Open data, possibility to add new mods

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at this time, for I would like to get the full version asap.

But ultimately I would like to be able to design my own units. I see CM as a game and hence the main thing I want from it is not historical accuracy (which I admire where reasonable) but FUN. (Please feel free to flame me if you like wink.gif )

However, I recognize the cheating-problem. I would therfor suggest to include an option to let the player(s) select whether to allow modified units or only the original units supplied by BTS. These could be verified by a checksum.

This would certainly require to much coding to be included in the first version but I would like to see it in CM2.

Lutz

well I agree I want to fun in a game

but what has undermined fun in past wargames of the past is historical inaccuracies and the consequences of such on gmaeplay- nothing would steam me more than watching the ai do some completely bogus move that was historically impossible or improbable - but maybe you you are having fun when your Kingtiger is taken from play with a bazooka at 250 yds from the front :)

SS_PanzeerLeader... out

My maybe vote is still maybe. I don't know the trur ability of the scen editor. For small unit action that is correct historically, Infantry weapons, ammo suppy, radio contact, ect will influence the quality of my end product. My pure hope is that the scen editor will be helpful in dealing with that issue. RoF...Arm Thickness and the like will always be argued (and reargued) till the cows come home. That Good, clear numbers are applied (as they most certainly seem to be w/CM) Ild say leave them alone. Since the engine doesn't allow for that kind of change, there is no reason to hack at it. But to wish to provide specific weapons or lack of weapons to a unit, control the amount of ammo, ect is not an unreasonable thing. Again I have no idea what the editor can do. If there is no ability to affect these changes AND a simple Mobeditor can be made available that allows for the integerity of the game to remain undeminished. What would be the problem?

• 9 months later...

When ressurecting dead posts, one must make sure of three things:

1. Always make sure the issue is interesting and a tad controversial.

2. Make sure good posters are in it.

3a. Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

3b. Cheese.

------------------

teams will either be dead-eye dicks or cross-eyed mongoloids

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Potential Italian Player:

NO.

Tony.

Welcome Back Fionn. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm, P.I.P., check the dates.

I think you've been had by a hamster. biggrin.gif

------------------

Der ver zwei peanuts, valking down der Strasse, and von vas...assaulted! peanut. Ho-ho-ho-ho.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

No.

It's much more fun to bother BTS with posts asking for this or that vehicle to be added in the next version.

wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect!

No

"It's much more fun to bother BTS with posts asking for this or that vehicle to be added in the next version."

-tom w

No. I trust BTS sufficiently to leave it to them.

However, what about...(off-the-wall-idea alert!)...some kind of tool (SDK?) for making vehicles, units, ordnance, etc, that could then be submitted to BTS for inclusion in some future patch, once they've checked and approved it for accuracy.

I'm still more than happy with things as they are, though. The above just accurred to me while reading some of the 'yes' votes.