Marder II mod

Excellent Tiger Thanks!! It seems that alot of the modding has slowed to a near trickle this is a nice suprise, and a less popular vehicle/armor to boot. Great job.

Mord

[This message has been edited by Mord (edited 12-12-2000).]

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Not too bad! Is it Hi-res or Lo-res? I can't quite tell...

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Tiger...

1) I think you are very good at these mods. I really do.

2) but... Again with the grey? c'mon... I KNOW you know that desert yellow was the base colour of German AFVs after 1943.

I've talked about your mods with others and no one wants to criticize because your work is so good. So I've volunteered to do the dirty work. Keep up the good work, but keep it historical man!

------------------

Scarred on a hundred fields before

Naked and starved and travel-sore

Each man a tiger hunted;

They stood at bay as brave as Huns

The last of the Old South's splendid sons

Flanked by ten thousand shotted guns

And by ten thousand fronted

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Im inclined to agree with babra there Tiger... sorry but the gray thing is getting old and isnt all that realistic...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as realistic I can show you end-of-war color pictures of captured German tanks/armored vehicles that are NOT dunkle/brown. These vehicles are still in their original colors they were painted in so I do not believe it is unrealistic.

And how is this "getting old"? I think this is the second mod I've done that is grayish. The other one was my halftrack mods where the 250 series was somewhat grayish but with many streaks of yellow-brown. Every one of my mods has been dunkel-yellow or brown lately.

Thanks for reminding me why I stopped modding though smile.gif

-john

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Forever Babra:

Tiger...

2) but... Again with the grey? c'mon... I KNOW you know that desert yellow was the base colour of German AFVs after 1943.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many Marders were still around after 1943?

And also..... Why would you want to be critical of someone who is providing a great deal of after market support for the community? The vast majority of the MOD's in my BMP files come from Tiger and the game is much, much better because of them.

Tiger,

I hope you won't let guys like this get you down.

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)

Thank you Tiger very much. (I requested Tiger do a Marder II mod as a gift after he stomped me in the Blitz tourney).

Now, as for the paint. The Germans made use of grey or whatever else they had towards the end of the war and in short supply of everything, including paint and the chemicals used to make paint. In addition, vehicles were thrown into the line in whatever condition they existed. There was no time to ensure everything had a nice paint job. Grey coats were plentiful right to the end.

As for statements as to "this is getting old", how can something that takes place once or twice be old? If it is old in your opinion, then place the "IMO" infront of your statement, because your thoughts may not be shared by everyone else. (Shocker!)

Frankly, we owe Tiger, and all the others doing mods a great deal of gratitude for giving us, quite for "free", their time and efforts. Thanks again Tiger, you da man!

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

Well im sorry for the getting old comment but i have a distinct memory of you making more than the halftracks in this colour...

I did not know that the colour is indeed realistic so yet again i have to apologise.

sorry dude... didnt mean to hassle you like that... but i just had a notion of you having made more vehicles in these colours...

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.

Nah, dun nobody need feel bad. This is a community, and just like the army, (at least when I was in), every dog face has a devine right to complaign, bitch, gripe, whine, suggest, offer bright ideas, be synical, desensitized, and otherwise a pain in the butt, because opening one's mouth in the army is an open invitation for a deluge of opinions from your fellow soldiers. For crying out loud though, "never" volunteer, and when the Corporal is looking for someone to do something, stand still, do not make eye contact, and mentally dissappear. It's your best defense. smile.gif

Otherwise, it just wouldn't be the army.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

I use a lot of your gray weathered mods, Tiger. Your Mark IV, Panther A, and Shermans look great. They also appear authentic from the pictures in several tank books I have.

Too much camo starts to look tacky on the battlefield. Kind of like zoot suits for tanks.

Keep up the good work. Thanks.

------------------

Only the Lawyer knows what Evil lurks in the minds of men....