Work

Guest BillWood

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Tim Brooks has greatly annoyed me in the past as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>And now to my point, what do us wargamers do for a living?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm enjoying early retirement biggrin.gif . To keep myself busy, I run a small farm, have a minor beekeeping operation, and make beer and mead as often as I need to. To satisfy my addiction to combat, I'm a volunteer fireman.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

Ah, heh, heh --- I kinda wonder at the wisdom of mentioning this around here, but, what the hell: I work in the Clinical Laboratory (2nd shift) at the local Veterans Administration Hospital.

(15 years in the Army, and I just can't seem to get away from it...).

Greetings,

Computer consultant (VB, Cold Fusion, COGNOS), XO for a USAR Company, long-time wargamer. And after excitedly explaining how my attack worked successfuly in VoT to my wife, a helpless geek.

Regards,

John Wright

Jeez, now I really feel like an idiot frown.gif. All these multi-title job descriptions, and all I can come up with is six little letters...Farmer.

Oh well, I guess there is solace in knowing that if all us farmers quit working, everybody else (including those with multi-title job descriptions)will die. wink.gif

Craig (just finished seeding Lentils, Wheat, Durum and Flax for you all smile.gif)

smilies added in spite of Mr. Peng

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 05-19-2000).]

Guest tom w

Thanks Craig for planting, I mean that in my heart, as I grew up on a farm and I miss it terribly.

Where is your farm? How many arcres? how much livestock?

-tom w

p.s. I'll be away for the weekend so I will miss all of you

until tuesday night, (And Please no wagering, while I'm away, oops I 'm I mean hope I don't miss any GOOD flame wars, so keep it down eh?) I'll be up north for the fishing weekend and we will bring laptops and play Combat mission inside and out ALL weekend long, all four scenario's both the new ones and the two old ones, on the hotset on three laptops in between beer drinking fishing and eating more baked beans and pickled eggs than you can imagine, AND NO this DOES not have ANYTHING to do with WORK!

over and out! smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Craig:

Oh well, I guess there is solace in knowing that if all us farmers quit working, everybody else (including those with multi-title job descriptions)will die. wink.gif

Craig (just finished seeding Lentils, Wheat, Durum and Flax for you all smile.gif)

smilies added in spite of Mr. Peng

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 05-19-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom, I farm in West Central Saskatchewan, where the land is so flat you can watch your dog run away for three days. wink.gif Currently I farm 1150 acres, 1/4 to each of the crops listed above. The only livestock I have are three self propelled mousetraps (cats) and a couple of wild deer that like to live in the trees around the yard.

Farming is still the best way of life, period, but anyone who came back here after 20yrs would be shocked by the changes. It took my father, grandfather and a hired man to run this farm in the 60's, and now there only little old me. Mechanization has really improved (at an extremely high cost, mind you) to the point that if dad comes out to help now, there is nothing for him to do.

Craig (Thinking about waxing his tractor today)

Guest Schuggerbaby

Carpenter, and Ex- Student of History. If someone thinks its a strange change in life, he' probably right.... smile.gif

Persian Gulf Vet (USN)

Profesional firefighter, Hamilton, Ohio.

Profesional beer drinker when Im off.

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear no one, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)

Guest Molyneaux

Well, the past four years I made my living playing mando in a bluegrass band, now I work for the US Census.....send in yer forms wink.gif

Feel outta place amongst all these puter folks hehe

Molyneaux

Guest Madmatt

Hey Echo, You are just up the road from me in Cincinnati! Nice to have you aboard.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Government Bond Trader in NYC with a large regional firm and avid CM fan. Am impressed with the scope and level of knowledge of the regular participants, but not an active poster. Looking VERY forward to the release.

Oh, you poor working bastards. wink.giftongue.gif

Being unemployed, I can play CM all day if I feel like it. smile.gif And the government pays me for it. Thanks to all the tax-payers out there wink.gifsmile.giftongue.gif

Guest ciril

I'm a student of electronics here in Croatia. I've been trying to find a LAN support or helpdesk or just PC assembling job

in the US but so far no luck (hey, if you know an employer my address is Ciril.Rozic@st.tel.hr). Alternatively I'm looking for a scholarship to finish college in the US. So far I've been a night watchman, camp counselor, programmer, sysadmin and online tech support dude.

I am also a good buddy of Herr Wood. I currently resent his wasting time on venting frustrations online instead of on me in VoT. There are bunkers waiting to be busted, dude!

Ciril

It seems I'm the only one here in sales. Does that make me a bad person? I've worked inside sales for a national computer-stuff reseller since last September (my first real 8-5 post college job) and am contemplating making the change to outside sales at the end of next summer. If you're nice to me, I'll hook you up with cheap computer stuff!

DjB

Guest MantaRay

10 year Army vet(Plus 2 on reserve)

2 Years SFPD(again reserve) while getting a degree.

Now hoping I can eek out a living as an Online magazine owner.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily