Peng, I Am Still Taking Our Bloody Challenge Public

Lorak, wake up lad, battle results coming in.....

For immediate distribution........

Unload those brie futures as "The Frenchie" aka Pawbroom has tasted the steely bitter taste of defeat. Legal scholars and students of this sort of thing were amazed and perplexed that the pinstriped hoards managed a minor victory (50-40) over Monsieur's PawBrooms troops. However in typical Gallic style they broke out the bottles and headed back into town to check out the sights. They apparentlly have alot of practice in this sort of thing.

------------------

Official 3000th poster to the original Peng thread and present at it's demise

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

1st defeat since August....Just lost to Peng......I am humbled

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1st defeat by Peng... I am Cheeze.. not the typical store cheeze I like to think of my self of more a aged but slightly fuzzy Gouda.

-----------

Der Kessel Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Guest Germanboy

Well despite Brainlesshead's claims, the real reason ye'all did not get any friggin turns is that I loathe you all. So there. And I had to watch the most bungling and inept attack last night by Peter_Sheepshagger's Frenchies, against a defense that consisted of 'Uh, lets all get nice and cosy over on that hill' bunched up Gerbiljaegers who then died a lot from VT arty fire. I can not remember what the outcome was because it made me cry to watch such rotten play by Kumbaya (who not doubt, being a M.A. of excuses will come up with one) and Peter_Sheepmangler.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 10-24-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

Lorak - you may be the loathed, but you are the only one I don't loathe around here. And sometimes Grego, but we won't mention that, otherwise he will get too full of himself and start rambling again. Thanks for putting all the stuff on the website. I shall go lightly on your men once I am finished marching through your non-existent defenses.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a > Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

It saddens me to see so many vapid lies spread about one so honest, easy going and pleasant as I. Yet, JD Morse, apparently my sponsor, refuses to release the truth about his mangy lot and their inveitable defeat.

Whilst he niggles over the victory locations, and may even be correct, he can't see the forrest for the trees. One victory location he was so proud of -almost- holding I recaptured with half of a squad of riflemen.

Fact is I definately own 2 of the 4, of the remaining two, one is a little flag a fair distance away, the other one should return to my control shortly.

His little flanking move is amusing, yet I hope he has more than that remaining halftrack and lynx with a squad or two or it's going to be a short battle.

Come on JD, you do have some more troops somewhere don't you? Please say yes or the rest of this fight is going to be slow!

Herr Oberst

I see he's still chortling from his lucky break on those panthers. Alright, no more mr nice guy!

Elvis

I don't report on that game because it's.. well.. it's bloody dull (Sherbrook Fusiliers)! I stopped giving orders some 3 turns ago and now just watch as all the various units fire at each other and slowly one by one die. Please, kill all my stuff quicker so we can get this one over and done with.

Chupacabra

Well an allied tactical victory at the pub is good enough for me! The hordes of frenchies (all green) on the assault overcame the conscript germans defending what seemed to be the Swiss Alps, (nice one andreas). I could say the 105 VT played a decisive role in the battle but I think it was more my tactical genius.

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

I could say the 105 VT played a decisive role in the battle but I think it was more my tactical genius.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You should say that, and it was not. I still chuckle at your brilliant move that resulted in a couple of squads and two ACs becoming victims of friendly fire.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a > Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

mensch,

It is most certainly not the first time I have lost to Peng. He had a long string of games beating me up. It's my first loss to ANYONE in a while. I have felt the shame of losing to Peng many times. But they tell me shame builds character...something I am still waiting for.

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bullethead:

Finally, Speedy, who seemed so eager to race me. I lacked time last night to do a proper setup, so I just sent him the whole scenario with instructions to set it up and send me a turn. Today, I get nothing from him. Is he also suffering from Gerbiltoy Syndrome?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look to your mailbox sir.

After 5 weeks of bliss, I have just returned to slavery. I didn't turn on my computer last night or this morning, hence the delay.

Now that I have looked at the map, I must ask are life jackets and motion sickness pills supplied?

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elvis:

…But they tell me shame builds character...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya character for all the lads around you, laughing it up and poking us with pointy ended marsupials. I personaly use possums.. lots of pointy ends on that thing... rip'er arm off they will.

-------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdmorse:

"The Frenchie" aka Pawbroom has tasted the steely bitter taste of defeat.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seeing as it is the Cesspool I expected nothing from you considering the result of the particular game of ours.

50 to 40 after a last minute quick dash to my flag is a bit much but I must say the game was VERY entertaining all along.

So I bow to your "Draw like" victory, Croda-ish gameyness notwithstanding...

biggrin.gif

------------------

Goaty to YK2: I can teach your ass that yes, it can be spanked so hard...

PawBroon to Goaty: I do not take subcontractors!

Exactly why it is that the edge of the map is considered "gamey" is beyond me. Sounds to me like you fully expect to be trounced, and thus are making excuses well in advance of your pending topplement. I shall filet your dead and serve them over pilaf to your POWs.

------------------

"Nuts!"

First off, let just say that you are all a useless bunch of bastards and I really hate you.

Now then, then now, with all pleasantries out of the way I will address some of you gits in person:

Boringhead: Considering the file was from me and considering the nasty things my computer tends to do when I'm not looking, it comes as no surprise that the file was corrupted.

What did you expect?

I might bother with sending you a new one tonight.

Moriarty: Quit playing possum, I know you aren't really all that dead. Yet.

In my own personal view of this overrated thing called reality you owe me a file.

Dr CallmeAl: What are you doing? Send me the fragging file.

Sheepshagger: Just keep doing whatever it is you are doing. I'm sure your plan is a good one. Dead sure.

Hakko Ichiu: I like you. Make of that what you will.

Gerbilbaby: Have we gotten the mother-beatiful mapofdeath and are you ready to die again?

"Once more on to the brick wall, dear subordinates"

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Honey Bunny:

Exactly why it is that the edge of the map is considered "gamey" is beyond me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honey for God's sake, it's the Cesspool, don't go on explaining or even excusing each and every action you did after a mild taunting.

Be assured that I am far more taken aback by the sheer emptiness of your postings than by the lack of tactical genius you're showing here and there...

biggrin.gif

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

Be assured that I am far more taken aback by the sheer emptiness of your postings than by the lack of tactical genius you're showing here and there...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PawBroon, considering the ferocity and steadfast devotion to duty with which my vaunted Hamstertrupen are systematically spilling the blood of each and every one of your Free French, you would be better served to shout from the peak of Mont Blanc: "Mon Dieu! Cet homme Croda est incroyable! Je n'ai pas vu un general si formidable! Je mange mon chapeau et une bicylette a la plange!" At least that way, you'd have a good excuse for your total loss. However, as it stands now, crying gamey is only making you look worse in the eyes of your largest detractors, the 'Pool.

I shall beat you

I shall beat you soundly

I shall beat you soundly about the head with a decaying, rabid, zombie, Hedge Hog!

------------------

"Nuts!"

A man of my heart at least...

Honey, not only the mere dripping of my blood couldn't be called a spilling by any sane and neutral observer, not only am I holding of the the VLs and are you stuck in a small depression with those 80% of your OOB that have tried to outflank me in that ungamey move of yours, but you'll have to come out of that **** hole of a place with your bunched troops up someday and ALL of my AFVs and troops are on hills overlooking that.

I owe you some apologies.

You DO have a flair for tactical situation.

And I'm nice to you because you're the Official Provider of my Squirette's sig.

biggrin.gif

------------------

Yes, I've seent those dreaded scout cars manning the hills...Run Away! Run Away! And while you have successfully dispatched 2 of my HTs (1 by scout car, 1 by the "Danger Close" Fire mission your FO called in. Jesus, PawBroon, he called that strike in on his own damned foxhole!) I have little doubt that the Stugs that I have will now run you off of the field. I have no conern for the VLs just yet. I will try to get your turn back to you tonight. Unfortunately, The Patriot hits video stores today, and I feel the need to see it once again...Colonel Tavington, the only man alive more evil than I...and Berli, of course.

