Games of War website

Announcing a new website for Combat Mission: www.gamesofwar.de

You'll find there (among other things):

- scenarios and operations for the full version of Combat Mission (four are already available for a quick peek)

- small scale topographical maps from NW Europe to buy (for your own scenario designs)

- historical info about WWII (an excerpt from the Handbook on German Military Forces for example)

- and a ton more!

Enjoy! (and let me know what you think)

Martin

PS. Yeah, I know it's not June 6th in "Amiland" yet, but over here (Germany) it is smile.gif

PPS. The site is under construction. Since I completely revamped my old site, you might also spot some broken links and other oddities - don't bother to report: I'm already working on it...

Looks excellent. I had a look at the scenarios and am looking forward to having the full game even more now. Just how big is "Huge"? smile.gif

One tiny comment here: Should the main page really be called "Default"?

And from the 'goodies' section:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Did you know that although CM comes without winter camo graphics for your vehicles, the game engine provides an "empty" set of BMP files which will automatically be loaded if available for scenarios with SNOW?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Zowie!

Love the promise which the site has . Imaginative presentation for scenarios/operations ----especially pleased to see the emphasis on real historically based situations .

Also appreciate the collection of maps of direct relevance.to scenario development.

Very Best Wishes on your venture.

Thanks a lot for all the praise and the best wishes. Although I won't be able to update daily as CMHQ does, I do hope to offer some nice "goodies" to support CM.

Von Shrad - certainly, any user-made scenarios, battles or anything else is very welcome. I'd offer any room available especially to graphically talented people for some graphics mod's, since my own skills in this area are - uh - somewhat limited smile.gif

Oh, and special thanks to the folks who already ordered the first few topo maps - much appreciated! They'll be in the mail tomorrow.

Excellent work! The pictures that accompany the descriptions are a nice touch.

One thing that I would ask (and I ask it of all scenario designers)...

Please add a 5 word note to your scenario/operation descriptions that tell the reader which side to play first if playing solo. Some scenarios have "big surprises" waiting and it's a shame to lose that element by playing the un-surprised side first.

Adding a line like: "Solo: Play as Axis 1st"

would suffice. Remember "Last Defense" (Beta Demo)? It was much better to play as Germans 1st so you are surprised by the arrival of the 3 Hellcats.

Thanks,

Matt

Great start.

As othes have said, the pictures are cool -- wouldn't it also be great if you had a screen-capture of the CM version of the battlefield? The idea is that there's soon gonna be a ton of scenarios, and people like me who are already trading sleep for CM will have to be selective....(I find CM's realism goes way up when you find yourself fighting an engagement having slept four of the last 24 hours.)

Is there a way you could have these pix without jeopardizing FOW; like, does the editor let you look at the field without the units?

Hm... well, it's possible... an shot from a high view level and slightly zoomed out to give a general idea of the land and not reveal too many details... good idea, I think I'll try that, too...

Cool - keep those suggestions coming smile.gif