Work

Guest BillWood

FREELANC ALOT, or well I try to freelance alot. But basically I'm a semi retired (work when I need to) art whore. In other words, I'll do anything artwise for money when I need it. Check my profile for portfolio web page. Been doing it for 20 years, so what else can I do?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Babra

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Speedy:

By day+night(that means shift works to all you Capitalist Pig Dog managers)- Production line worker.

When not at work (hic) - Hey Babra give me my books back!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

High fives, bro. Looks like we're the proletarian one-percenters. Which, I guess, is better than the presumed ten percent of "those" people wink.gif.

Guest Kettle Black

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrAlimantado:

I'm doing an MA in Philosohpy and Psychoanalysis, and I'll probably become unemployed as soon as I finish. Unless some psycho with too much money is willing to hire me despite my suspicious degree.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Dr Alimantado! Good to see you again.

Oh yeah, I got a real job yesterday, which means I'll be able to buy a real sys soon.

I used to work as a translator. New job is PR & Communication dept at a large Swedish company.

Nights I'm still trying to keep my troops alive at the Western Front.

K-B

By day, lawyer {mainly Social Security disability - although did almost 20 yrs as divorce and criminal lawyer } Am I really the only one ?

By night CM / Forum / CMHQ / Annex junky. Luckily my wife hits sleepy time at around 9pm because she gets up at 4:30 am. So the evening belongs to CM, of course I am getting bags and cicles under my eyes

By night and weekends, I'm an amateur photographer. And by day, a computer engineer in Montreal, Canada working for power utilities, writing programs to make electricty get around better and to totally eliminate the possibility of power fa

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gyrene251:

Television Producer specializing in hunting and fishing shows for ESPN2 and Fox Sports Net.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spend any time on the Kenai and Russian Rivers in Alaska? I'll be there this August. biggrin.gif

P.S. I'm an Aircraft Maintenance Scheduler for the Air Force working on a degree in accounting.

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I am a Regional Manager for Mercedes in Shanghai China - but i am a Tommy, not a Sourkraut muncher!

CDIC

Guest gyrene251

DrAlimantado...go work in TV. It's what I did with my BA in Philosphy. Been at it for 21 years!

Guest gyrene251

EScurlock - I'll be in Wasilla (40 min. north of Anchorage) in June going after King Salmon. Will be there for 3 days taping.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gyrene251:

EScurlock - I'll be in Wasilla (40 min. north of Anchorage) in June going after King Salmon. Will be there for 3 days taping.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I presume you'll be boating it to the less accesable Susitna hotspots but spend some time on the Little Willow. It's a nice roadside fishery without the rediculous crouds. Just don't tell the whole world about it, and watch out for the huge and sudden holes! wink.gif

------------------

Owner of a one man constrution firm in the carribean , its been hard keeping my company to one man for 11 years but i managed.

But for the last 4 1/2 years PTSD from the Vietnam war has made it hard to get along with the boss (which is me) so i work only 1 or 2 days a month . Must be semi-retired , huh ?

Out of work ski bum, carpenter, truck driver, fisherman, painter, mechanic,.... in Alaska. Presently a no good drunk river running rat by day. By night? It doesn't get that dark now at 64°N to be condidered night. Someday I might grow up and get a real job but can't think of a reason why.

You guys fishing in Alaska this summer are going to the wrong place. Well the Russian & Kenai Rivers are 'combat fishing' areas so maybe not. Have fun!

Rother

First career: Behavior Analyst using operant conditioning to teach people with developmental disabilities. area of expertise: autism and severe behavior disorders.

Second career: Systems Administrator for a manufacturing company. areas of expertise: Netware, AS/400 and Lotus Domino.

At night i try to get as drunk as possible before the old shrew shrieks at me to put the bottle away. thrash the children soundly before putting them to bed and then play CM and lurk here looking for potential victims of my verbal abuse.

Peng

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rother:

You guys fishing in Alaska this summer are going to the wrong place. Well the Russian & Kenai Rivers are 'combat fishing' areas so maybe not. Have fun!

Rother<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm pretty much stuck to the roadside fisheries. Can't afford air or float trips to some more private fishing. I'll be spending time on Ship, Bird, Resurrection, Montana, and Camble Creeks. Of course I have to do the Russian and Kenai also. It's hectic but those red salmon are worth the hastle.

------------------

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Oh what the hell, I'll contribute to this thread.

I have a BA in History, class of '96 from Southern Illinois University. I worked for the campus mail service while I attended school. But I discovered that having this degree, I was "over-qualified" for the pitily-ass jobs and "under-qualified" for the better jobs.

So I took what I could get, such as factory work, core drilling, surveying assistant with the DoT, and herbicide sprayer to maintain powerline right-of-ways.

And then in October '98 on the way to take the Postal Exam I had a life-changing auto accident right in front of the Exam location. I ended up with a broken neck and a spinal injury. Became a quadrapallegic. Spent the next two months in the hospital. Came back home just 2 weeks before Christmas and started in-home therapy almost immediately. That lasted until April '99 and then I started out-patient therapy and am still going to this day.

However, I started to get leg movement on Christmas Eve '98, just 2 weeks after I was released from the hospital. Now, just a little shy of 20 months after the fact, I can walk using a hemi-walker (which is a half of a walker). I started using a walker last July, but had very little stamina.

At home I sit in a wheelchair at my computer just for convenience sake really. I walk every where else though. I started working out in a weight gym in mid-February and am doing quite well there. I intend to finish up with out-patient therapy by this summer and start some computer classes back at my Junior College this fall. I plan on taking a Web Design class and a basic programming class. Yes, I need to learn this HTML ****, so I can make my very own CM site. wink.gif

So my work primarily right now is trying to get back into shape after I lost a tremendous amount of strength with this damn injury.

So that's my wonderful life. That's why I am lurking on this board for most of the day. wink.gif

My cursory overview indicates that I'm the first person on the board courageous enough to admit that I'm an attorney smile.gif I know there are others out there. It's ok, come on out...

In my spare time I've been working on getting an online music mag going. Supposed to do that in my "free" time, but CM isn't doing me any favors in that area.

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

Guest Babra

Geez, sucks dude. Sorry to hear that. Having nearly ruined myself permanently in a very nasty motorcycle accident two years ago I can certainly empathize. I still remember how happy I was as I lay there (right hand bent back double, ribs all broke up one side, collarbone somewhere down around my elbow I think smile.gif...) looking at the stars, smiling like a sumvabeach cuz I could move my legs and turn my head.

Ain't it funny how there's no pain?

"The first thing we'll do, we'll kill all the lawyers." Richard III.

I married one. lovely crowd, really smashing. always willing to help out someone in need. someone in need of a cashectomy.

Peng

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."

Oh, Peng, you will love this, then. My undergraduate alma mater, UCRiverside, is trying to get a law school started. Their reasoning for this is that in Los Angeles and Orange counties, there is one lawyer for every 300 people, but in Riverside (and the Inland Empire in general), there is "only" one lawyer per 900 people. Therefore, the Riverside area is underserved by lawyers and they need to train more. And here I was thinking fewer lawyers was a good thing.