------------------

"Nuts!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Geier:

First off, let just say that you are all a useless bunch of bastards and I really hate you.

{snip of various chin juices}

Hakko Ichiu: I like you. Make of that what you will.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, is that in a culinary way? Or has my bombardment begun on your position in a way that satisfies your masochistic bent?

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Croda:

Jesus, PawBroon, he called that strike in on his own damned foxhole!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, he was about to be overrun.

And you were so very much bunched up.

I mean, you still are since the beginning of our game...

biggrin.gif

So shelling his own overran position was both heroic and timely.

You could have been worst off with them HTs queeing up like with the popcorn stall.

We french may be dying but we are dying with style.

Bugger off now, Patriot lover...

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hakko Ichiu: I like you. Make of that what you will.

Hmm, is that in a culinary way? Or has my bombardment begun on your position in a way that satisfies your masochistic bent?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotcha.

Next!

------------------

Johan

"The succesful execution of a well devised plan often looks like luck to saps."

Dashiell Hammett

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PawBroon:

So I bow to your "Draw like" victory, Croda-ish gameyness notwithstanding...

biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Well now that I have dispatched him (notwithstanding his trademark froggisg sneer..they are SO practiced don'tcha know) it is the turn of the squire. Have at him Croda make me proud.

PeterPtuz One of the hallmarks of being a lawyer is to be able to stand in front of the judge and act like you know what you are talking about, even though you ain't got a clue....and I am very good at what I do....so as to my forces......well either they are or aren't. That is something only a sheepshagger as yourself must discover. Besides as the ONLY one here who was willing to be associated in some minor way publically, perhaps a little fealty should be shown.

------------------

Official 3000th poster to the original Peng thread and present at it's demise

Cruuuuud-da,

You failed to send me a turn last night? Why is that? Hmmmm....???

Send me that turn you girly boy! Your feeble attempts to avoid the unavoidable is only delaying the inevitable. Have I made myself clear?

Send me my turn or I swear I will cover you in honey and beat you with a wuffel bat!

And Seanachai... I understand your time is limited but I DON'T WANNA FREAKIN' DIE before I get your next turn so please be considerate and send that out right away. Thanks.

Jeff

Ya, I owe everybody turns (****, I sound like Lorak or mensch here). I will try valiantly to get them out very very soon (except for Elvis' turn. He is mauling me so badly that it hurts to think about. Stooopid unbalanced downloaded scenario). Actually I don't owe everyone, that freak of nature that likes to consider himself the mother of all Hamsters owes me a god-forsaken turn! But I owe everyone else. I think I owe turns to people I'm not even playing against. I got thrown out of whack playing paintball Sunday. As a side note: if anyone has not played paintball, I strongly recommend it, especially after playing CM. I have a feeling that if I told one more person to take the enemy's flank, I was going to succumb to friendly fire. It's an absolute blast! Right up there with shandorfffff driving 4 HTs through your expertly placed zook ambush.

------------------

"Nuts!"

Reports from the various fronts:

Geier: Battle has finally been joined. Soon I shall have Geier's vulture carcass well jointed and made into stock, but I'll save the head for my trophy wall. How many picoseconds of life do you reckon that tank has left?

jdmorse: In true lawyerly fashion, he has extended the duration of our engagement in order to maximize his fees, but now we have our day in court. Preliminary motions have been made. Now it is up to the jury to decide. Look for serious tort reform coming your way real soon now.

Jasmineboy: How dare you actually kill some of my men? Lucky for you that I am hampered, as is George W., by the inability to kill you more than once for your crimes.

The Aardvark Formerly Known as Joe Shaw is taking his sweet time. I suppose that's a privilege allowed to our seasoned citizens. After all, they are very busy trying to expropriate our income and assets.

MarkingtimebeIVhegetskilled is off hugging trees and communing with nature by putting lead slugs in living creatures. Beats getting his armor pasted all over the street.

Blowmouse, err, I'll get to you soon, real soon. I mean it, honest.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University