This will take your breath away.

Guest Pillar

Amazing what a little work on the sky bitmaps can do for you.

And yes, this does "wrap around" properly -- no seams.

I'll be releasing a nice hi-res sky sooner or later.

Anyone interested? wink.gif

Yes, the lensflare alone is the only "extra" in this photo.

I only wish we could implement that one smile.gif

The sun however can be implemented into the sky.

[This message has been edited by Pillar (edited 09-06-2000).]

I love the way the Tank Commander is looking off into the distance.

When I look at this picture, I think of a young man enjoying perhaps his last sunny day before the enemy arrives.

Perhaps he is contemplating his death? Or wondering about a loved one? I can almost see tears running down his cheeks as he looks off into the beautiful sky.

Pillar,

"When I look at this picture, I think of a young man enjoying perhaps his last sunny day before the enemy arrives. Perhaps he is contemplating his death? Or wondering about a loved one?"

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who views war this way. Playing CM is by default a rather sterile realm for such thoughts - more suited to tactics than philosophy. But your picture and words show how that limit can be exceeded. Thank you.

Wendell

Wendell,

I'm glad you an appreciate my thoughts. Thank you for your acknowledgement.

It's quite an interesting picture. Aestheticly beautiful, but when you think about the underlying nature of the machinery in question one comes to a quite hollow contradiction.

- Pillar

I too was blown away by the sky but didn't notice the work on the stone walls until someone mentioned it. Very nice! Was that something you added too or is my Voodoo card just not displaying those walls in the correct resolution?

If you did add the wall textures, you must put those in a mod package too. They are a BIG improvement.

I don't remember modding the walls, although I've played around with quite a bit of the CM textures.

I think you're probably just seeing it in a higher res or something. Keep in mind as well that I've downloaded some mods off madmatts site, so they could be someone elses work as well.

In any case, I'll package them with the sky release.

For those of you just joining us, please feel obligated to add your "wow" or "that's great" post below.

Guest Madmatt

The Stone Wall is a mod of Richard Tremblett's and is already available on CMHQ.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Erm, Pillar, are we gonna look at four suns, or did you find a way to make it possible to see only one after all?

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.