question re: delivery method

Guest smbutler

Guest smbutler

I did a search on this but couldn't find a definitive answer. Will CM come to my anxious, quivering hands via UPS or USPS?

Yep, I remember it being USPS Priority Mail. The cost is roughly the same (a bit lower for Priority) as well as having the USPS deliver to just about every address imagineable.

UPS is a pain for shipping to non-business addresses. They don't generally leave the package at your door, don't deliver PO boxes, cost $1 more to delver to residential areas and $1 more for rural areas.

Jason

Guest Big Time Software

UPS hiked up its rates in January. We waited a few months to see if we could absorb the costs, but no go. The average order to the West Coast and South (US) costs us $10, yet we only charge $8. So by going with USPS Priority Mail we can keep the S&H rate the same and get back to where we should be (i.e. breaking even on S&H instead of losing money).

To all Kiwis (and there are MANY of you smile.gif), the rough transit time to your fair island nation is roughly 10 days from the time it leaves our warehouse.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

The shipping time to most places not in North America is about 10 days. It could be less, but I don't think I have heard of anything better than 6 days to some place like London.

We have looked into expidited services, but most are priced in the "silly" range. I don't think most anybody would want to pay $50 for S&H for us to use DHL or FedEx, but that is what it would cost us. Plus, this is something that requires pricing out for each individual order. We simply can't do that.

The only other service that is available is through the USPS (general Post Office), but the problem with that is it isn't available to all cities in all countries. This is not something we are set up to deal with since each city has to be looked up and then priced accordingly.

In short, shipping around the world stinks. We are looking into having at least European shipping capabilities, but this isn't likely to happen until late summer.

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 05-16-2000).]

So Steve

What would be a nice gesture on your behalf would be to have another scenario availible for everyone outside the states once you start distribution to make up for having to wait ten more painstaking days

Guess that was answered already: Will the content and price be declared on the box? If not there is a chance to avoid custom fees (I live in Austria). I am really new to this online ordering so any information is appreciated!

Regards, Thomm

Hey Ted:

You can't do that yourself. You need me to carry the package to the door of the airplane when you leave, then I have to carry the package off the plane and load it in your vehicle. (Union rules, you know. And don't ever mess with the union.)

Plus you have to pay me double-overtime for trips outside the U.S.

And if you schedule departure on a weekday, I'm going to call in sick every day until it's Saturday, when just by coincidence I will suddenly get well in time to get paid triple overtime for weekend work.

I take it from BTS's answer that if one is living in Africa, one is not going to see the game any time soon? I pre-ordered, and would gladly pay the $60 or $70 extra to have it shipped here via Federal Express or DHL, but if it can't happen, it can't happen.

[This message has been edited by nijis (edited 05-17-2000).]