On the subject of enlightening my woman

My wife always asks, "Are you going to go play your game now?" Notice "your game". That's right, there is no other. smile.gif CM forever baby!

------------------

"Liberty or Death?" Make it "Victory or Pretty Damned Badly Wounded", and I'm yours. - a prospective recruit during the American Revolution.

My wife has finally accepted that computer gaming is my vice. But it has become clear to her that CM is highly addicting. The only one that she remembers as addicting was the original Civ by Sid Meir. However, now my five-year old son is into it and she is really out numbered.

Typical dinner conversation:

ben: Dad can a Stug destroy a Sherman Jumbo?

Dad: Well it depends, it certainly take it out from the side or rear.

Wife: No more combat mission talk at the dinner table!

"Are you almost done? Do you realize you've been playing that game for 4 hours today?"

"Is that it? Hmmm, I thought it was longer. Do you need something?"

"Well I'm going to bed, are you coming up?"

"Oh ya, I was just shutting down, be there in a minute."

"Uh-huh." Leaves

2 Hours Later:

"Shoot, I'm gonna be in trouble..."

Lather, Rinse, Repeat

------------------

"Nuts!"

Guest *Captain Foobar*

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>"Are you almost done? Do you realize you've been playing that game for 4 hours today?"

"Is that it? Hmmm, I thought it was longer. Do you need something?"

"Well I'm going to bed, are you coming up?"

"Oh ya, I was just shutting down, be there in a minute."

"Uh-huh." Leaves

2 Hours Later:

"Shoot, I'm gonna be in trouble..."

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH MY GOD!!! I have had that exchange VERBATIM!!!! At breakfast the next day, she asks casually...

"So, uh what time did you come to bed last night?"

And she has this smirk like she already knows, but wants to see if I'll fudge the numbers... Do I tell her I came tip-toeing in at 4 am?.. Maybe she thinks it was only 2am...What to do....

So I usually dont want to go down that road...I dodge the question with something like.. "Oh, I didnt play for too long, do you want me to take you shopping today?"

It works...try it guys, and if you have any tips for me, please pass them on...

A man looks up from screen with red-rimmed eyes. The after images of Panthers and Shermans are burned into his retinas like the Windows logo on a cheap monitor. His ears still ring from the sound of countless artillery barrages. Appearing confused he says aloud to no one: "Women? There are women at the front lines? Where? When? I haven't seen any. Perhaps they are in the next village. Let's go see. Come on Men! Move! Move! Move!"

And then he starts another QB.

I have a few to add to the list.

Combat Mission has an end user agreement explaining all the legalities involved in the relationship.

Combat Mission comes with a comprehensive manual explaining how it works.

Combat mission is fairly bug free. LOL! I don't mean that in the way some of you are going to take it!

In Combat Mission you understand why you are fighting.

Combat Mission doesn't crash every twenty eight days.

Combat Mission doesn't bring up past battles

while your in the midst of a new battle.

Combat Mission doesn't leave you shell shocked.

We are brothers in arms fellas. I tip my helmet to all you war weary veterans smile.gif

Mord

Yes! I am not alone! I hear, "You never go to sleep at the same time as me anymore,"

Way, way too often.

She is beginning to spread vile rumors about me to her friends concerning my, "computer addiction".

It could be worse though. Before I became a born again CMer I was playing a ton of Ground Control. GC is a blast, but like many games nowadays the main characters voice is a woman's. My girlfriend would always give me trouble over this femme voice coming from my computer room while I was playing. Now there is no mistaking the fact that I am deep into the machismo side of gaming when she hears, "Go, go, go, go!!!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sensible Toad:

My girlfriend would always give me trouble over this femme voice coming from my computer...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To get yourself in really deep:

1. Poach about six hours of dialog from Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan), the robo-babe, former Borg on Star Trek Voyager.

2. Construct your own wave files out of pieces of her dialog.

3. Install a voice recognition command/response system on your PC using you-guessed-who for the computer voice.

4. Consult your friendly neighborhood divorce lawyer...

I always find the catering to their maternal needs works.

"Honey, I just can't sleep. It may be my stomach. I'm going downstairs to watch TV or something."

"Your not going to play that game all night, are you?"

"What game? Oh, yea, the e-mail one. Actually that might not be a bad idea. It's kind of boring, and it might help me relax enough to go to bed."

"Just don't stay up all night."

5 a.m.

"Are you still down here?"

Me, with potato chips strewn about, a tall Coke with water on the top layer where all the ice melted, sweat beads on my brow.

"Is it that late! Wow, I feel much better now however. Let's go to bed (surreptitiously saving your turn as you speak)." And God forbid don't complain about being tired the next day. You know what kind of reaction you'll get then.