Get in GameRanger!

This is a who's who of the best of Mac games

this is the list of Games Game Ranger Supports,

just for purpose of the FREE advertising ALONE, Combat Mission SHOULD be on this list:

Your Choice of 48 Games to Play on GameRanger:

• A--hole (cards)

• Madden NFL 2000

• Age of Empires

• Master of Orion II

• Alien Crossfire

• MechWarrior 2

• Alpha Centauri

• Monopoly

• Ares

• Myth II

• Battle for the Universe

• NetBoxes

• Bolo

• Netzee

• ChessWorks

• Quake 1

• Civilization II Gold

• Quake 2

• Close Combat

• Quake 3

• Close Combat: A Bridge Too Far

• QuakeWorld

• Cribbage

• Railroad Tycoon 2

• Dark Colony

• Railroad Tycoon 2: The Second Century

• Dark Vengeance

• Rainbow Six

• Deadlock

• Rainbow Six: Eagle Watch

• F/A-18 Korea

• Risk II

• FutureCop

• Scrabble

• Heroes of Might and Magic II

• Star Trek: Elite Force

• Heroes of Might and Magic III

• Star Wars Racer

• Jazz Jackrabbit 2

• Stratega

• Klingon Honor Guard

• Terminus

• Links LS 2000

• Unreal

• Links LS 2000 Demo

• Unreal Tournament

• Lode Runner 2

• Warcraft II

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 11-25-2000).]

Here, here!

I'd like to second/third/fourth that motion! GameRanger is such an easy way to find (Mac) opponents. CM on GameRanger would be mutually beneficial, introducing many other non-traditional wargamers to the game. And we all know what happens once someone tries CM, right? biggrin.gif

Great Job BTS and Battlefront! Keep up the super job!

Thanks,

Steve C. (aka Howitzer)

The only problem is that you would have to put up with all the Gameranger idiots. Spend some time on the Gameranger chat and feel your IQ drop exponentially. I would actually prefer a standalone or in-game *platform independent* combat mission game browser/people finder. Or maybe we could get our own lobby on gameranger. Since I don't have any friends, a CM game finder would be nice smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>The only problem is that you would have to put up with all the Gameranger idiots. Spend some time on the Gameranger chat and feel your IQ drop exponentially. I would actually prefer a standalone or in-game *platform independent* combat mission game browser/people finder. Or maybe we could get our own lobby on gameranger. Since I don't have any friends, a CM game finder would be nice<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's bollocks, TCP/IP Combat Mission MUST appear on Gameranger!!

Mark these words: Combat Mission would be one of the top three games on Gameranger, especially since for all the other games there are usually other connection options, but I think that many CM players would flock to Gameranger.

I really don't know what BTS would have to do to get CM on Gameranger. I have no idea?

But all I can think of is the FREE advertising for the game. That List I posted above is really a BIG TIME Who's Who of Mac Games. All the really popular mulitplayer games are there.

Listing CM on Game Ranger would open the game up to a new kind of (ok mostly Non-grog) video game gamer, and "should" increase sales as the exposure of this game "should" be greatly expanded. I would bet that many, if not most gamers that go to GameRanger have not ever even heard of Combat Mission. Why not get even more FREE exposure there.

Now I may be ALL wrong on this? Does any one know if the game companies have to pay anything to get on that list posted above? I doubt it but I could be wrong.

BTS should make it a priority to list CM on Gameranger once TCP/IP is out the door and finalized. How hard can that be?

-tom w

I preached nothing but CM when I used to play CC2 on Gameranger! Very few people there know what CM is but I showed a few people to this forum and to my website and heard back from them later, thanking me of course!

It's a fun place to be.

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

A major source of Wild Bill scenarios!

From the Gameranger website developer section:

Contact Scott Kevill at developer@GameRanger.com to find out just how easy it is to have GameRanger support your game.

Please include any information about the game that you can (confidentiality is assured), and in particular, the type of networking models it uses, and a very rough estimate of how far away the release is (if not already released).

Support is added to the game by the developer, and then the GameRanger plug-in is written by Scott Kevill, as the GameRanger server has a registry of all plug-ins.

Just something people might like to see!

------------------

And if we abandon any platform, I can assure you it will not be the Macintosh.

-Steve

My website!

A major source of Wild Bill scenarios!