My closed Topic: Die Demo ist...

Ok. I think I understood your opinions. (although they were mostly written in english biggrin.gif ) Thx for showing me the right way.

"dreckiger GI-Offizier": It´s about a computer animated person. I was angry because he didn´t want to die. And I´m sorry if anybody felt "attacked" (don´t know a better word... wink.gif )

And although it´s the best game I´ve ever played, I still do have some (small!!) criticism: I have a problem with the explosions, they appear not to be quite realistic, but this could be because my computer is not worthy wink.gifThanks for any responses.

Thx RMC biggrin.gif

Gruss Bumrush

PS: I am not a skinhead/neonazi etc. as some people wrote!! I´m totally sure about this. Really.

------------------

watch out for www.waffenHQ.de

...die Welt der Waffen

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Bumrush,

Thanks for the clarification smile.gif Glad to know you enjoy Combat Mission overall.

As wonderful as different languages are, can you imagine the problems this BBS would have if people spoke their native languages? Here is a list of languages of posters that I know of off the top of my head (in no particular order):

English

German

French

Swedish

Italian

Finnish

Dutch

Danish

Norwegian

Croat

Slovene

Polish

Chinese

Spanish

Australian (hehehe couldn't resist smile.gif)

Yeah, it would be pretty colorful to have eveybody speaking their native languages, but oh boy... would that make things a little tough on those of us who don't know 20 languages smile.gif

Thanks,

Steve

Bumrush, Haben Sie die neue Änderung am programm installierte? V1.01? Die Explosionen

sind ausgezeichnet! Hoffentlich werden Sie mit die simulation vielen spass haben.

(Entschuldigungen Sie mein deutsche)

Zamo

Guest KwazyDog

Yeah, and I reckon you fellas would 'ave a real mean time understanded me if I didnt de aussie meself wink.gif

Whatchas reckon? smile.gif

From BTS:

"Australian (hehehe couldn't resist)"

Thanks very much Steve. Feel free to put the slipper in, fella. First we have to weather the additional shipping time, and now we get rated after the Slovenes!

But then again, this is from a guy who probably "warshes his caa". Hopefully, you are picking out your new caa this week after sending off all the preorders.

Very well, I take people at their word absent any evidence to the contrary. I hereby withdraw any comments I made that may have implied that you are a neonazi/skinhead.

Ende gut, alles gut as they say. Or is that Vorsprung durch Technik. Oh well.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Hey,

ich lebe auch in Stuttgart!!!

Willkommen im Forum - sag´mal hast du CM schon??????? Ich warte jeden Tag wie besessen, daß es ankommt??

Schreib mir doch ne Mail.

Gruß

Jochen

(Hey, i live in Stuttgart, too. Welcome to the Forum. Say, do you have CM yet?? I´m waiting like a fanatic every day to get it.

Write me a mail.)

Guest Big Time Software

hh3_cm, that cracked me up. Why? Because I debated about making a crack about Texans or Australians, but figured the Aussies would make much funnier banter to express their deep offense to my comments smile.gif

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 06-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Hi Bumrush,

Thanks for the clarification smile.gif Glad to know you enjoy Combat Mission overall.

As wonderful as different languages are, can you imagine the problems this BBS would have if people spoke their native languages? Here is a list of languages of posters that I know of off the top of my head (in no particular order):

English

German

French

Swedish

Italian

Finnish

Dutch

Danish

Norwegian

Croat

Slovene

Polish

Chinese

Spanish

Australian (hehehe couldn't resist smile.gif)

Yeah, it would be pretty colorful to have eveybody speaking their native languages, but oh boy... would that make things a little tough on those of us who don't know 20 languages smile.gif

Thanks,

Steve<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

BOY we pay you good Aussie dollars and you pick on our near perfect accent.

PS and to boot you didn't send our games out first! rolleyes.gif

Rotten Ronnie

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zamo:

Bumrush, Haben Sie die neue Änderung am programm installierte? V1.01? Die Explosionen

sind ausgezeichnet! Hoffentlich werden Sie mit die simulation vielen spass haben.

(Entschuldigungen Sie mein deutsche)

Zamo<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I´ve downloaded the Combat Mission Gold Demo a few days ago from the official website. Is there any new software revision for the Demo? The explosions really don´t look very good in my version..

excuse my English wink.gif )

Greetings Bumrush

PS: Your German sounds really good.

------------------

...die Welt der Waffen

Bumbrush, there is no revision planned for the gold demo as it will take too much time and I think it is not worthy. If you go on this site

http://combathq.thegamers.net

and then under the POTD (picture of the day) archive you will fing some amazing pics about the new explosion Charles just added to the 1.01 patch. And more to it you will find the MDMP which is new graphics and sound for the game. Plus you will find updates about what happens in the CM world. BTW Madmatt (webmaster of the site mentionned above, beta tester and graphic man) and BTS work very closely. So if you want any other information head over there and see for yourself.

Viel Spass und Vergnügen !

Guest smbutler

As far as the language issue goes, I just want to make sure that we consider the possibilities raised by, say, a hypothetical 12 year old kid in Freiburg. He has saved up to buy the game, and, while he's learning English in school, he hasn't learned enough to articulate his concerns and questions clearly. I'm not saying anyone would want to do this, but please let's not shout the poor kid down for making a post in German. There's no harm in that, right?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by smbutler:

I'm not saying anyone would want to do this, but please let's not shout the poor kid down for making a post in German. There's no harm in that, right? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that, honestly. Would also be better for the kid to do it in German, that way OB&M could not whack him for shbellink mishdages...

And I am also sure that in such a case somebody could be found who is willing to do a bit of translating. I know I would do that.

------------------

Andreas

@Jeff

Oh my God... you all are right. The graphics are not bad... I mean they are GOOD! Very good. And much more better than in the Demo I played. Why do they release such bad demo versions?? I was shocked.. Thx for the link.

Gruss Bumrush

------------------

...die Welt der Waffen

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bumrush:

Why do they release such bad demo versions?? I was shocked...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guy you almost bring tears to my eyes.

I must say I'm starting to love your style.

Keep the post coming.

biggrin.gif

Wait for the game, patch and fix all there is to be fixed.

And enjoy yourself...

Ce petit gars je l'adore, laissez le s'exprimer en paix.

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped

LOL.

I must admit that after a bit of getting used to Bumrushs' posting style makes me laugh wink.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The graphics are not bad... I mean they are GOOD <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Classic back-handed compliment wink.gif.

Seems to be quite easy to make you laugh wink.gif But I had no motivation to do so.. it must be my bad English. Maybe Australian origins.. biggrin.gif

Gruss Bumrush

PS: Anyone for free Tiger-Pics (Tank.. not cat...)? Try the link below and choose "Specials"... Enjoy..and click the banner wink.gif

------------------

...die Welt der Waffen

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fionn:

I must admit that after a bit of getting used to Bumrushs' posting style makes me laugh wink.gif.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The guy has style and/or iron ones...

It's refreshing.

biggrin.gif

------------------

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped