CCJ's Tweaked Textures V2.0

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomm I must admit these new faces add a lot to CM, finally the infantry look just as good as the tanks -ya gotta see that "Das Reich" tiger with these new faces on the commnader and driver! smile.gif I'll get a shot up. I'll be doing some new uniforms too, much better than my Tweaked Unifoms you see in the above piccy.

Thomm what paint program do you use? I use mainly Paint SHop Pro v6.0 - I have access to a friends's Photoshop v5.5, but I feel PSP is much faster to work with, although Photoshop has the edge in image quality. It lacks that one thing I need the most (especially with CM) a directory thumbnail browse to choose which file to open! frown.gif

Hey nice Lara drawings - those Lara pencil drawings transfered beautifully onto the net, what scanner did you use? It has retained all the pencil qualities! Off course I have not seen the originals smile.gif I have a vast collection of pencil drawings I'd like to scan up and post on my site - just need to find a cheap but good scanner...any suggestions?

I know there are some people out there busting to get on these textures > smile.gif not till the whole lot is done wink.gif Damn I'm running a unique version of CM beta - and I love it - the images and sound - c'mon if those people out there say ear and eye candy doesn't matter, your fooling yourself! tongue.gif

CCJ

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 02-10-2000).]

Since you mention the tank crew: Is it not disturbing that the tankers do not have helmets which could throw shadow over their eyes ? I thought that this might be the reason why BTS did not paint shadows over the foreheads. Actually the original textures seem to be lit from below ...

A pic of a (unbuttoned !!) tank would definitely answer this question, by the way wink.gif !

Regards, Thomm

------------------

Some stuff at http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/simpson/870/

Here you go!

It looks cool since the tank dudes have peak on their cap biggrin.gif

Notice the mirrored tank numbers? Bummer tongue.gif One side of the tank is like that frown.gif

http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj/ccj_face2.jpg

all these pics are available thumbnailed at my site in the Cm Photo Album in the Cm goodies section (not the one on the mainpage)

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my music while your there! tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 02-10-2000).]

Dear CoolColJ !!!

Man, you have got some output smile.gif !!!!

The StuG provoked a honest " eek.gif FU.K ! eek.gif" full of amazement from me ! And it is quite rare that I use English four-letter words to describe my enthusiasm wink.gif.

I also noticed the roof shadows on the house, smile.gif ! Works out, doesn't it ?!

Keep 'em coming, keep 'em coming ..

Regards, Thomm

------------------

Some stuff at http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/simpson/870/

Guest Germanboy

CCJ and Colin, great additions to an already great game. Keep up the good work - keep it coming for the Mac smile.gif I had put the demo aside b/c I was winning all the time against the AI, but the tweaked features put a lot of fun back into it. PBEM anyone?

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CoolColJ:

German Boy - try out my SPR sound mod as well - it's worth the download! wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am actually more impressed by the effect 'ear candy' has as opposed to eye candy - I guess that is b/c it is more noticable. Really like your work.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

I am actually more impressed by the effect 'ear candy' has as opposed to eye candy - I guess that is b/c it is more noticable. Really like your work.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's becuase my tweaked Textures were just a tweak - wait till you see V2.0! biggrin.gif I should call Hacked Textures tongue.gif The difference is huge!! There is this computer rendered look about it smile.gif Believe me, when you see v2.0 - this will be the best looking wargame ever! Turn based or other wise! Seeing is believing wink.gif

It already sounds the best in opinion biggrin.gif

CCJ

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 02-11-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

CoolColJ, Have any idea when you'll be ready to release Version 2.0?

Also a "greyed version" of the 251 Halftrack would look good, instead of the light colored deal they have now.

Juvenile? They sure don't look that when I play smile.gif There is a 5 o'clock shadow wink.gif There are 2 faces - you may have seen the old version, I have a new version.

I am moding the half-track...watch this space biggrin.gif

I have no idea when I will be finished, still have to do the AMerican stuff, buildings, and new uniforms too biggrin.gif

ccj

WOW!

Check how real this Hellcat looks!? Its not finished yet...

http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj/CCJ_Hellcat1.jpg

This is the first texture I've done with Adobe PhotoShop since I bought it! WOW it makes my Paint Shop Pro Tiger and Stug look like toys! tongue.gif It looks scanned, but believe, its all hand drawn with the airbrush tool! I'm going to redo the Tiger and STug to match this! frown.gif

Besides that Tiger is an early model Tiger, with rubber wheels, pretty rare in 1944 biggrin.gif

CCJ

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 02-15-2000).]

Hell

your tweaked textures are really impressive. Great work! Seems like we are getting a really new visual impression with your mods.

Keep up the good work. I really appreciate it.

Helge

==============

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: desertfox1891@hotmail.com

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Capsule/2930/

------------------