What Mod is everyone using????

Well i tried MDMP (Madmatt's) but drop them due to lack of Videocard ram in medium to large scenarios.

The winterized textures are great but you will find your units hard to spot biggrin.gif

So I stick with default plus winterized versions when available.

WendellM, Mod packs do not impact core code of CM, these mods only tweak the BMP files used to map tanks models. They all work very well with 1.01 and will work with 1.03 as sure as France has won World Cup 98 and Euro 2000 wink.gif.

Nicolas

Thanks, Nicolas, I'll give mod packs a try then, sure as... er... Americans don't really follow Soccer smile.gif (meant in the best way). But, I will try the mod packs - thank you!

Wendell

[This message has been edited by WendellM (edited 07-14-2000).]

Only problem I had was a noticeable slowdown with the High-Res grass textures, so I switched back to stock grass. Otherwise, I'm using all the winter textures on his site plus the original German graphics.

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

Using all the winter textures and Mad's Mod pack with the hi-res grass. No slow downs for me and the grass looks great. One thing you need to note though. with hi-res grass, elevations are harder to spot.

Lorak

------------------

"someone you trust is one of us"..........the illuminati

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM <--Proud member of the Combat Mission Webring

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hi guys

I really prefer the normal grass textures over the MDMP hi-res ones. It very difficult to view elevation differences in the terrain using the MDMP grass textures. And we all know how important it is to make use of all those little bumps and changes in the terrain. I also tried out the grass texture with the 3d effect, and I thought they were ok. But I still use the origianal grass textures.

As for the snow textures, I recommend the ones available over at the Combat Mission HQ.

They look great!

Regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Tried Matt's graphics pack but didn't really like it, the tree/woods ground texts somehow looked more pixellated....

I really like the sounds pack however and recommend it, it has additional background noises of incoming fire and stuff like that.

Am yet to try the winter camo schemes, think I'll wait until an entire pack is available.

Thanks to all those who are out there doing mods, wish CoolColJ hadn't been so badly treated - his stuff was great.

Reg's

Fen

Well I thought I was alone in this...I've had no slow down troubles with the Mods Mat and others have put out. I saved each as a file to load and use at will. I ended up going back to the originals package (sound as well)

I encourage folks to create more MODs. I'm gonna sound like an art critic when I say this, I know.....But....The Mods done to date seem too bright, and or too busy. Muted tones give me a better feel for the battlefield and allows easier vision of units.

Also just about using (or tried) every mod. I went back to the MDMP low-res grass textures. They look good enough and I did experience slowdowns with the hi-res and bumpy grass types on larger maps (I use a C466/TNT2/128MBram).

also, If given a choice I use the darker winter-camo patterns over any lighter ones.

I'm using them all - high-res grass, winter camo, the new Nazi flags, etc.

Love it! biggrin.gif

I have noticed some slowdowns and have endured a couple crashes.

I agree with MarkEzra - the countryside is a little too bright and needs to be toned down.

BTW, I have a P3/650 - TNT2 (32mb) video - 256mb RAM. My res is 1152 x 864.

See y'all later....