Hey BSW..is Tiger on the payroll yet?

Dear BTS,

Is Tiger on the payroll yet?

If not, he should be.

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)

[This message has been edited by Turret Ring (edited 11-13-2000).]

IMHO, Tiger needs to start doing hi-res mods. Then we'll see his true talent.

------------------

--"We want information."

--"Information."

--"Information."

--"Who are you?"

--"The new Number 2."

--"Who is Number 1?"

--"You are Number 6."

--"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

--"Hahahahahahahaha."

The hi-res zimerite tiger, winter tiger were sent off to Madmatt a day ago and should be at Madmatt's Combat HQ in a day or three.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>IMHO, Tiger needs to start doing hi-res mods. Then we'll see his true talent.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

High-resolution has its place but I personally don't think every bmp needs to be done in hi-res. As an example I did the allied tanks in hi-res a few months ago. It was difficult to tell the difference between the normal ones.

I like the mods I've done so far and am pretty much modded out. I've only done 3 panzer VI mods, plus a winterized one of these three. All the allied tanks with weathering (twice), the firefly, jumbo and sherman IIa in detail, a foliage mod for 3-4 of the shermans, 3 or so stug mods one with foliage camo; modded almost all the german field guns, damaged building mods, panzer IV mod, jpz iv mod, hetzer mod, hotchkiss mod, 3-5 panther mods, hi-res shermans that I never released, some terrain mods, some personal terrain mods, wirblewind mod, several of the tank models in primer-gray with all the old camo details removed,one german halftrack mod never finished, et. al.

When Mechwarrior 4 and Tribes2 comes out you'll probably see alot less from me as I begin doing skins for these games. Also just getting into SCA combat. I can not wait till CM2 though. Maybe BTS will "leak" a few CM2 model bitmaps during its development for us to play around with.

regards,

~johnS aka Tiger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kitty:

Since we can't download it, where could someone get it? Kitty wants to see. =(

Kitty<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kitty,

On this forum there was a thread started by Tiger "New Pz VI & Priest" (dtd 11-8-00, at 4:25pm). I believe that's where I picked it up. I went back to check before I wrote this post but the pics won't come up for me so I can't be sure.

It sure is a pretty little dark yellow Tiger with really neat zimmertt patterns in the appropriate places.

Hey Tiger! If you read this post, maybe you can help us out....huh?

Thanks, Sorry!

DUH! I see by the post above you already have. But Why is it already in my BMP files? I've already killed quite a few sherms with that baby. It has become my favorite Tiger.

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)

[This message has been edited by Turret Ring (edited 11-14-2000).]

Tiger, just when I think I have a true appreciation for your talents, I find out you will be doing skins for MW4. Since it comes out today, this will be the only "other game" I play, in the near future. I'm can't wait to pilot an AWS-9M with the three color over tan cammo like your King Tiger. Seriously, though, I am looking forward to seeing what you do.

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Mech4 is out today? Hmm shows how much I have been paying attention...

Why do you want an Awesome though? Wouldn't a DEV-32(not in the game but still!) look so much better? Ahhhh memories... does anybody still even play the board game of battletech anymore? Why I still remember... oooops getting off topic... biggrin.gif

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Hey Tiger,

I can't remember which novel it was in but somewhere I remember Gold mechs (I think they were Dracs)Keep that in mind when you start the MOD work for MW4.

------------------

Originally posted by Der Unbekannte Jäger:

Mech4 is out today? Hmm shows how much I have been paying attention...

Why do you want an Awesome though? Wouldn't a DEV-32(not in the game but still!) look so much better? Ahhhh memories... does anybody still even play the board game of battletech anymore? Why I still remember... oooops getting off topic... biggrin.gif

Hell, I'm 38 and I still have a ton of battletech miniatures to go with my ghq microarmor. The computer is a wonderful thing. And as for the Awesome, its not the biggest, not the best, but its my favorite from the time I started BT many years ago.

Yeah my favorite was the Marauder or Archer. I used to have at least 2 of every miniature. I have many fond memories of tabletop battletech with friends.... *sigh*

Where are you Grizz!

Hey Tzeench, I'm just starting SCA, kinda started back in 97 but didn't go far with it. Going heavy fighter wink.gif Any tips?

-johnS

You going to be sword and board (shield) or going other?

Ive been doing light fighting at wars for the last few years- Manning seige equipment is way COOL biggrin.gif.

Umm hints- eek

Helms with good vision/prefial vision, Lots of padding in the un armoured sections (we archers get good biggrin.gif )and plan to sweat alot,drink lots of fluids,make shure you can get a straw or something to drink out of in your helmet, (my damm chainmail coif gets in the way Grr).

Plate really looks cool, but unless your a really cool blacksmith -Or know one getting it to fit right is a pain.

Eek that reminds me practice is tommrow

Tiger u into b-tech. I love that game. I have about 250 mini's. Ah the good old days when Hanse and Takashi would have it out. I personally love the BattleMaster. I also have quite a rep in the Phoenix Hawk. Wish there was a WEGO game system for Battletech. Oh well. See ya guys and it is good to see some of you Battletech fans around.

------------------

Sir are you sure you want to go to red alert...it would mean changing the bulb

-Priest

With a few exceptions, I have at least one mini of all the the 3025 era mechs, and a few tanks/infantry too... I never played with any of that Clan crap, give me 3025 or give me death!

I just stumbled onto it the other day ago, but there's a Battletech-like freeware game called Titans of Steel that looks promising. I downloaded it but haven't played it yet. Check it out at:

http://www.titansofsteel.de/

------------------

"Whenever a mission ends and I still have a member of the red team standing, I have to ask myself: did I do enough to ensure my own safety?" - Old Man Murray review on SWAT3

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Daveman: I never played with any of that Clan crap, give me 3025 or give me death!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clan Crap? Why the heavy bias? It seems to me that the Omni Mechs were much sought after by the inner sphere surats. (Were they not?)

------------------