CM Borg?

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

Call me a newbie or whatever but I have been lurking for a while and I keep seeing this CM Borg running around what is he doing??? I am rather puzzled by its behaviour.

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

Oh groovy now I understand, I was starting to wonder what I had gotten into with this great game. Thanks for the info.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Der Unbekannte Jäger:

Oh groovy now I understand, I was starting to wonder what I had gotten into with this great game. Thanks for the info.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Unknown Hunter is hereby assimilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Master Bates:

CM Borg = unfunny board in-joke

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, judging by your handle and signature, you're just a font of wit and humor, aren't you.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quality, wholesome family viewing brought to you by Master Bates and Seaman Staines.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This child is becoming rather disgusting. I believe a personal e-mail complaint to BTS will be in order soon.

Or MB could you please tone down your sexual humor? My children use this BBS.

Thank you.

All right, I'm taking bets on when ol' Bates finally blows his top and starts spamming the board about how poorly he's treated and how none of us are really funny or smart!

Who's got Tuesday?

Who's got Sunday?

Let's go people!

------------------

Did someone compare this to the Ealing comedies? I've shot people for less.

-David Edelstein

FromTopic: Was I assimilated?

posted 09-05-2000 06:58 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>opinion is divided / the jury is out on the question whether the CM Borg can assimilate old time veteran CM-followers who have actually been here, and assimilated in a natural, self-assimilating way, way before the Borg entered the CM community hive.

If anything, it is the old board members and CM devotees who should assimilate the Borg.

Just my opinion of course. Any "assimilation" executed by the CM Borg onto old CMers would only have a declaratory, but not constitutive effect.Actually,<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

From jdmorse <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>My theory is that the Borg is a manifestation of the collective unconciousness of those of us who were around before he started "official" assimulations. We reached a critical mass thus giving him birth. (cue Thus sprach Zarathustra) Thus he is our id manifestin the cyber CM world (scary......just look at the other manifestation.....the Cesspool/Peng thread)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 09-07-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks:

All right, I'm taking bets on when ol' Bates finally blows his top and starts spamming the board about how poorly he's treated and how none of us are really funny or smart!

Who's got Tuesday?

Who's got Sunday?

Let's go people!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am going with the "premature" blow-up. I got Sunday.

Jeff

I'm still one step ahead of the Borg. I have posted to every "Borg" thread and his one good human eye has missed me every time.

He must have a problem assimilating us Scots. (either that or assimilating the Scots would significantly impact the Laphroaig and Talisker lubrication plants)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Claymore:

I'm still one step ahead of the Borg. I have posted to every "Borg" thread and his one good human eye has missed me every time.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can run but you cannot hide.

The Scotsman Claymore is assimilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Claymore:

I'm still one step ahead of the Borg.

He must have a problem assimilating us Scots. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have figured out that the way to get around the Borg is to begin by posting in a nonchalant manner as though you've been here. He/She/It then feels that he/she/it -must- have assimilated you at one time or another. You kind of come in under his radar (or whatever that eye thingy is).

Anyway, it worked for me.

Gawd Save Us: Borg Wars!

Assimulation v. counter-assimulation, hmmmmm must be something here for a lawyer!!

------------------

"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

-- King Henry VI, Part II, Act 4, sc.2, l.86

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 09-07-2000).]

Guest Lord General MB

Soldiers,

Fear not! I have my pershings and cromwells traveling the streets in search of the CM Borg. Soon he will meet the fate of a 90mm gyrostabalised turret!

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army