Gone Gold?

MERC

I saw the following quote from Fionn in the CSIPGWH under the COMBAT MISSION = VAPORWARE thread:

"LOL. How true.. I know it isn't vapourware cause I have a gold CD

sitting in my CD drive right now wink.gif."

Does that mean it has went GOLD?

Guest Madmatt

No he means the color of the CD...As in he is playing it currently nad all the beta testers have beta copies that were burned on GOLD colored cd's...Poor choice of wording on Fionn's part and he will be summarilly sacked! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Fisrt. Fionn is a beta tester so he might have a gold CD in his drive.... LOL

But as for the game going gold?

Pay really close attention to that "wink"

That says it all.

Lorak

------------------

-------------------------

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this is mine. It is my life. Without my rifle I am useless. Without me, my rifle is useless...

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

No he means the color of the CD...As in he is playing it currently nad all the beta testers have beta copies that were burned on GOLD colored cd's...Poor choice of wording on Fionn's part and he will be summarilly sacked! wink.gif

Madmatt

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We would like to appologize for the unwarrented sacking of those responsible for the misunderstanding of the Gold demo. Those who are responsible for the sacking have now been sacked.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

Pay really close attention to that "wink"

That says it all.

Lorak

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I missed the wink.gif in the newsgroup (its alot easier to see in this forum), I blame it on my excitement of hearing the words "GOLD CD"

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

CM has NOT gone gold I was just typing too quickly. wink.gif

I mixed up beta and gold since I was in a thread using both terms..

Sorry for all the excitement folks wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SCHMUCK!

wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Okay, I don't wanna read too much into this, but doesn't the fact that they're burning CDs for testers mean something? A fairly typical thing towards the end of a project -- make sure the builds, installs, final images are all good, etc...

Either that, or CM's gotten so much bigger than 15 megs that this is a more efficient distribution mechanism than the 'net.....

Guest Madmatt

OH FOR GODS SAKE PEOPLE!!! RELAX! It didn;t and doesnt mean SQUAT!!! They burned us CD's MONTHS ago for crying out loud!!! Get a life people! Go outside, water the lawn, take a walk, GET AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER and stop reading into every freaking thing we say! wink.gif

Madmatt out!

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Okay, I don't wanna read too much into this, but doesn't the fact that they're burning CDs for testers mean something? A fairly typical thing towards the end of a project -- make sure the builds, installs, final images are all good, etc...

Either that, or CM's gotten so much bigger than 15 megs that this is a more efficient distribution mechanism than the 'net.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As someone who's done quite a bit of beta testing in the past, I can vouch that in all the game beta tests I've been in, the company sends you the full base beta code on a CD. You'll generally receive update patches that have bug fixes and or new features via downloading thru the web/ftp. Remember that just because the beta demo was only 15 megs, doesn't mean that that was what the beta testers got. The demo was basically the core game engine at that time, with only the bare necessary vehicle/graphic/sound files added that were needed for the included scenarios. The full initial beta build the testers received, was most definately larger. So to get to my point, there is noting to read into the fact the beta was shipped out on CD, that's just SOP.

Mikey-"Not in this BETA darn it"-Dz