Damn FOOL!

Okay I just had to laugh too hard when I saw this. I was playing CM and I had a Tiger sitting in the rear next to a Kubelwagen with my elite company HQ in it that has only 2 men left alive. Well suddenly, half a British platoon comes bursting out from behind them! My Tiger starts unloading his Nah-whatever and one round lands INSIDE the Kubelwagen, blowing it up and killing the crew and Company CO! Without him, my big platoon (remnants of 2 platoons that lost their HQ's) started to fall apart. Damn that Tiger

Tanks are wonderful,they run over folks,knock down buildings,blow away vehicles, and I even understand that they cause problems for the enemy too cool.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

Guest Mirage2k

LOL.

I remember a platoon trying to surrender en masse in front of my Tiger, whose commander would have none of it. The problem was that the squads weren't surrendering at exactly the same time, so whenever one did manage to throw their hands up, the Tiger switched its MG to another nearby squad. A stray round would catch the surrendering squad, which would promptly hit the dirt and "un-surrender". Repeat, for two full turns.

-Andrew

------------------

VOTE BLAH FOR PRESIDENT!

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

BLAH IN 2000!

Ohweia, I've learned to hate those Nahverteidigungsdingsbums. I played the Villers Bocage Op and Wittmann was hunting down the road blazing apart some halftracks, the british infantry scattered away in blind panic and was cowering in the woods nearby. The next turn, Wittmanns Tiger stopped his Tiger next to a panicked platoon ( well I guess it was panicked) and the brits decided it was not a save place to stay five meters away from a Tiger. So they jumped up and as they started to sprint away it makes "Plopp" ( i swear it was the first time I saw that thing in action), a huge airburst followed, than an ugly noise that indicates that my Tiger was immobilized. I was so baffled that I surrendered by the end of the turn just to have a look if a Piat team or something else in good order was near to the Tiger. Nada!

Schugger managed to take out one Tiger without the help of an enemy.

Guest Big Time Software

Worst real life case I ever read about was a night time attack with PzIVs advancing on Kommerscheidt. The tanks were taken under fire and did evasive manuvers to get out of the open, even though they knew friendly infantry was advancing behind and around them. A number of German soldiers were crushed in the ensuing confusion and the whole attack was broken up. Most soldiers have an "every man for himself" attitude at times, but when that attitude is in command of a multi-ton piece of metal... ouch.

Steve

Oh, and another one for the Stupid Tank Tricks file...

In a recent QB, I had a T8 merrily buzzing around the French countryside, near a patch of woods, looking for an enemy platoon I thought was nearby, and a Jackson sitting hull down behind a nearby hill, providing overwatch. Suddenly, a Panther G pops out from behind the woods, going in the same direction as the T8. The T8 clears the edge of the woods at the same time that the Panther does, so that the overall picture looks something like this:

Panther---------T8-----------Jackson

In some mystical convergence of the stars, they all happened to be in a perfect line for the split second that it took both the Panther and the Jackson to fire. And you guessed it.

The Jackson missed short, blowing the T8 to bits, while the Panther happily put one right into the Jackson. I wish I'd made a screenshot.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Can't help but state the obvious..."Friendly fire IS NOT"!

Reminds me of one of those stories where the guy gets out of his car to feed the bear (of course it is being video taped). We all know what will happen next...sure enough tourist sandwich.

When Bear is around (Tiger) don't get caught in the open.

Horrido

Another real-life misfortune story would be those 6 brand new Tiger tanks rushed into action. Their crews drove them down a steep embankment and promtly dug their main gun barrels into the ground.

I'd hate to be the one who had to explain that....

-johnS