CCJ's Tweaked Textures V2.0

Yes Griffen most definietly smile.gif

Dang whats up with this Blue border!?/

ATTENTION! I need opinions on my unfinished Church! smile.gifhttp://www.geocities.com/coolcolj/CCJ_Church1.jpg

Does the arhictecture look Euro, and is it plausable? I just drew it from my head!

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! :P

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCJ, the tower looks pretty good if you are simulating german edifices. But I have some doubts about the base... What is sure is that the core and the tower can't go together. BTW I keep wondering why the tower is standing in the middle of the "church" ! confused.gif

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Magnus:

CCJ, the tower looks pretty good if you are simulating german edifices. But I have some doubts about the base... What is sure is that the core and the tower can't go together. BTW I keep wondering why the tower is standing in the middle of the "church" ! confused.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CCJ, the tower looks exaclty like the tower of the church in Bavaria where I lived. Very good, have also seen towers like that in Southwestern France. Only thing is, in a simple church like this it would be on the outside wall as a different structure. If the church's basic layout was in the form of a cross it would be where it is now. But it looks great. Only thing, those windows will be gone after turn 1...

------------------

Andreas

THanks for the responce guys! Hey I said it was unfinished smile.gif As far as the structure goes, I have no control over that! The polygons are fixed, all I can do this change the texture. Don't worry some of those windows will be broken when Its finished smile.gif

AFter getting some reference material from Desert Fox, I will change the look of the Church to that Normandy Romanik look I think. I mean I can't make it all authentic biggrin.gif Since this Church is a figment of my imagination, I will make lots of chnages to it now wink.gif

Thanks, hopefully this tetxure set will be done in 2 weeks time .

CCJ

Pic of new US infantry uniforms up!! Looks nice, err they finally have necks wink.gif

About 70% done wink.gif Do the proportions look ok to you guys?

new PzG coming soon - looks nice too! smile.gif

Hop to my CM photo Gallery

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! :P

I've added 4 new pics! Now don't tell me Panzer Elite looks better, or any other Wargame you can buy right now! biggrin.gif

Just check the pics out in my Cm Photo allery - dang they're nice, you guys will love playing with these textures - I just know it wink.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

New Rubble texture pic up! smile.gif

head to my site to check - has a nice 3d effect

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

All new 3D look flags!!!! These really enhance the look of CM! Head to my site and check the new pics in the CM photo gallery

And its got me thinking - CM2 would be cool with animated 3d look flags! And even cooler if the the flag changes colour, you get to see the current flag winched down, and the new one hoisted up! Now that's eye candy biggrin.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there, or grab a CM Wallpaper! :P

CCJ: This is your FIRST time modifying textures? Man - you have one hell of a gift. I work with Photoshop daily, and wouldn't have the patience to obtain that kind of detail. I know this post is already full of kudos, but let me add mine. You rock!

And I agree with your motives: I wish all game designers had this kind of open forum - it can oly help the end product tremendously.

Gaff

CCJ: This is your FIRST time modifying textures? Man - you have one hell of a gift. I work with Photoshop daily, and wouldn't have the patience to obtain that kind of detail. I know this post is already full of kudos, but let me add mine. You rock!

And I agree with your motives: I wish all game designers had this kind of open forum - it can oly help the end product tremendously.

Gaff

Thomm, I know my house has some pretty long beams, in the roof structure, supporting the tiles. But I can see that they would be a bit shorter than they are depicted in the texture smile.gif I'll change this, plus I think I'll add more debris to the rubble texture. But I wanna go finish the trees first and come back to this.

Gaffertape (now that's a very Aussie nick wink.gif) what do you do for a living with Photoshop? I've been using PhotoSHop for a month now. I must admit Photoshop really annoys me in some areas, I guess the Mac upbringing does that tongue.gif Previously I have been using Paint SHop Pro, and this is much easier and quicker to use.

Yes this is the first time I've done any textures. ANd I like doing it smile.gif Its got me thinking of a career change. A friend codes for Tantulus (makers of South Park Rally!)and a position for a 2d Texture artist/Story boarder has been made vacant - so I'll try and apply for it smile.gif All these CM textures will no doubt help flesh out my resume, and a few Quake skins wouldn't hurt. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I like getting into the fine details biggrin.gif

Your right regarding the "open forum" of graphics and other things. I mean the game player is the one that will be paying for the game and looking at the graphics at his expense, so its in the comapnies best interest to make the grahics look good to the target consumer. On the down side, you do lose some of the surprise element biggrin.gif

CCJ

I thought the flags were a bit unrealistic - I've redone and they look much much better! smile.gif

I have left one of the old ones, so you can compare - they new one looks real! wink.gif

head to my Cm photo gallery to check it out

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

Howdy lads!

I'm back! biggrin.gif I used to be 'Reverendo', but then the bulletin board got a new hairdo, and I started having trouble posting. I bet I'm a 'Junior Member' now...

Hey, CoolColJ, I don't want to trouble BTS, but I like your textures better than CombatMission's originals! Please remember us Mac users when your v2.0 texture set is out. I have worked as a computer artist, and I have to say the work you have done is pretty amazing! Keep it up, soldier!

smile.gif

------------------

--------------------------

"Only those who are insane have the strenght to survive. Only those who survive may judge who is sane"