Favorite Scenarios?

I've been mostly a lurker at this forum for the month I've had CM. I've enjoyed reading the insights of players more experienced than myself and it's helped my game quite a bit. This forum is wonderful and very entertaining - you all can be passionate about historical details one minute and then simply hilarious the next ........although I still don't quite get the Bloody Peng thread......

Anyhow, now that I have a fat 11 days off from work staring me in the face, it's time to dig in in front of my computer and play CM until my fingers bleed.

I'd like to hear from you more experienced players which scenarios are your favorites.

Of the 10 or so scenarios I've played so far, my personal favorite is Move It or Lose It (played as Allies). I love the non-stop action immediately from Turn 1 and the tough fight to take both bridges.

What are your personal favorites? I'm interested in hearing about scenarios from the CM disk as well as user-created scenarios (a link to where they are posted would be great).

Thanks in advance for your input...

Have you tried Move-It-or-Lose it as the Germans?

Try Higher Ground if you're up for a sneaky commando raid with elite SS troopers.

South of Sword is a great scenario if you like tank battles.

Also try any of Wild Bill's creations, you can't go wrong.

I love the mad minute but as the Germans that 155 is brutal. Hitdorf on the Rhine can be scary for the US and is fun online. Action at Komersheidt is another that is fun. ohh hell most of them have been except for chance encounter that has been played to death!!

Mad minute or wiltz or for a real white knuckler theres allways

Fear in the Fog

------------------

Watch what people are cynical about, and one can often discover what they lack. --Gen. Patton

[This message has been edited by Dogface (edited 12-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dogface (edited 12-21-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Dogface (edited 12-23-2000).]

I must say my favorite is still the very first scenario I played when I got the game in the mail.

"Sherbrooke Fusiliers"

Frickn' **** blowin up every where from turn one.

Wild Bill holds a very, very close second place with "Vossenack - A second job".

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

Jess wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>... my personal favorite is Move It or Lose It ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm very new (since October) but just started playing Move/Lose simultaneously (to preserve FOW) with 2 buddies via PBEM, they as the Germs, I as Amis.

This scenario is GREAT. Frantic action from the first turn onwards and I'm already looking forward to playing this one over and pursuing some different approaches.

Jess, good post, and I hope to see a lot more .02 from the "vets" as to good scenarios to play, especially the first go around.

------------------

S-l--o---w

Guest MantaRay

The best scenario in my opinion is Wild Bill's Night at Cheneux. Has the best atmosphere of any scenario that came with the cd. Close second may be Singling Shootout. Fun Fun Fun.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

New CM Site. In process of switching. Brought to you by Hardcore Gamers Daily

The Red Army of the Rugged Defense Group Ladder