New Signature Hunt

Read Clauswitz, he's got all kinds of great military sayings.

I think my favorite one (other than my own, of course) was Slapdragon's "Shermans never get guns damaged because they die like Red Shirts." Then someone had "Don't lie to me Gustav, you're a stinking Mac user!" I was kind of offended, until he told me it was from a Dilbert cartoon.

More sigs:

Panzerfaust, inc.- producing pistol armed infantry teams since 1942

There are no bad [regiments], there are only bad [colonels].-Napoleon

Aptitude for war is aptitude for movement-Napoleon

What, do they run already? Then I die happy.- James Wolfe

Soup-y, soup-y, soup-y; not a single bean

Pork-y, pork-y, pork-y; not a streak of lean

Coffee, coffee, coffee; not a drop of cream

-Traditional words of mess call

Your'e in the army now, your'e not behind a plow. You'll never get rich, you S O B, you're in the army now.- American soldier's song, c 1917.

-Any lines from Charge of the Light Brigade.

-Well I've spent my life in Quzinkie,

and it's not the easy life for me.

But if the price is not to cheap,

we'll pull those nets up from the deep.

And it's eighteen hours before I sleep,

Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.- Kevin Smit', a fellow crewman, who also came up with the lines I use for my sig.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 10-15-2000).]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mankind is kept alive by bestial acts...

-Kurt Weil

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Damn it, do you want to live forever? Follow me!" -109 Gustav

wasn't that Conan the Barbarian's girlfriend who said that before she got shot by James Earl Jones's snake arrow?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sheesh...kids today!

Ok, people, listen up... This line was uttered by Valeria just before she, Subotai and Conan leaped from the top of Thulsa Doom's tower entrance to his snake temple after stealing some big honking jewels and killing his pet giant snake.

Not that I watched this film repeatedly when I was a young 'un or anything.... wink.gif

Vetch

[This message has been edited by Vetch (edited 10-16-2000).]

A) Dear God, thank you for this bountiful food that graces our lovely table. I realize you didn't actually plant and fertilize this delightful meal... and don't forget your shipping and your distribution... then you've got your packaging and your advertising... then those f-cking sales taxes. Jesus Christ, those godd-mned clowns in Washington, always gouging the f-cking middle class, I swear I'll kill - I'll get me a gun and kill those motherfu-

B) Amen!

from the movie "I Married A Strange Person"

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 10-16-2000).]

Guest Der Unbekannte Jäger

How about...

-"Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

-"This I am today; that I will be tomorrow."

-"He who ignores history is doomed to repeat it."

-"A lie would have no sense unless the truth were felt as dangerous."

-"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool

forever"

-"A wise man hears one word and understands two."

-"Wisdom is child of pain, and born with many a tear."

-"Be resolute, fear no sacrifice and surmount every difficulty to win victory."

-"Who dares wins." <----Gotta love the SAS smile.gif

-"The strength to dare, the nerve to meet whatever threatens with defeat."

-"All gave some, some gave ALL"

I still like my signature though.

------------------

"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it."

"I don't think I'm alone when I say I'd like to see more and more planets fall under the ruthless domination of our solar system." - Jack Handey

"A good way to threaten somebody is to light a stick of dynamite. Then you call the guy and hold the burning fuse up to the phone. "Hear that?" you say. "That's

dynamite, baby." - Jack Handey

"Instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already have." - Jack Handey

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and

while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

and my favorite...

"If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey

biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gun damaged are rare on Shermans because they die like red shirts on Star Trek" - Slapdragon

"If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey"

YES!!!! that's the one I've been looking for!!!!! I also always loved the pumpkin/grenade one.

------------------

This space for rent.

Ok I'm taking one of the Jack handy ones. Funny stuff thanks Tanker. smile.gif

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and

while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vetch:

Sheesh...kids today!

Ok, people, listen up... This line was uttered by Valeria just before she, Subotai and Conan leaped from the top of Thulsa Doom's tower entrance to his snake temple after stealing some big honking jewels and killing his pet giant snake.

Not that I watched this film repeatedly when I was a young 'un or anything.... wink.gif

Vetch

[This message has been edited by Vetch (edited 10-16-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO,NO, NO

Come On, you apes! You wanta live forever?

-Unknown platoon sergeant, 1918

as taken from the chapter 1 title of Robert A. Heinlein's 1959 BOOK (not that crappy movie) Starship Troopers!!

[This message has been edited by Bombardier (edited 10-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

"If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward." - Jack Handey"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are under the unfortunate delusion that simply because you run away from danger, you have no courage. You're confusing courage with wisdom. - wizard of oz

------------------

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

finally, the official us version of "do you want to live forever?"

"Come on, you sons of bitches- do you want to live forever?" -Gunnery SGT Dan Daly to members of his platoon, WWI, in At Belleau Wood, p. 173

and here's where i got it: http://call.army.mil/call/spc_prod/ncotrng/combat.htm

------------------

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 10-17-2000).]

Guest barrold713

You've been getting a number of excellent suggestions credited to specific people...hope you like my earlier submissions.

But I was thinking of something more universally understood and ubiquitously expressed in the CM realm:

"Jeeesh!!!...What the hell was THAT?!?" - Every CM Player

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin