What would people like to see in a CM website?

I've been considering making a website, about CM of course. However, I don't really want to have nothing but maps, mods, and AARs, because it seems like there's already a bunch of sites with them out there. (No offense to people with these sites, I visit and love 'em all) What would people like to see? Give me enough good ideas, and I'll build it.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

It would be a big task, but how about a sort of encyclopedia of units. Each unit in the game would be listed with a historical description, strenghts and weaknesses in the game, tactics specific to that unit, and a list of mods available. Have it ready by Monday and I'll give you some feedback. smile.gif

Good idea. You do a rough draft, and I'll build a website around it. wink.gif Seriously, it is a good idea. Gimme some more, people!

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

I'm currently implementing a statistics page for all units on my website (Dogs of War) tomorrow I should be finished the infantry and will move on to Support and Vehicles.

I'm trying also to gain more members as my website acts as a members club for serious PBEM (or soon to be TC/IP) players. We are attempting to host the first tournament fittingly November 11, Rememberance Day. Come by join the members club, tourny and say hello.

Johnno out

DOGS OF WAR WEBSITE http://persweb.direct.ca/johnnocm

Also naked women washing P-51s.

Maybe naked women shooting MP44s from the hip.

Oh, and definitely naked women 'grooming' artillery horses.

Ooh, ooh, and naked women in cowboy hats firing .50 cal MGs from jeeps doing 60 mph down the Champs Elysees!

What? It's time for my shot? But...oh, okay.

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

damn Chupie, you're getting me excited.

Info on each vehicle/unit please!

Relative strengths, weaknesses, historical use and formation, (ie. 'm4, typically deployed three at a time, X made, etc)

or 'king tiger' only X made, deployed with Gerbilhamsters on Tricycles etc.

PeterNZ

Sorry, no naked women. I still have parents, after all. I suppose I could start the Combat Mission Kartoffelmorser club, though. Any other ideas?

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Maybe naked women shooting MP44s from the hip.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"when you absolutely, positively, have to kill every mother------ in the room; accept no substitute."

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

I said no naked women! What should I make a website on?

------------------

the development of cm: go through old posts and copy the messages charles and steve wrote regarding their decisions on units, tactics, accuracy, ai development, progress, etc.

how to be a female dog: gamey tactics 101

-learn the last minute flag rush

-the distract the tiger with wasps while moving yr sherman up

-twenty chaffees instead of a lower number of m4 shermans

hall of shame for opponents who get beaten badly...content submitted by people who provide screenshot final battlefield and score...the place to mock yr opponent and rub his face in the dirt!(don't acept any from my opponents please...)

grudge match cm!

vote on the winner and make a story, if u never heard of grudge match before

(5 stuarts vs a king tiger)

(panzerschreck vs bazooka)

cm the movie: working title spec script

hall of shame for gamey players:description and gamey tactics used

stupic ai tricks/stories

cool ai tricks/stories

funny posts

best cm insults

most explosions page

most wrecked tanks page

almost naked warrior amazon mod...

all stuff i thought of but was too lazy to do...

------------------

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 11-10-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by russellmz:

the development of cm: go through old posts and copy the messages charles and steve wrote regarding their decisions on units, tactics, accuracy, ai development, progress, etc.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, good idea. About the only PG rated one I've recieved, though. wink.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 109 Gustav:

Yeah, good idea. About the only PG rated one I've recieved, though. wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the only problem is that there are A LOT of them. i stopped after post 0000022 or something like that, out of 12000. if u want i can email you the three posts i copied down, with urls.

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by russellmz:

the only problem is that there are A LOT of them. i stopped after post 0000022 or something like that, out of 12000. if u want i can email you the three posts i copied down, with urls.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No thanks, at least not now. It's a great idea, and so far the best one.

------------------

Seriously...this what I would want to see in a new CM website:

1. Scenarios

2. Mods

3. Tactics and Tips

All of my CM needs are currently met by Mad Matt and TGN.

I understand that you want to break away from the norm that is the CM Webring at the moment. You might want to go with a more historical bent or find a niche and stick with it. Just my two cents.

Did someone compare this to the Peng thread? I've apologized for less.

-Anonymous

[This message has been edited by Hiram Sedai (edited 11-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

That's the AK-47 man! Not the MP44. tongue.giftongue.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the important part is the 'chicks with guns' aspect!

------------------

Well, I dunno about you lot, but after first getting into this game, I wanted to see lots of pics about the real thing and read real stories - I went and bought books about it!

So.. lots of WW2 shots of tanks from the real campaign, maybe next to similar in-game shots. Definitely a pic of the day where anything goes,

Oh and penetration. Lots of penetration, hot lead shooting..exploding..oh!

mgwhore.gif

well I had to join in!

------------------

This post has been censored. Er, Mr. Bush.