Well looks like there aint no Update! Whats This? ITS AN UPDATE! CMHQ Sunday Night!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Kelly' Heroes... A classic and now you can begin to change your Combat Mission game into it!!!

Tonight we have opened a new Kelly's Heroes Mod section complete with new graphics for Oddball, Kelly and Big Joe. These replace the standard unit Profile pictures in the info screens at the bottom.

For those fat piped enhanced we also have a complete CM Theme song replacement taken right out of the movie. No, Its NOT Burning Bridges but the cool Whistle Music from the Intermission.

We also have all new Terrain textures with great replacements for the water and ice as well as the Stone Brige and snowy wall.

For those of you with Mac's we have converted the first of the Grid Overlayed Terrain for you. We have the default Grass and default Snow textures with the grids now available.

Also up is a texture fix for the Allied Uniforms posted last night...

So there is a lot to go through...Have fun and be careful out there!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Hey Matt, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I downloaded the two grid patches for the Mac, installed 'em, and voila...nada. Nothing changed.

I'm running them at 600 x 800. Would that make a difference? If not, something's amiss.

I'd be interested to know if other Mac users can see the grids. They ain't showing up for me.

------------------

"Don't lie to me, Gustav! You're a stinkin' Mac user!"

Jonathan, you sent the wrong file!!! You got to watch my vaunted SS storm your hill, but I didn't!! You sent the previous file (i.e., the one I added my orders too before generating the movie). Please send the right one, so I can see my troops beat up on yours some more!

Didn't need the grid for this game, eh? wink.gif

------------------

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye:

Hey Matt, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I downloaded the two grid patches for the Mac, installed 'em, and voila...nada. Nothing changed.

I'm running them at 600 x 800. Would that make a difference? If not, something's amiss.

I'd be interested to know if other Mac users can see the grids. They ain't showing up for me.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, it sounds like you are running CM in software mode. The textures with the grid (at least on the PC side) only appear if you are getting some 3d acceleration from your video card.

We may be able to do up a software rendering version in the future.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

First of all I´d like to welcome myself to this messageboard!

Second, "Burning Bridges" is a motherbeautiful song that help getting me in the mood (in fact some of my best friends are bridges and only a handful of them is on fire, not to mention how few of them beeing transvestites).

Best Wishes

Capt Bugger Stein (Mrs)

(Sorry couldn´t resist this beeing my first post and all smile.gif )

Aside from "Burning Bridges" and the intermission theme, I'd think that the song being played while the 3 Shermans were shooting up a railroad depot in "Kelly's Heroes" would be perverse fun to listen to during a knock-down, drag-out CM firefight. biggrin.gif

How'd that song go?....something like "ALL THE WORLD NEEDS SUNSHINE....."

Madmatt,

hmm, that may be why I got a few emails regarding the grids - no hardware acceleration!

The grids work fine on my mac and on the tester I used to verify. Using a rage orion 3d card. I'll check what the other tester used, as well as those that are having problems. Didnt think that it could be related to the 3D card, but sounds like it is on the PC. Should be simple enough to test.

Thanks Madmatt.

other mac users: Please email me (or post here so the rest of the community can see) and let me know:

1. If the grids show up

2. What your configuration is (system software, 3d card, memory allocated, version of CM)

let's see if there's a pattern here.

thanks!

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once

I don't think it's simply the lack of a 3D card. I have an iMac DV SE with 192 megs of RAM, OS 9.0.4, and the standard 8 meg ATI 3D card. All the other 3D stuff works fine, and I doubt it's being run in software mode (although I'm not sure how to tell, to be honest). Could it be you need at least 16 megs in the 3D card?

------------------

Have any mac users besides myself able to get this patch to work? I verified it's the correct patch, and it works on my mac.

I even have photos to prove it! So I'm not hallucinating again, really! :)

seriously, can someone let me know if they got it to work? I'd like to rule out a problem with the patch.

It could be that 16M is required on the card...

thanks

dave

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntg84:

Is it me or does Donald Sutherland not look like the model 1940's tanker? And in M*A*S*H, he didn't look like the typical 1950's surgeon. Maybe its just me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, it's not you at all. It's Hollywood. wink.gif

Ok, I think I figured it out. and it isnt good for those of you with only 8 meg video ram. :-(

it appears that 16 megs are needed for the grids to appear. Turns out I have that on my 16 meg orion card.

Rats. Sorry bout that guys.

thanks for the info

dave

------------------