Combat! (tv series webpage)

it's about uhhh...Combat! wink.gif It follows a squad during wwII from D-day on...it was on for 5 season I believe, back in the 60s. Vic Morrow was the 'sarg'.

------------------

"If they are waiting for me to make the first move then I'll trick them and make my second move first."

I used to watch "Combat" and then "The Rat Patrol" right after when I was a little kid.

Can't say too much about TRP, but "Combat" was pretty good, a lot better than some of the crap they call TV these days. I always liked Vic Morrow in whatever he did- I was very sad when I found out he had been killed on the Twilight Zone movie set some years ago.

Same here. I love watching "combat". Comes on here every thursday for an hour to an hour and a half in the afternoons on movieplex. As for "Rat Patrol", Man I loved that show as a kid! granted it isn't too realistic, But worth the price of admission just to see the jeeps jump the dunes.

Lorak

------------------

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/combatmissionclub

Lorak's FTX for CM

In the last episode I saw (about a week ago), app. a half-hour was spent watching a German patrol chasing after Saunders and his men through the (Ardennes?) forest. None of them ever even had to catch their breath! Even more unrealistic: the program suffered from the all-too-familiar "bad guys can't shoot straight while good guys never miss" syndrome.... Still, it's nice to see "old friends" after so many years....

It's back on the History Channel here in Canada. At least the Germans speak German in the series! The tanks are post WW2 and the Germans seem to use a lot of captured .50 cal HMGs but overall a great series.

In one show an American squad was pinned down & fired a smoke grenade into the German strongpoint to escape..something I still would like to be able to do in CM one day smile.gif

In it's original time Combat had competition in a program called THE GALLANT MEN, which was on another network...both were shakey on realism but entertaining for kids, of which I was one (tho aging) at the time. Everyone would watch these shows then act out the themes when next they played "war"...I recall many an arguement over who got to be SGT. SAUNDERS or CPL. CAGE, etc. (sigh! AH! The passage of time...!) wink.gif