• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest barrold713

'My panzerfaust is bigger than your panzerfaust'

'I regret that I have but 24 hours per day to play CM'

'That's going to take a squirt of Bactine'

'That boy ain't right - Hank Hill'

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin

I got my first one from "The Dictionary of Military and Naval Quotations." It's probably out of print by now, my copy is 30 yrs old. My sig was "Nothing in war is certain except that one side won't win." Quite true.

Suggestions-

I eat, therefore I am. I command Shermans, therefore I will not be.

-Duct tape will fix it.

-[Nebelwerfer] means not having to say you're sorry.

- Political power comes out of the barrel of a gun. (Mao TseTung)

-"Damn it, do you want to live forever? Follow me!" (Can't remember who said it, I think some marine)

-Go fishing with someone who spends their time on the water writing songs, like I did.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

My vote comes from Spike Milligan's "'Rommel?' 'Gunner Who?'" (although I'm convinced it should be "Rommel: 'Gunner Who?'").

Eisenhower approached and spoke to, – I can't remember who, – but I recall him saying 'What kind of cannons are these?' (Cannons!? CANNONS!? That's like calling the H.M.S. Ark Royal a boat.) Eisenhower got back in the car, struck his head on the roof, said 'Oh F***' and left. – Spike Milligan

In case you're wondering, I'm keeping the short, snappy quotes for myself.

David

------------------

'...With mortar shells raining down everywhere, he said, "Come along, Padre".' When Egen showed reluctance, Tatham-Warter reassured him. 'Don't worry,' he said, 'I've got an umbrella.'

1 Sturmkompanie...581 points

1 Panzer IV G...122 points

1 Veteran Panther G...234 points

1 Regular M8 scout car routing the Sturmkomanie, Inflicting gun damage to the Panzer IV, and knocking out the Panther by hitting its weak spot...priceless

------------------

"Gun damaged are rare on Shermans because they die like red shirts on Star Trek" - Slapdragon

" we didn't lose the game, We just ran out of time"

Vince Lombardi

------------------

"NOW THE GENERAL WHO WINS A BATTLE MAKES MANY CALCULATIONS IN HIS TEMPLE ERE THE BATTLE IS FOUGHT. THE GENERAL WHO LOSES A BATTLE MAKES BUT FEW CALCULATIONS BEFOREHAND. THUS DO MANY CALCULATIONS LEAD TO VICTORY. AND FEW CALCULATIONS TO DEFEAT. HOW MUCH MORE NO CALCULATION AT ALL"

PEACOCKS PRINCIPLES OF WAR

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Supertanker:

I think the best sigs around here are the ones taken from posts to the board. Just keep your eye out for a good line.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like mine...courtesy of the maniac of the 'pool.

------------------

"I hope a bucket of nails falls on your head..."

Hamsters/Meeks(!)

"Damn it, do you want to live forever? Follow me!" -109 Gustav

wasn't that Conan the Barbarian's girlfriend who said that before she got shot by James Earl Jones's snake arrow?

everybody else -good ones so far. still haven't decided, though. I'm sure there's that one elusive sig out there that just says ME. Speaks to ME. Understands ME for who I am. Defines ME as a person and CMer. I won't rest until I find it. (or maybe I just need a woman.)

------------------

This space for rent.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jadayne:

....wasn't that Conan the Barbarian's girlfriend who said that before she got shot by James Earl Jones's snake arrow?......

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of Conan, there's this:

"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation

of their women!" -- Conan the Barbarian

--Randl

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Damn, I am indeed a loathsome cretin!! AArrggHH!!

For some reason, I thought you were changing your handle, hence the 1 word thingy....

Peng was right... the best sigs come from other people on the forum, and no-one will ever top mine.. biggrin.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks: SturmTiger!

Blah blah blah rarity, blah blah blah.

SturmTiger SturmTiger SturmTiger!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mannheim Tanker:

1 Sturmkompanie...581 points

1 Panzer IV G...122 points

1 Veteran Panther G...234 points

1 Regular M8 scout car routing the Sturmkomanie, Inflicting gun damage to the Panzer IV, and knocking out the Panther by hitting its weak spot...priceless

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, good one Mann-ster

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!