'Building mod' update

Just thought I would give you an update on my progress. The winter version of my rural building mod is nearly complete. I expect to have them done this weekend. I had several false starts with the city buildings though. They didn't turn out quite the way I wanted, but I think I'm on the right track now. The only problem I encountered is that I miscounted the number of city buildings. There are actually only three (I thought there were more). With only three available buildings, things are goings to get a little repetitive no matter how clever I try to get with the artwork. What can I say? The CM mission engine simulates small villages quite well, but visually, towns have some drawbacks. I guess it's something we just have to live with until CM2 or a future patch. Anyway, here is a first look.

city1.gif</p>

city2.gif</p>

city3.gif</p>

Panzertruppen!

Your buildings are simply glorious!

I've been patiently waiting for weeks for an update. And well worth it, it seems. Thanks!

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

Guest Rommel22

Simply Amazing!

------------------

"If you are a Republican under 30 you have no heart! If you are not a Republican and over 30, you have no brain!"

Winston Churchill

I too am bowled over by the brilliants and beauty of your awsome Buildings. They kick as they say, major butt!

Can't wait. great job!

Mord

[This message has been edited by Mord (edited 11-26-2000).]

Thanks for the support! It's cool to know that a few people are looking forward to this mod.

We're getting warm now. I finished half of the third city building today. It took a long time because I spent a day and a half on a texture that I had to discard. I hate it when that happens! I really wish you guys could see these buildings at the resoulution I'm seeing them. In some cases they look truly lifelike. If only CM supported dynamic shadow effects...

Oh well, enough of that. I hope to complete that third building within 24 hrs. After that I need to do the winter version (that should only take a few hours for three buildings). I'll keep you posted.

Don Panzertruppen Maddox

CM Custodian

Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

There VERY nice. I have to say that the pink one could be a bit better though. I generally love the attention to detail, and design. And what about the winter versions?

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Stop teasing. I REALY want those buildings....

And the snow ones too...

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Your stuff is awful good, Panzertruppen. I've actually installed your church in place of Magua's (at least temporarily), and what that guy does is like something from the hand of God as far as I'm concerned. smile.gif

Keep up the good work.

You mentioned another "view" of this art. How could we look at it and get the full effect?

In that case you'll have to forget about Panzertruppen's stuff, Mr. Clark. His files for buildings normally run 196,662 deep. One of them, the front door for his red-brick structure, goes 263,222. Same goes for the work by Magua, all of it is extremely detailed.

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

I changed my mind about the pink biulding. I like the not totaly destroyed look. These buildings look huge scales of your rural buildings. Thanks... but.... WERE CAN I GET IT????

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army