<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Griffin,

I am in the hospital right now, so it may be more fair to you if I forefit,

as it is quite serious.

Steve

--

Steve Jackson

College of Journalism and Mass Communication

University of South Carolina<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anybody knows what is happening here? (Panic mode ON)

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Madmatt

I hope everything turns out okay!

I emailed his home account in the off chance that he may get it.

I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Madmatt

He is in for some frontal lobe readjustments and they are trying to do something about his evil sinister looks.

Or maybe he matched wits with me and went quite mad in the process. Others have also.

Maybe you are beating him and he doesnt know how to lose gracefully. I , of course, crushed you Griffin and a more miserable crushing could not be sustained by anyone I know. He might know this and by losing to you feels that all is hopeless and wastes away in a hospital bed.

(sniff)

GET WELL YOU WEIRDO!!!!!

Lewis

PS Maybe "Guy" the inflamed vet beat his ass in a flashback rage.

Guest Madmatt

I just heard back from a staff member at Steve's University.

They wanted me to say that Steve may be some time returning to his responsibilities, but that at this point it seems like he will make a full recovery.

Steve suffered a series of epileptic seizures, but aside from a fractured skull and spine, and some limited brain damage (mostly memory loss) he should make a full recovery.

I was not aware but Steve suffers from Grand Mal Epilepsy and apprently this was all brought on by a change in his medication.

I am not sure who at the University is covering his email but they assured me that disclosing these details was OK and they were confident that the situation is looking up.

If I hear anything else I will let the forum know.

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-11-2000).]

Matt,

A bunch of medical terms here...are they very serious? I hope Steve (the other one that is) is recovering soon.

Lewis, the game has just gone 3 turns and we had barely exchanged a few shots. Nothing conclusive yet.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

I'm starting a "Get Well Soon" page for Steve, if someone could print it off and give it to him that would be great.

Send your emails to me and I'll compile them to send to him.

Well I sincerely hope 'slappy' makes a full recovery and that any memory loss he suffers regards that he ever came across such an inane individual so deficient in redeeming features as Lewis.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>He is in for some frontal lobe readjustments and they are trying to do something about his evil sinister looks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, unlike yourself some people still have theirs. I would think evil sinister looks would be those you receive most regularly.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Or maybe he matched wits with me and went quite mad in the process.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>This is quite a stretch since it presupposes you actually possess any. Though I must say I am convinced you are a form of one.

------------------

"Fatso-the battlers' prince"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

I am not sure who at the University is covering his email but they assured me that disclosing these details was OK and they were confident that the situation is looking up.

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-11-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its more than likely that it is indeed "Guy", the vet friend, who is "washing" the email. Maybe he will go to the hospital and send my regards to Steve. I hope he doesnt start a fire in the hospital by playing with sterno.

Lewis

Hello gang,

I recieved litterally 200 e-mails of sympathy to my home and work accounts, it was extremely touching. While it takes quite some time to recover from these episodes, I have started. I will be lurking for a while, and unfortunately my PBEM games will fall by the wayside for at least a month, maybe more, but you have not left my heart.

Thank you all very much.

Steve Jackson

I just got an email back from him. He says the CM is part of his rehab for the memory loss. How bout that everyone at BTS...saying lives.

I told him I wanted to play him a game before he got too much of the memory back.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

All the best Slapdragon (Steve).

First time I've actually been concerned with someone I *didn't* even know smile.gif I hope you get well soon.

- Your Friend Adam

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

Indeed, the worst thing about this is not the spine fracture, but the memory loss. CM was recent enough that it was lost with it -- although I have been doing WWII oral history for some years. Relearning CM is part of the assigned rehab for me!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are reassimilated. Let the healing begin.

------------------

Resistance is Futile

Steve,

Can you remember anything about CM? Or did one of your asscociates just hand you the game and say "You love this game" and you kind of went, "Oh?" ?

smile.gif

Must be cool getting CM for the first time all over again.

If I were one of your students, I would give you a barbie doll color-forms kit and tell you that you "lived for it". I would get you on the road to well ness fast!

I would find a barbie doll forum, setup an account under your name and fill it up with long-winded doll observations and show it to you. You would be convinced it was all real. You would start doing a thesis on Ken and his relationship with "Guy" the vet.

I would then write a screen play about the whole thing and sell it to the Hollywood scum.

I would be a God!

Lewis