Taking bets on when the Peng Thread hits 2000!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hundminen:

What is "Ballocks" anyway?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The locks of Bal, an ancient middle eastern God.

Joe, as long as I win against you, I don't need to win this contest. I can always go to see Greg and beat him up, so that I get a prize too.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>

…I can always go to see Greg and beat him up, so that I get a prize too.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

damn I forgot you know where I live... I would also be intersted who wins but somebody else can do that thread. But not to worry Andreas I'll stock up on Lockstaedter just incase. biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

The locks of Bal, an ancient middle eastern God.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may be some kind of mythologist, but you clearly napped through etymology.

Ballocks refers to the gonads of Loki, an ancient northern European god, who had to leave them in the mouth of the wolf-god for as long as he wished to... oops, wrong thread. This should be going toward the 2000!

This contest officialy closes 08 Sept. 2000. So last chance to give a "ejukayted" guess, plus its a nice fun contest to calm down after this last "chaos weekend" with you know who over you know what (I'm not mentioning names cuz I want to forget it even happened here on this great message board). smile.gif

-----

"Absurdity, n. : A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion"

- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

September 21st 2000. 15:07:33 EXACTLY. My guess is that the poster will not be a cup-of-tea or a gerbil or even a beergarden. They all take way too much time to compose their posts and likely if they started the post at #1997 or so they will finish it around #2100.

BTW, be careful someone doesn't start an alter ego just so they can flood the board with posts...

------------------

A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.

George S. Patton

Ok today is offically the last day for a guess and chance to win! =) Im so happy the forum cooled off. *happy dance*

-------

Admiration, n, : Our polite recognition of another's resemblance to ourselves."

-Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"

• 2 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Bastard! Missed it by a bee's dick! I hope, Joe, that you are very happy with your

gold plated dog turd......<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm not sure about this ... are you calling me a bastard? If so I deny it and can prove it. That's if you're using the term in the traditional sense. If you're using it in the informal sense then I admit I haven't always been the nicest of guys but I do try. If you're calling me a dick in general, see the above. If you're calling me a bee's dick ... I don't know where to go with that one. And finally if you're calling me a turd, see the above but then you go and make it a Gold Plated turd ... I'M SO CONFUSED!

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I'm not sure about this ... are you calling me a bastard? If so I deny it and can prove it. That's if you're using the term in the traditional sense. If you're using it in the informal sense then I admit I haven't always been the nicest of guys but I do try. If you're calling me a dick in general, see the above. If you're calling me a bee's dick ... I don't know where to go with that one. And finally if you're calling me a turd, see the above but then you go and make it a Gold Plated turd ... I'M SO CONFUSED!

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the Aussie - American translation:

Stuka was bemoaning the fact that he missed the 2000th post. The expression "Bee's dick" refers to the margin he missed by.

Micrometer required.

Bastard is a term used widely. Means nothing, seemt to upset furriners. Septics esp.

Seeya!

Why thank you PD, I couldn't have said it better myself.

No offence to joe shaw intended, I was, as stated by my learned compatriot, verbally berating myself for missing the "golden nugget" prize by a margin no bigger than a gnat's nasty....

And as explanations appear to be in order and before anyone asks, a septic is a local colloquilism for septic tank, septic tank = yank, get it? hohoho biggrin.gif

congrads to Joe! he must be happy he's getting a gold plated Turd... sorry Andreas o chap no luck but good thing you didn't win cuz you would for sure hunt me down with a big stick for such a prize that Joe won if and when you visit me here in Hannover. hehe biggrin.gif

Stuka I can send you that Bee's Dick if you want gold plated for runners up, but I rather send you that PBEM where your troops are sweating it out and diging thier graves..muhahaha!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>No offence to joe shaw intended<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hehehe, none taken Stuka, I was deliberately taking your post "wrong" and messing with it. But as I stated in my "guess", the important thing is that Andreas DIDN'T win ... Justice Has Been Served!

Joe