Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

You know you're playing too much CM when...

1. When you start thinking of your friends as platoon-mates, etc.

2. When you start using commands in track (Go go go!; Mach schnell!; Los, los, los; Let's move it!)

3. When practicing for marching band, you scan the woods or buildings on either side, nervously looking for MG-42s and wary of ambushes.

4. You start thinking of WWII tactics in the middle of a Civil War reenactment you are in.

5. You pass by an area and you think "That'd be a nice place for a scenario".

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!

[This message has been edited by Gen. Sosaboski (edited 05-23-2000).]

When you start caring for your little men.

Sometimes I can't commit a unit as a sacrifice because of the thought of them being cut down to horrible screams of Ich ist verwundert! and there's the little body lying there as a reminder of your heartless butchery. Sob, I'm sorry Hans, it was for the Fatherland. But he can't hear anymore.

If I hear anybody say, "Ich ist verwundet," and I'm running the German side, I'll target the area for my artillery. My German isn't the best, and my last German course was more than 30 years ago, but I'd expect "Ich bin" (1st person singular) rather than "Ich ist" (1st person singular 'I' with third person singular verb 'is'. If some real Kraut said that, he'd deserve whatever fire was directed his way.

1. You plot your move markers around the office.

2. You place a ambush marker outside the server room.

3. You look for the turn counter on the clock.

4. You wonder what experice level your boss is / and what bounus he/she provides.

After you do something fun you find yourself trying to watch it from a different angle.

You find yourself wondering if you could fit a KT in your driveway.

In school you're hoping that the latest PBEM turn got here.

(On the day of the gold demo release) You skip Geography to go home to check on the release.

(After the gold demo is released) You say you're gonna take time off of school/work and you actually do.

You wake up in the middle of the night just to print out the Demo readme.

You talk about you're new 'friend' Matt from Ohio who's sending you pictures of a cool game.

You feel a personal obligation to defend Steve and BTS when reviewers mess up.

When flying over Cincinatti on the way to Florida you wonder if you can see Madmatt's house from here.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

...your wife comes out to your office for the first time in a year and offers you a cool refreshment. After the first sip you remember that 10 litre jug of insecticide is still missing, and begin to wonder....

Craig (thinking of hiring a royal food taster)

------------------

Absolutely, without question (and by default) the BEST farmer on the forum!

You know your playing too much CM when you hear Dutchland, Dutchland uber alen, as your laying a new asphalt road with a tracked paving machine.

I also get pictures of using our propane burner as a armoured flamethrower.

Thankfully the city of Los Angeles has therapists for these types of delusions.

But if your stuck in a construction zone in L.A. please be careful with the insults, we're working as rapidly as we can at all times. As soon as we finish reading the morning paper, had a cup of coffee, and played a game of cards we'll be happy to speed you on your way to work.

Now stop honkin, suck it up, and move along, thank you sir! smile.giflol

When having it out with your landlord, you expect the right to take argument planning breaks at one-minute intervals.

You note the uncanny physical resemblance between your boss and Unt. Reifenstein, Stug commander.

You note the uncanny physcial resemblance between yourself and Cpl Reilly, dogface.

You console yourself by realizing that, while Unt. Reifenstein may have superior firepower and armor in this little engagement, he's ultimately going to lose the war.

You fail to realize that this analogy does not hold in real life.

Sitting in your car watching the Visiting Dignitary's motorcade whizz by, after having sat in sweltering heat for an hour because the security goons have shut down most of downtown for said Dignitary's convenience, you feel a strong twinge of envy towards German infantry for their ability to magically produce panzerfausts at moments of need.

[This message has been edited by nijis (edited 05-25-2000).]

Hehe, BTW, Unt Reifenstein is an SS infantry platoon commander in LD, not a Stug Commander! (yes, I'm sad enough to remember that! wink.gif

You know you're too much into CM when you dress as a german officer in front of your computer and shout orders to your troops and duck in the face of incoming MG fire...And when you go out in the street for the first time in a week, you think "Whoa, they have really improved the building textures!"