Vote here

Guest rune

Come on Troops lets Rally on this one. Wonder why Gamespy did not list CM.... Cause it is not distributed through corporate channels.

Gamespy is a puppet of the Corporate Game industry. Even if we give CM a good vote level I'll be surprised if it gets actual press from these market pawns.

Later,

Muzzlehead

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Troops lets Rally on this one. Wonder why Gamespy did not list CM.... Cause it is not distributed through corporate channels.

Gamespy is a puppet of the Corporate Game industry. Even if we give CM a good vote level I'll be surprised if it gets actual press from these market pawns.

Later,

Muzzlehead

Well, I voted......but considuring that out of the crap they did have on display the leader so far is C & C:Red alert 2, I doubt this site is worth saving......

Jeez, Westwood re-hashes the same crap RTS game they have had since Dune 2 with some cheesy FMV thrown in for good measure, and THIS is supposed to be the pinnacle of Stratagy games this year?

Excuse me as I hose the floor in vomit.

------------------

"Life is pain. Anyone saying otherwise is selling something."

Done. Thanks for the alert.

One reason CM might not be listed there is that most gaming media treat wargames and strategy games as different genres. Then again, they included the Sims, which does have strategy elements but certainly shouldn't be classed with most strategy games, imo.

------------------

Hope you got your things together,

Hope you are quite prepared to die. --CCR

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by rune:

Since Gamespy has ignored Combat Mission in its Strategy Game of the Year nominations, I put in a write in vote.

Rune<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done! Now where's my $20 (pref. in US funds)?

Mace

Done.

I actually heard about Combat Mission when the board heard about Strategy Gaming Online's best new game poll, and literally voted Combat Mission into orbit. There I was, innocently voting for my fave game Ground Control, when I saw this unknown game trample it into the ground. I hope we educate a few people the same way I was.

--Anyway, I am very happy to have found out about this game! You see above what I've been driven to. I never did play ASL, but I did play the original, along with other classics like Third Reich.--

our 'crowd' got heavily into asl, then realized that the rules were just too complicated for the size of battles we liked to play.

we went back to original squad leader et al.

i'm not sure you missed out on much, unless you liked smaller battles, for while asl was a great system, it sacrificed too much playability in my opinion.

plus the schlepper was much more rare =g=

yes we played 3rd Reich too...

imo the greatest theatre-level game was ww2 from spi. that game had a vague rulebook but a great system. the map was huge... then they added the pacific version... i still have that as a matter of fact... never once played it.... always went for 'eto' after thinking about it with another gamer for a few minutes.

it took 40-50 hours to play ww2: eto out.

3rd reich was typically around 10-12 hours right?

anyway, get a copy of combat mission... you will really like it.

andy