I am buying T34-85

Guest Big Time Software

T34/85s aren't that hard to come by. Prices start around $35,000 USD. I have seen them as high as $80,000 but I think the owner was either dreaming or had an exceptionally restored model.

Someday I might own one, but then again... the maintainence and practical problems that go along with a heavy AFV are numerable. Fixing and moving around my M29C is hard enough, and the bugger only weighs 4500 lbs and is pretty small.

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

T34/85s aren't that hard to come by... Someday I might own one, but then again... the maintainence and practical problems that go along with a heavy AFV are numerable. Fixing and moving around my M29C is hard enough, and the bugger only weighs 4500 lbs and is pretty small.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No prob. I just wanna park it and shoot a little bit. I'm sure the apartment complex would have a COW if I actually drove it around.

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm sure the apartment complex would have a COW if I actually drove it around.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to mention the fit they wold through when they saw all the oil that leaks out of the thing while you aren't using it smile.gif

Steve

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herr Oberst:

Now THAT would take care of my commuting problems around the Washington DC area...

Give me a few years. Soon as I make my first million, I'll spend 35K on a tank. Then go meet up with the Gespenterdivision re-enactment group out in Ashburn.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sine you live out at Ashburn you may not have seen the DUCK that runs up and down the GW Parkway (Old Town to Memorial Bridge) with tourists. It makes a trip up and down the Potomac then gets on the Pky...naturally, all of us who drive the Pky give it a wide berth...it seems to go about 45 mph and is about twice as high as a car, even an SUV. The one I keep seeing is painted white. The funny part is that it seems to make an actual and sizable "splash" when it hist the water, so the tourists riding in it are frequently wet... biggrin.gif

And didn't one of those Duck-tour thingies in Alabama or Missisippi sink with a load of tourists on board a year or so ago?

Those things are on the GW Parkway? Man, another reason to stay off that road.

Here is what I know.

They have 3 tanks. 76, 85 and one that was redone for film purposes to look like german tank (has skirt armour?).

Tanks were used for film purposes during the communist times. With failure of communism tanks were abandoned.

The price is just under $10000 US. I have no idea (yet) what shape they are in. I am supposed to get pictures this week. Also I am not sure whether they run on not.

I am seriously considering getting one but until I know exactly what shape they are in I am not buying one. I will let you know about them more as soon as I get any info.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killmore:

I am seriously considering getting one but until I know exactly what shape they are in I am not buying one. I will let you know about them more as soon as I get any info.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just gotta ask......WHY??

I mean what can you do with it? Where can you drive it?????

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killmore:

I am seriously considering getting one but until I know exactly what shape they are in I am not buying one. I will let you know about them more as soon as I get any info.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just gotta ask......WHY??

I mean what can you do with it? Where can you drive it?????

Don't be surprised if you went to Russia you could probably pick one up for $2000 if you have your Russian friends do the talking. Russians LOVE ripping off Americans. They think we can afford it. Granted, I don't know about the Tanks side of things, but if your American over there the prices triple.

Out

Phandaal.

Yes - I am sure Russia or BieloRussia is much cheaper. I would just be afraid to go there. Besides with all of the bribes you gotta pay and all of the security you need to hire it would be cheaper to go somewhere else. And how do you know security you hire will not rob you? There are over 150 shootings in Moscow airport a year...

So unless you are sure you it is cheaper and safe go somewhere else. It is worth paying more for personal safety and peace of mind.

(I speak russian really well and I lived there when I was 7 years old)

The T34s in Poland was spotted by my close family who still lives there. And Poland is much safer then Russia.

(The best way not to have your expensive car stolen in Poland is to have Russian/Ukrainian licence plates - no thief will touch it)

Another problem with T-34s is that the engine doesn't last longer than 3000 km if you are lucky ! Imagine every 3k instead of changing oil you would have to get a new engine.

I would like to have a Tiger. Some bugger with 4x4 would piss me off I would rotate my turrent right in front of his nose he he...you won't even have to worry about somebody cutting you off, or scratching the paint smile.gif

Peter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AD:

And didn't one of those Duck-tour thingies in Alabama or Missisippi sink with a load of tourists on board a year or so ago?

Those things are on the GW Parkway? Man, another reason to stay off that road.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AD,

Yes! One DID sink in Arkansas or somewhere.

Funny thing, after I posted about this earlier, I ended up behind it going into National Airport...I failed to mention that it has a blue awning on top to keep our frequently merciless sun off the tourists.

The GWP isn't that bad. I go in and out on it a few times a day with few problems...

biggrin.gif (Now that I have said that I will be in some sort of traffic hell on the morrow... wink.gif

[This message has been edited by ARCHANGEL (edited 06-20-2000).]