closing this message board

The last weeks there are more and more people who are using this board as a sort of trashcan to display their(in most cases offensive) ideas about almost anything.

In many of these cases they are only hurting other people.

I think that most questions people can come up with regarding the game(especially for newbies)can be found with a simple search or in the manual.

Therefore it is time to close this board or to check each topic posted before placing it.

A now I sound just like ..... ah never mind.

Come on people lets behave as adults and use this board only for this fantastic game.

I Don't want to see any reply to this topic just use your brains think about what I have said and act.Or as we in Holland say : be tolerant!

PLEASE!!!!!!

So why post something like this? Why not a question about the frontal armor on the Sd Kfz 7/2? Or the best use of half-squads. Or Gebirgsjager vs. Fallschirmjager?

This thread is just the thread you bemoan.

Oh whoa is the message board!

------------------

You wouldn't know the dust of Thermopylae if it came up to you, handed you a business card reading "Dust of Thermopylae, 480 B.C.E.", then kicked you in the shins.

-Hakko Ichiu

First of all - I am a Dutchman if this thread is not going to be long and I don't buy this:

'I Don't want to see any reply to this topic just use your brains think about what I have said and act.'

That's the same as throwing mud into somebody's face and then run away. confused.gif

Secound - I found this post when reading the news for today:

"Wow

This board is unprecedented for community closeness.

Phenomenal. Just mind-melting.

I wish you guys were all in Congress or on the president-elect's new staff in November. I'd feel great about America again.

People that can work together and respect each other. What a concept.

"

I agree with every bit of it and I was somehow offended by your post because I may be behind some of those 'ideas about almost anything' you talk about. frown.gif

Third - what do you think about this post:

"Survivor influenced UPDATE on....." rolleyes.gif

Everybody who contribute to this board should

also be able to come up with some of their idears without getting their head blown off.

Some of them are veterans, others may be novices. With your post, your are telling everbody to back off and thereby doing your best to dull any initiative (which I hate).

I can tell by the history of your's that you are a helpfull fellow so let's keep it that way. I can also be frustrated sometimes, when reading some stupid post but I always keep telling myselfe - this is one heck of a nice society to be member of and far much better than any other boards or NG's (God forbid the last one). eek.gif

Malmvig frown.gif

Indeed I am a nice guy and if I can help someone I do.

Only sometimes when I get angry I happen to use the wrong words to express myself.(especially with english language,please forgive me for that)

I don't want to hurt other people and with this topic I simply wanted to ask others to stop with doing that,and than I think of posts about Germans were they wrong or are they all criminals and guys who think that massmurders are cool and on and on.

It is a straight and simple question and I really mean it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

So why post something like this? Why not a question about the frontal armor on the Sd Kfz 7/2? Or the best use of half-squads. Or Gebirgsjager vs. Fallschirmjager?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of that, I'm just in the process of getting my rumpus slapped by at least a Veteran company of those GerbilsBaggers. Those vermin are tuff!...

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

Well, we are living in weird times. Not only do we suddenly get all this fancy new technologies and cool games, but, we are in contact with people from around the world!

Undoubtedly we will encounter people with 'strange' outlooks on live and history. Sometimes these directly conflict with other people's morals.

Unfortunately NOBODY had the clear picture of the true outlook on current and past events, but everyone thinks that THEY do smile.gif . Some people's opinions inflame other peopls, and their responses further inflame others. This is what happens when you get a bunch of people from vastly different places together in one place.

If you are looking for a solution, then how about restricting everyone from talking to anyone else with a different opinion. This is a bulliten board about a game representing a historical aspect. There is no possible way to avoid disagreements, gameplay wize, or realife wize.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Grognerd_Fogman:

Speaking of that, I'm just in the process of getting my rumpus slapped by at least a Veteran company of those GerbilsBaggers. Those vermin are tuff!...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmmmm. Nasty bunch those. If I recall correctly, pound for pound, er, squad for squad, they post among the highest firepower numbers at short range ... if not the highest.

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" — Oddball

"Crap." — Moriarty

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 08-25-2000).]

The answer is simple...

If you don't like the thread, skip it.

Some people suck, and you don't need to give them propaganda.

Those offended need to grow up. This world is full of strange people, as a famous jerk once said, "can't we all just... get along?".

The internet is a great thing... the sharing of ideas, or even reading flames from others, may give the more enlightened a better perspective on life, and perhaps after this interaction, this is the only way we'll ever "get along".

Aloid

Stoffel - If you are talking about calling men at arms to deal with a threat you should at least sayit in clear english so people, blindfolded like me redface.gif could have a chance. By following your hint I got the sense of what you were pointing at. Look ahead for the tread of weeds also.

Sorry my friend

------------------

Malmvig

As a newbie, I'd just like to point out that many questions are not answered by an intensive search or answered in the manual, as good as it is. Some questions must unfortunately be answered repeatedly on this board due to their complex nature. I ask only that people try to be tolerant of us, and I find that the vast majority are.

marc

Well, I remember not too many years ago that I didn't even think about conversing with people all over the world. It has been great. Gotta take the bad with the good. It is real simple though. If you don't like something someone says, ignore it and go on.

I personally enjoy reading and sharing ideas with other peopple on this board. I haven't been able to keep up with all the posts (haven't even read much about the haster/chinchilla wars) but I think many an eye and ear has been opened by general discussions of WWII on this board. Yes many of us are highly opinionated, some of the opinionated people aren't exactly civil about their personal biases, but that's true in every social circle I have to deal with in my life, whether it be work, church, school, play, or this board. That's part of the human condition. You either deal with it in your own way or become a hermit.

Cheers

Eric

P.S. Finally found some of the posts that I suspect generated this thread while catching up on the forum. I still think it's a great forum and my above statements still stand.

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

[This message has been edited by EScurlock (edited 08-26-2000).]