Hmmm......

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>may i ask why you charge so much?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, you aren't buying any old game here. Those other games have massive development teams and big ad campaigns. These people can make many games a year!!

In any case, Combat Mission is a privately made and sold product, so if a prospective customer thinks the price is too high, that's okay, but there are lots of other people who think that it is a reasonable price.

I'd agree with you Colonel, except the game happens to be one of my finest gaming investments. Any game that can nail the Squad Leader enviroment with a bang is worth every penny, especially when you consider that the big houses charge the same for boxed horse manure.

-ski

------------------

"The Lieutenant brought his map out and the old woman pointed to the coastal town of Ravenoville........"

Pricing is not a science. $45 appears fair..this is similar price to other games. However, I must point out that I would have willingly paid TWICE as much, because in terms of "dollars worth of fun per hour" this game has paid off already multifold!

Troll.

true.... true.... they did do a good job on this game... it's not like im cheap! im just saying... would it be a good game investment.... would it be one of those games where "get your coffee machine on, and wash those undies" i dunno... because i dont want to do what i did once... i bough that game from novalogic "Armored Fist 3" it's serioulsy as you would put it "Horse ****" in a box, and i wasted $59.99 . . . . . . .

Smell that? Smell that!? Napalm son... notting else in the world smell's like that..i love the smell of napalm in the morning.

I got my copy for free. I blabbed about it non-stop for most of November and December last year, which led to my brother taking the unsubtle hint and preordering it for me!

Aside from that, this has come up before, and the general consensus on this admittedly partisan board is that CM is a bargain at twice the price. If you would rather pay full price for another game, then that is your right as a consumer. Too bad you will be stuck with something that isn't CM.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Teamski:

I'd agree with you Colonel, except the game happens to be one of my finest gaming investments. Any game that can nail the Squad Leader enviroment with a bang is worth every penny, especially when you consider that the big houses charge the same for boxed horse manure.

-ski

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with ski. $45 is the standard price for a new game in the US. In fact it is less than what Diablo II cost when it first came out. I saw stores around here selling it for $50-$55 when it first came out. I have no idea what they sell it for now. Therefore I think it is reasonably priced.

Theron

Guest Madmatt

Why do you feel it is okay to pay 45 for Diablo II or Halflife yet you don't want to extend us the same courtesy? What about this game does not measure up to the arbitrary $45 level that you seem to have?

Look at the latest list of accolades and praise that that Combat Mission has garnered: http://www.battlefront.com/products/worldwar/cm/cm_rev.html

Is that enough to justify this game having a non-bargain bin price?

Steve and Charles spent a great deal of time dedicated to making this game and I think they have the right to set a price commensurate with other products in the same genre. How is their work and effort somehow not equivalent, according to you, to any other product currently on the market?

Every so often I see a meesage or post that comes out like this and they always leave me bewildered. I doubt you will find anyone on this board that has bought and played the game that will have any reservations that their money was well spent.

In the end, the choice is yours to make. If you think $45 is too much to pay for high quality and commitment to excellance then fine. Don't buy our game. We will be okay without that purchase. Trust me.

Madmatt

Some of us have been waiting years for a game like this and consider it a bit of a bargain. If you play wargames you will have been accustommed to forking out hundreds of dollars for Squad Leader stuff.

Just curious, why would CC be worth 50$ but not this?

p.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

I do not know how to suck up to customers.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bad bad BTS employee! Mefinks Steve and Charles should get you on a course so that you learn to do that! Dontcha know, that is what being in business is all about. Never mind being proud of a job well done, that really does not matter. Or any other funny stuff like that. Tsktsktsk.

I am sure BTS can find a nice consultancy teaching you 'All you ever needed to know about sucking up to customers, and then some 101' for exorbitant fees. Andersen Androids comes to mind. Or maybe Ethan can recommend one...

Note for the sarcasm impaired - this posts harks back to a discussion on this board a long time ago.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-04-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Ok, im gonna buy it.... don't you guys think i fell for the marketing :P but... i dunno i just want it... and i live in Toronto... so could someone tell me how much evrything is going to be.... S&H blah<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the spirit!!

PUH-LEASE!

With all of the possible variations, this game will spread out to pennies per hour's entertainment cost! And that is just one small period of time in the whole War! I will fork out my dolleros just as willingly for the next offerings!

Anybody stop to think that the "new" Avalon Hill charged $55 for "Doomed Battalions"? the so-called Dutch Trucks module? I never even popped the counters out...

------------------

Capt. Byron Crank, US Army

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lt.Col.Kilgore:

Ok, well i think i am going to buy this game.... it's $45 us or canadian? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's in American what do you think a company in Main would charge you with?

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM! :D

Join Rob's CMMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQ

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

When the game came out and after the exchange rate, I ended up paying $ 78.65 Can and I will tell you " IT IS WORTH EVERY DOLLAR".

This game is the best I have ever played and

on top of that, I have convinced quite easily mind you, 5 other co-workers to buy the game and not one of them including myself have ever

regreted this purchase.

My credit card is in my hand ready to buy CM2

and CM3 at what ever price Steve and Charles decide to charge.

Deadline

------------------

"My honor is Life both grow as one, take honor

from me and my life is done."