queue as well, so you don't need any more admirers.

------------------

'Wake up darling.'

'What is it dear.'

'Those awful Germans want fighting dear.'

'Not again. I killed three yesterday.'

'Here's your sandwiches and rifle. Try and not use the bayonet dear, you know what a mess it makes on the carpet.' – Spike Milligan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Holly Cow!!

Will you marry me?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, but I've taken a vow of celibacy in order to devote myself to my art.

--------------------------------------------

Look for a T8/Kangaroo release around next weekend. M5/Stuart/M8 depends on whether the texture problem is covered in the upcomming patch, or whether I have to work around it; 2 weeks max either way, I hope.

I really think you should wait, but anyone who just can't live without it NOW could try asking Old Dog really nicely by email.

But note:

1) It is a prerelease, so no docs and no help. I'm busy.

2) It currently makes a damned awful mess of the British Stuart. Live with it or wait for the full release.

3) M8 turret is not yet complete, but fully useable.

4) I'd prefer you waited.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

I've seen this picture a while back, Marco was kind enough to give me a sneak peak of it for fixing the Firefly camo mix-up.

And Rob, do you always have to "reply with quotes" every freakin' time??? And leaving the entire post and not deleting the unneccessay parts? I don't think we needed to see the picture again, if you know what I mean.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 11-26-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I do that because it bugs you Maximus!

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQS bord

I am curious (and a little concerned) why the following message pops up when entering this particular thread.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> www.olddogscmcentral.homestead.com, a different website than you are currently visiting, would like to read a small file (called a cookie) on your computer. Information available to the website, such as identity or preferences, may be stored in the cookie...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is the only thread I have encountered this in. What information are you after, Old Dog, and why not just ask?

------------------

I remember it perfectly: The Germans wore grey; you wore blue...