CM Outpost Update, New Pages, mods, fixes --->

kump

Updates to my site...

1) Marco Bergman has updated the British Camouflaged Firefly/Sherman IIa to version 1.1 and has supplied a fix for those who want to patch version 1.0 so they don't have to wait for a long download.

2) A new author mod section with a set of comparison pages for Fernando J. Carrera Buil. You know him, you've got some of his mods. Comparisons and descriptions for the exceptional mods he has done.

3) DesertFox subdued grass, wheat, and hedge mods described and compared.

4) Old Dog subdued velvet grass mod with transparent tree base mod described and compared.

You can find it at the page of interest...

Marco's Camo Firefly Fix

Fernando's Unit Mod Author Page

Miscellaneous Terrain Mods (DesertFox and Old Dog subdued mods)

Regards,

http://gkump.com/cm/Terrain/Misc/od_grass.htm

has two images missing frown.gif

[edit: hey, the url underlined and linked automatically! convenient]

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

[This message has been edited by russellmz (edited 11-19-2000).]

Kump I've been reading what you say about the subdued velvet grass on your site, about how it is too 'busy' and blocky up close...I absolutely agree. The reason is that even in Hi-res its only 256x256, whereas Gunslinger is 512x512 so has finer detail. What I suggest you do is convert the 256x256 into 512x512 by replicating the original 256x256 3 more times to fill out the other three-quarters of the 512x512. Then put it into Photoshop or Fireworks and run a blur filter over it to reduce any further 'graininess'. I did this and even at level 1 it looks smooooooth cool.gif

I could email it to you to take a look at but its about 10 megs?

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

Kump... Send me one of the small bmps for somthing: Mabye I can work it out....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Guest Rex_Bellator

Great work again Garry, your site is fast becoming the best CM site around & I hope you don't get to the stage of being overwhelmed with all the work. Keep enjoying it!

Can I just add one more wish to the subdued crowds wish list. Do you think it would be possible for the horizon graphic which displays around the battlefield to be toned down? In particular the acres of plain lurid green grass which extend from the battlefield itself to the vertical horizon graphic. This would look very cool.gif indeed if it could be done!

------------------

We're not here to take it - we're here to give it.

Can't get Desert Fox's grass to download. Even the mirror just sits there. I got the hedges, and wanted to try the grass. It looks close to Old Dogs, anyone compared those two yet. I currently use Old Dogs.

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

LuckyStrike,

Sent you e-mail on alternate place you can send.

Rex_Bellator,

The current one I have is from Gunslinger, the other's are still trying to figure out how to do it. If you got the bright green to horizon, recommend you install Gunslinger mod, then the other grass mods on top of Gunslinger. That will tone the horizon thing down.

PawBroon,

I'll get this off to Marco and find out what is going on.

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

PawBroon,

Obviously my readme is clearer to me than to anyone else smile.gif

You will end up with 2 UK icons. The one called "UK CAMO" swaps in the camouflaged textures. The one called "UK" swaps in the uncamouflaged textures from the original Firefly pack.

So, when you install the option pack you have to make a NEW icon & batch, using the batch called UK_CAMO_textures.bat.

Now I must apologise, because I included the wrong icon. redface.gif I will update the readme file to be more explicit, and send that and the correct icon to Mr Kump to insert into the files. Pawbroon, I'll email them to you directly. Anyone else who is having a problem with this, email me direct at lamnei@xtra.co.nz

Kump, hi,

Congratulations on a great and ever improving site, I visit it often.

My I take the opportunity to ask you a question, which shows my ignorance of computers, but I hope you will be able to help.

I have downloaded and installed your very realistic sky mod, however CM refuses to use your mods but is using the other smaller sky files.

For example your summer overcast sky file, 1401, is 762KB and is the one I want to use. But whenever I set things up for a summer overcast sky CM seems to be using the smaller 192KB file, 1431.

What have I done wrong?

Sorry to take your time up but this seemed the correct place to ask.

All the best,

Kip.

Kip, and those also having this issue.

I only changed the "large size for large memory vid card" bmp's, not the other set. I've found out from others that using the large size skies does not impact your game, so its safe to remove the lower sized BMP's and rename the larger sized ones to force CM to load them. Give it a shot. You can always use the CD to get the old sky back.

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rex_Bellator:

Great work again Garry, your site is fast becoming the best CM site around & I hope you don't get to the stage of being overwhelmed with all the work. Keep enjoying it!

Can I just add one more wish to the subdued crowds wish list. Do you think it would be possible for the horizon graphic which displays around the battlefield to be toned down? In particular the acres of plain lurid green grass which extend from the battlefield itself to the vertical horizon graphic. This would look very cool.gif indeed if it could be done!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That area you speak of is hard-coded into the game engine.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Can't get Desert Fox's grass to download. Even the mirror just sits there<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bruno,

Try the NBCI links instead of the Geocities servers. Geocities is sooooo sloooow wink.gif

They all work though, I just rechecked them from work. Have some patience with the servers.

Cheers

Helge

------------------

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: TheDesertFox@gmx.net

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/desertfox1891