10 stugs, 3 tigers, 2-88,17 shermans 3 hellcats - the scenario we can play with demo

BEing as Steve has already personally stated that making ascenario is a very fast process I dont think time is a big issue here. Steve has also stated on another thread that they have a lot more work to do on thefull version, so you may want to reconsider your position ssince it looks like it will be some time before we get the game

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

Making a scenario is a very quick process BUT making a scenario which fits within all the constraints of the beta demo executable seemingly is NOT a quick task.

I asked about this when I was thinking about a xmas present scenario but the amount of work involved just scared me off...

IOW, much bigger deal than you think given the beta demo executable only has certain terrain tiles, certain vehicles etc etc.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

We are not releasing any more scenarios for the existing demo. Making maps is a VERY time consuming process because if I use even ONE object that the demo doesn't know about a crash out. Making Chance Encounter was a PAIN in the BUTT.

The other big reason is that the Beta Demo is very old now. We rather not spend even a day doing anything for it, and that is the minimum time requirement for me to make a new scenario. I can not just slap something together and then let thousands of people download it. It needs to be extensively tested and tweaked. Plus, the volume of posts that would follow the release of a new scenario would also be a drag on the release.

Nope, it is time you people remember that the Beta Demo is just that. You were only supposed to get about 20 hours of play time out of it. Each hour you have reveived after that is a bonus, and by the looks of it most of you have already milked many times that smile.gif

Steve

P.S. I find armor heavy scenarios boring smile.gif

Guest Mikeman

Steve,

Did you ever think the excitement over this game would get to this point. Think back to last Christmas. Would you have believed it if someone had said to you, "There will be 20,000+ posts on the CM forum by Y2K."?

Mikeman out.

You oughta try my Elsdorf scenario, Steve! Tanks only. I made two versions, one with armor-infantry, and one for tanks only, just to see how it would do.

US Side

6 M-26 Pershings

3 M4A3 Shermans

German Side

5 Tigers

1 King Tiger

3 PzIVJ

2 Stug III

It wasn't boring. I don't know if it will make the final list, but it sure ain't boring! (G)

Did I say too much (G)?...

------------------

Wild Bill

Wild Bill's Raiders

Director of Scenario Design,

The Gamers Net

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... sorry Bill, just an overstatement to make a point smile.gif I am looking forward to that one for sure. Armor heavy scearios every once and a while are indeed a bunch of fun. But I'd rather have my daily bread and butter be a mixed force, heavy on the infantry and light on the vehicles.

Steve

• 1 year later...

Actually, playing with infantry alone can be kind of fun. In a QB today, I was given something like 10(!) .30 and .50 cal MGs, a couple of mortars and three (count 'em) squads of airborne. Went up against a combined-arms defender on fairly open ground. Ended up with a major victory but it was a struggle. I'm growing to like infantry!

------------------

"Arms are my ornaments, warfare my repose." - Don Quixote

Who would be attacker and defender?

What type of Sherman, 76mm or 75mm?

If 76 Shermans, HVAP available?

2 88's suggests Germans on defense,and 10 StuG III might take a big bite out of 17 Shermans unless terrain reduced line of sight of StuG's.

We're interested in your scenario and would like more details.

Thank you.