Thoughts on life(CM Talk)

Hi,

I just recentely got my copy of Combat Mission in the mail. I've been on this forum for a couple days now (since I placed the order) and have played the full version of the game many times. But not untill today could I really feel the joy of opening my mailbox, and seeing the large blue envelope underneath all of the other mail.

Forgive me if I sound like all the other raving lunitics when I say this, but when I got to play my own created senario, on my own created map, I got this warm feeling inside of me saying "DESTROY THE ENEMY!!!"

Thanks for listening to my random outburst of happiness.

Oh yeah....THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!

[This message has been edited by King Tiger22 (edited 08-24-2000).]

Welcome King Tiger 22

And Don't worry new member, the CM Borg will assimilate you soon :)

Its painless and afterwards you'll actually like it.

Now kiss the rest of your life as you know it good bye.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Remember that no dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

G. S. Patton

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome King Tiger.

If I can ask a favour, while obviously all of us know the horrors of Nazism and WW2 the forum usually does its best to keep the nationalism to a minimum. Particularly given there are many German Nationals who read and play the game none of whome (obviously) had anything to do with the Nazi party 1939-45.

Thanks for your consideration and WELCOME to the game! 8)

cheers,

_dumbo

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by King Tiger22:

Hi,

I just recentely got my copy of Combat Mission in the mail. I've been on this forum for a couple days now (since I placed the order) and have played the full version of the game many times. But not untill today could I really feel the joy of opening my mailbox, and seeing the large blue envelope underneath all of the other mail.

Forgive me if I sound like all the other raving lunitics when I say this, but when I got to play my own created senario, on my own created map, I got this warm feeling inside of me saying "DESTROY THAT GERMAN SCUM!!!"

Thanks for listening to my random outburst of happiness.

Oh yeah....THIS GAME ROCKS!!!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have assimilated you.

------------------

Resistance is Futile

Blue envelope?

CM must be a success as it seems BTS has recieved enough money to upgrade their envelopes from the brown to the blue varity.

Let's hope they have enough money to upgrade to the red variety for the release of CM2.

------------------

Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Guest *Captain Foobar*

CM Borg, you have me worried. Out of the 79 posts/assimilations you have made, this is the first time you have strayed from your trademark "You have been assimilated".... I almost fell out of my chair when I read "We have assimilated you"... Are all your circuits functioning optimally?

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

CM Borg, you have me worried. Out of the 79 posts/assimilations you have made, this is the first time you have strayed from your trademark "You have been assimilated".... I almost fell out of my chair when I read "We have assimilated you"... Are all your circuits functioning optimally?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think his logic circuits have been reset to warm and fuzzy. wink.gif

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

CM Borg, you have me worried. Out of the 79 posts/assimilations you have made, this is the first time you have strayed from your trademark "You have been assimilated".... I almost fell out of my chair when I read "We have assimilated you"... Are all your circuits functioning optimally?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably adopting a more caring, sharing approach to assimilation!