The next game you will buy after CM

My next couple purchase (in no particular order):

1) TOAW: Century of Warfare. Bring on both Balkan wars.

2) Flanker 2.5/ Flanker Attack (SU-39): God I love pre-dawn strikes on U.S. carriers. I'm not sure if its skimming the waves at Mach 2+ or the big boom, but it brings a smile to my face.

3) Space Empires IV: Ever since MOO I need a little 4x fun.

4) IL-2: If they can do the Ostfront, I will buy the game.

5) Steel Beasts: Finally one can drive something modern besides an Abrams.

Of course, I won't let any of these interfere with my CM time.

WWB

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wwb_99:

My next couple purchase (in no particular order):

1) TOAW: Century of Warfare. Bring on both Balkan wars.

2) Flanker 2.5/ Flanker Attack (SU-39): God I love pre-dawn strikes on U.S. carriers. I'm not sure if its skimming the waves at Mach 2+ or the big boom, but it brings a smile to my face.

3) Space Empires IV: Ever since MOO I need a little 4x fun.

4) IL-2: If they can do the Ostfront, I will buy the game.

5) Steel Beasts: Finally one can drive something modern besides an Abrams.

Of course, I won't let any of these interfere with my CM time.

WWB<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If all goes well we'll have a working T-72/T80 soon for Steel Beast , but don't hold your breath just yet.... smile.gif

Guest kking199

Actually the new version is "3D Chutes and Ladders", the game takes on a whole new dimension and they now have a mature version with rotted wood ladders, slides with no sides, and your character is armed with your choice of Shotgun or Chaingun to help "encourage" your opponents to move! smile.gif

But seriously...

Tribes 2

TFC 2

B-17, (Microprose did a B-17 about 8 years ago, and you could move to any position in the plane, it was fun, but frustratingly hard)

Has anyone noticed that not one person has mentioned Close Combat 5?!?!

I just bought Baldur's Gate II, and it's pretty fun, once you start getting into the game, (past the First Chapter).

There are some familiar voice-overs in the game, like David Warner (Chancellor Gorkon,ST:VI) does the voice of the evil wizard.

I'm waiting for Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor

new-gamespotuk_box.jpg

coming out around Christmas, I think. It's the first computer game to use the new 3rd Edition AD&D rules. But what makes it different than the Bioware Infinity Engine of the BG series is that all of the characters/monsters are rendered by 3D models with a 2D background but rendered over a 3D mesh. Basically the game will look like you're playing with painted D&D miniatures. The models are that detailed!

Check out this screenshot of PoRII:

http://www.rpgplanet.com/poolofradiance/screenshot.asp?picture=102 from the PoRII fansite, The Scrying Room

I thought I needed a break from CM and started looking for a good RPG. After the disappointment of DiabloII, of which thankfully I never wasted my $62 on, I looked elsewhere and found a good site that covers RPGs called Ironworks

There's a fully 3D RPG coming out late next year called Dungeon Seige.

------------------

Coming soon to a web near you...

The Maximus CM Mod HQ

This site will be host to a plethera of mods from myself and others.

Please send questions and comments to: davem@shawneelink.net

Guest barrold713

I already purchased "Shogun: Total War" and can recommend it for all of the reasons posted previously.

There was also a fairly recent patch that added a large number of improvements and gameplay tweaks and it has corrected a few of the parts that I had found frustrating. Overall I found it to be very engrossing.

To top it off, I bought it at a release price of $29.97 USD which raised a red flag (I mean why would they discount a good game at the release date?) but I was very pleased with this purchase.

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

Somewhere above, a true individualist mentioned "Longest Journey" -- an adventure game (!!). Me, too. Nonstop destruction is wearisome. Besides, tranquility only whets the appetite and hones the edge for Battle of Britain,not to mention 82ndAirborneNormandy or borowing my son's PSX-1 for Medal of Honor. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A FIRST PERSON SHOOTER/STRATEGY/PROBLEM SOLVER/ADVENTURE combo based on the realistic life of a WWII G.I. for P.C. Creeping through the jungle on Guadalcanal, etc. No supernatural, magic spells or bull****. The best games are those you design in your own head that nobody but you would buy.

Nobody have spoken about "Jagged Alliance".

I'm waiting for the new chapter in this serie(if it will be ever distributed in Italy), the first two were really good, with a lot of weapons, equipments and turn based, single man tactics to play with.

Baldur's gate 2, B17 2, Silent hunter 2 and Harpoon IV will be my next "christmas presents"

------------------

"Memento Audere Semper" - G. D'Annunzio

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darwin:

I heard "unfinished business" the next edition to the jagged alliance games has finally got a distributor for Europe. I would hope we won't have to wait too long for it here in the states.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Interplay is publishing JA:UB in the States. It's scheduled for a November release.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Darwin:

Anyone playing Baldurs gate II? It looks pretty cool...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes! It's one of the best AD&D style RPGs if you're into that genre at all. The quests and characters are better thought out than the first one, and the ever-loveable Minsc and Boo have returned in BGII. If you like RPGs at all, get it you won't be sorry!

------------------

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

--Dr. Strangelove--

"We are all Heroes...you and Boo and I...Rangers and hamsters rejoice!"

--Minsc, Baldur's Gate II--

[This message has been edited by Emos (edited 10-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Private Parts:

JA2 was the Daddy when it comes to squad-based games. I regret never finishing it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually thought that the beginning-middle parts of JA2 were better than the endgame. By the end, the AI cheats ridiculously, and has silly unrealistic weapons.

I thought the game was the most fun when I was duking it out with greyshirts with FN-FALS and grenades, rather than rocket rifles and robots. Just IMO.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

I fully agree on JA2 being better in the beginning-middle than the end. That's why I only give it a 9 out of 10 (Well more like 9 out of 9.5, since 10 is reserved for CM)

I'll buy three or four games during the next 7-8 months.

JA2:UB

Arcanum

Fallout:Tactics

Pool of Radiance (maybe)

------------------

Sten

Keep your whisky on the rocks and your tanks on the roll.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Chutes and Ladders or Candyland.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL! I play those often with my 4 year old.

Know what? ... he CHEATS! The bugger.

I ask him "Hey, why did you do that?!"

His answer is simple "I want to be over there." (the finish line).

I can't believe my 4-year old cheats.

At Snakes and Ladders! (he goes in the wrong direction when it suits him and I'm not looking). Or at Candyland, he "skips" colour tiles when he wants to go faster.

Already have TOAW Century of Warfare, no matter what people say, IMO it is a top game. Great bang for the buck, only superseded by CM in terms of playability.

Will definitely get Silent Hunter II, the original brings so many good memories.

What on earth happened to Road to Moscow., anybody knows? Did the developers freeze to death like the Nazis on their way there? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...