You know you're playing too much CM when...

1. You check LOS to your boss' office before starting up CM at work

2. You're sure that he can't see you because you're hidden

3. You always make sure you leave your car in a hulldown position when at the mall

4. In the middle of an intensely uncomfortable situation, you have this irrepressable urge to pop smoke and back up

There's gotta be some more out there, with all the lunies on this board wink.gif Let's hear them!

Guest Madmatt

Actually way back in Novemeber I did a famous Top Ten list, do a search under Top Ten List or under my name and you should come up with a gem...If I say so myself! biggrin.gif

Actually, here it is! http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/001251.html

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

You describe your ADD nephew as not having sticky enough targeting.

While watching said nephew's Little League game, you envision a flamethrower team hosing out the opposing dugout while arty rains down in the outfield and a sniper drops the umpire.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

11. When you find yourself trying to rotate the view in a POTD.

12. When you survey your neighborhood for good spotting positions for Arty spotters.

13. When you try to guess the "soft spot" of passing automobiles.

14. While walking through the woods, you hear a twig snap and your first instinct is to give the "hide" command.

15. When your boss tells you to do something and you reply, "OK, Sarge."

16. When you get the urge to set up a MG42 bunker in your front yard for the mailma..err, uh...never mind. wink.gif

17. When you hear a car back-firing and look around for an arty impact.

18. When you see three people walking in a small wedge formation you wonder where the other 9 people are.

19. When you see the car in front of you letting out a plume of smoke from the tailpipe and you wonder if they had a 'zook or 'schreck stached in there.

20. When you feel the need to mount a set of M1919 MMGs on you rider lawnmower to gun down those pesky yard animals, ie squirrels, rabbits, etc...

So there! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

- when you call down indirect fire on the neighbor's barking dog even though you can't see it because you at least have a sound contact.

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

[This message has been edited by EScurlock (edited 05-22-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

11. When you find yourself trying to rotate the view in a POTD.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank the gods, I thought I was the only one trying to do this. I'd go over to the CMHQ and read an article or example, and start cursing because my attempts to move the mouse around wasn't shifting the view!

16. When you get the urge to set up a MG42 bunker in your front yard for the mailma..err, uh...never mind. wink.gif

Don't do it, sir! Not only are many of them able to return a higher rate of fire, but they are the people who will be bringing you your game!

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Captain Foobar

LOL

I spent the weekend in the Mountains, and as my wife and I sat gazing at the beautiful scenic vistas, I was constantly trying to determine where my next bound would be, with my platoon.

"Isnt that beautiful, honey?"

"yeah...great place for a bunker...."

"what?"

"oh..umm..nothing.. I said great place for a picnic"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

And Seanachai, I love your sig quote.

Lorak<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why thank you, sir. This bit of info always struck my imagination. I imagine the Fionn has a feeling for this quote (although, in his case, he's probably been more concerned about the tunneling beneath his feet...)

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aacooper:

You've got your neighborhood mentally divided up into 20m x 20m squares.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...For that user scenario you're going to create where you'll get to defend your very own home to the last bullet and the very last man! smile.gif

------------------

Combat Axiom #49. It could be worse. It could be me.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juju:

...For that user scenario you're going to create where you'll get to defend your very own home to the last bullet and the very last man! smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey that's a great idea! To design a scenario after your neighborhood. Picture a King Tiger driving up from behind your house.

By GOLLY! I think I'll try that. Just gotta get some dimensions.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

Hey that's a great idea! To design a scenario after your neighborhood. Picture a King Tiger driving up from behind your house.

By GOLLY! I think I'll try that. Just gotta get some dimensions.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oooh, that is extremely twisted. What a bizarre, extra-engine-intent application!

------------------

... an ex-girlfriend comes to your home, cooks a diner for you, and you spend all the time together explaining to her how to make a good reverse slope ambush in your current PBEM game redface.gif

(Yes, I did it sunday night)

Ariel