OT- The U.N., the U.S. Army, and me

Hi all from a newbie,

I live in Sydney and i don't recall the USMC being involved in the confiscation of firearms. Gun owners were required to take them to police stations.There would be a **** storm of gargutuan proportions if foreign troops were used in any way in oz for something like that.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sneaky:

82nd,

It depends on why they are deployed. Remember, US Marines took part in the legal confiscation of firearms in Australia. I think it would be slightly disconcerting to see a German Soldier approaching my house for that kind of reason.

Please notice I did not say it was good or bad. Just that is is happening and those who think "globalization" is a figment of the JBS imagination have missed it.

The world is changing and it is important for MJ to realize what kind of army and operations he may be involved with.

Sneaky.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 4FanAWOL:

Hi all from a newbie,

I live in Sydney and i don't recall the USMC being involved in the confiscation of firearms. Gun owners were required to take them to police stations.There would be a **** storm of gargutuan proportions if foreign troops were used in any way in oz for something like that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didn't make much sense to me either...

MJ,

If you signed your contract there's not a lot you can do. Either you will get sent on a UN mission or you won't. I'm in my 11th year of service and I haven't done one yet. I've been deployed to Thailand and Saudi Arabia. Thailand was for month to participate in Cobra Gold and Saudi was a three-month deal as part of the ARCENT-SA staff.

Since someone talked about the USMC being used to assist in disarming the Aussies, I will relate a similar experience from Thailand. I don't know how many troops we had over there for the exercise, but my light infantry battalion was there almost in its entirety. There was a marine two-star running the whole show. This was about the time of the rodney king rioting in LA. We were in a Thai shopping center and saw the violence on TV. Since the broadcast was in Thai no one had a clue what was going on. we thought it might be Johannisburg, South Africa or somefink. Some Thai guy says "LA." and we freak out thinking the US would be in chaos when we got back. Two days later we started the field part of the exercise. We were supposed to be out there for two weeks. We ended up being out there just over a day because the Thai Prime Minister did something that started riots in Thai cities. We were asked to assist in suppressing the rioters. We refused and spent the rest of the exercise in garrison waiting for the aircraft to take us back to Alaska. The planes came on the originally planned dates. We couldn't get permission to bring them in earlier so we could leave earlier after things went sour. Everything turned out OK. The King jumped on the PM and the Land of Smiles was smiling again. Pretty cool to watch the PM crawling on his hands and knees to the King on TV.

Based on my experience I don't think the USMC would be helping the Aussies government disarm its citizens. It just doesn't make sense.

Good Luck in your assignments. Just hope you don't end up in 1/4 Cav in Schweinfurt, Germany "The Army's Worst Cavalry Squadron." those guys will ruin you.

Guest Big Time Software

As was said by many already... the John Birch Society has a very, very narrow minded agenda. Like most organizations like this, they twist and distort reality to reinforce their viewpoint. They also purposefully, and with great forethought, try to hit emotional hot buttons for the sake of attention. This program you saw on the UN is highly questionable if it even implied that a US soldier could be tossed under the command of a UN operation not under US control. It is complete and utter BS. As a matter of fact, it is a point of contention within the UN because the US has basically made its own rules about what it will and will not do.

If anything, the UN is a tool of the US, not the other way around. We use it when we feel it is beneficial to do so (like to grab back some oil fields or fight some Reds), but otherwise we treat it like a bastard child with no brains. Personally, I fear organizations like the JBS ruining this country far more than I do the UN smile.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 4FanAWOL:

Hi all from a newbie,

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounded like BS to me but I couldn't be sure at the time. BTW, love the eloquence of your post. smile.gif

------------------

What you see depends mainly upon what you look for.

LOL! If you think they are bad, ya shoulda seen it back when we had 3/7th Cav, I swear those bozos and 2/64th Armored were in a race to see who could break the most tanks in the shortest time biggrin.gif

(2/64 won by firing our borescope downrange at Graf) cool.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"