This is for Lewis

Lewis,

Just been reading your views on the AI, and indeed remember many of your other postings.

1. There are some well educated people on this board. And I for one (slipping easily into Lewis mode here...) have a first class degree and PhD in computing. I know about AI, computational mathematics... The guys at BTS have done a good job, its a 40$ game.

2. I have written, for the US DoD, software that can determine real-world source locations by regression analysis of the IP traffic into a bulletin board such as this. In other words it can determine where you live/work or at least where you are when the posting is made. So either shut the **** up or I WILL pay you a visit.

Guest R Cunningham

....and I'm a crtified bad-ass who used to be in Seal Team Six and taught Marcinko all he knows and....

Anybody else think this is a little overboard?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R Cunningham:

Anybody else think this is a little overboard?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I hope that KIA belongs to the Church of Mr. Peng, the congregation of those who have foresaken the smile.giffrown.gifredface.gif

biggrin.gifwink.giftongue.gifcool.gifrolleyes.gifmad.gifeek.gif eek! confused.gif

and all their brethren. I sure hope so, otherwise Lewis might run him over with his AI controlled PZKW Planierraupe (SDKfz 123456 Ausf. B/27 (neu)) and that would be nasty. Because we all know how well the AI in that one works, compared to the one in CM.

Ps. Forgive me Mr.Peng, for I have sinned smile.gif

------------------

Andreas

Guest tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Username::

Well Im not shutting the F**k up so pay me a visit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh YES!

Wonderful Lewis smile.gif

Combative to the End!

ROTFL

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Madmatt

Actualy the #2 technolgy is VERY simple and any decent IP tracker such as Neotrace or Visual Trace RT can do this backward IP lookup BUT with a ISP like AOL you will only pinpoint the the first firewall tier and not the specific location of the party involved. For that trick you will need to get the hardware address of the modem that someone uses to connect to their ISP. For ADSL and Cable users this is simple, for dial-up accounts it takes a little more effort but is still within the realms of whats possible.

Now even if you can't pinpoint there EXACT location you will at least get the city of origin and then its not that hard to get someones name and do a little investigative work to get an address...

Now then, if the party in question EMAILS you then all this info is VERY easy to obtain as the various SMTP mail routers add IP specific tracking info to the header of the message (viewable in the source) and then you can have all sorts of fun with this information.

Of course this is all purely Hypothectical and I can't condone ANY such action against memebers of the BBS. In fact the very thought..sickens? Yes SICKENS me to no end... SHAME ON YOU ALL! BAD BAD Sycophants!!! mad.gif

Madmatt

p.s. Next week PING BOMBING and how to ruin someones life! wink.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

And if it's NOT on CMHQ then its just GOT to be on CMHQ-ANNEX...

CMHQ http://combathq.thegamers.net

CMHQ-Annex http://cmhq.tzo.com

Both now proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Just wanted to say I see no humor in someone threatening (even if it's only irritated hyperbole) to take action in "the real world," as in paying someone "a visit." And over opinions about a computer game???

Guest MantaRay

Ya KIA, it is not funny to suggest that you are going to go on a cyber-terrorism spree. You should say, "I am going to go and kick your ass you stupid C*nt!!!! Oh wait that has been done before. biggrin.gif

*Hey, why won't my message post. What is this message? "This IP address has been blocked from posting priviledges, please contact your system administrator, priest, congressman, your mommy, and Lewis for help with your problem"* smile.gif

Ray

Aw man not again

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Before becoming vitriolic in responses to the forum consider this.

There is a possibility that the person that you are flaming is a psychopath with a large cache of weapons who may have the technical ability to track you down and personally express his (or her) displeasure for your statements.

Don't consider the possibility that the other person may be a human being with feelings who may be hurt by what you have to say, think instead of the possibility that they may hunt you down and make you pay for your statements.

Peace on earth and goodwill to men,

-Lurker

Also, it is illegal to POST the information that you stole off of someone's computer, or, tracked down. Another guy, on another board, posted another guy's info (Phone number, etc.) that he got through hacking into his computer. The police made a visit.

Just beware your attempts at tracking down people through the internet. For one, it freaks people out, and secondly you could end up in jail.

PS. my PBEM files will be sent out soon, I cannot hang on the Internet too long, as, I have Job interview phone calls to wait for. So, I can't tie up the line. DAMN MAYBE THEY CALLED NOW!!!!!

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

What's Lewis done this time? Other than express his First Amendment rights? wink.gifrolleyes.gif

Well whatever it is, I'm with him. Come and get us, you son of a bitch! smile.gifbiggrin.gif Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah! tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

------------------

"Why don't we say that we took this one chance, and fought!"

"Stupid humans. Hahahahahahaha!"

--from the film Battlefield Earth

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-17-2000).]

Guest tom w

OK now we're all in deep trouble

LOOK!

its the Dynamic Duo

Lewis and OB&G's have teamed up!!!!

Now there's a pair of bright, articulate, well educated young professionals whose every thought and idea should be held in the highest regard.

Gotta love that Right to free speach, what a concept, great idea so some people can enjoy really annoying some other people...

This thread will now just get funnier

and funnier.

Where's that Mr. Peng when you need him?

LOL

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

Well whatever it is, I'm with him. Come and get us, you son of a bitch! tongue.gifbiggrin.gif Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah! tongue.giftongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And peace on earth to women too. Even if too few of them have the acumen to play war games. (I get a kick out of those game ads where they show some female model supposedly engaged in internet game playing, shouting to her cybercomrades: "Watch your six! You got company but he's gonna be dead meat!" Yeah, right.)

Guest Username:

KIA you like digging yourself in deep s**t dont you? I got a tetraplegic backing me up so bring some heat why dont you? (or is your Mom driving you here?)

[This message has been edited by Username: (edited 05-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

Lewis,

So either shut the **** up or I WILL pay you a visit.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think that we have failed to understand K.I.A.'s intent in this post.

Perhaps rather than a threat, he means that he intends to come over and visit. You know, bring over a six pack and a couple of steaks for the grill out back. Then Username and K.I.A. could sit down and have a nice face to face discussion regarding the various aspects of Combat Mission's AI. biggrin.gif

But seriously, any guess on how many posts this thread will make it to before it gets locked down?

-Lurker

Guest Username:

I think the intent is that I should "shut the F**k up or he will pay me a visit". That is, he will find out where I live, come to my residence, and MAKE me shut the F**k up. He never mentioned steaks (Sirloin please), beer (Molsen Ice be OK) or conversation.

I guess we will have to wait for the newly made member to explain himself.

Lewis

Gotta go with Max and others...This is not a good thing. Some royal pains make for excellent reading, some don't. Forum administration sets the rules and can handle the problems. Threats of "visits" is poor judgement no matter how "right" you are.

I wonder if everyone who stops by this thread can take a moment and let this sink in:

With the release of the Gold demo, and the news that the game is just around the corner, we have dozens of new fans arriving every day.

They show up to have a look around, to gain that very important first impression of what this game and this community is all about, and they see threads like this.

Think about it.

[This message has been edited by Black Sabot (edited 05-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Black Sabot (edited 05-17-2000).]