CPT Manieri!!!

Anyone wanna bet that the Captain will end up getting a leader in the game named for himself?

He's been behaving himself lately so lighten up. And I know that I never have to ask the impatient "WHEN'S THE GAME COMING OUT?" question, 'cause he'll do it for me (...and get creamed instead of me smile.gif )

p.

Guest Mikeman

I think Captain Manieri is great to have around since he's calmed down a little bit. He's just full of youthful exuberance. He will be winning at CM PBEM more than he loses after the game has been out a few months. Lookout grognards, Manieri learns fast (when he want to).

Look at all the entertainment he's brought us. He rarely posts a topic that doesn't get a huge number of replies. Manieri For CM Forum Mascot!! What does he get for that distinction?

Mikeman out.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hey Berlichtingen..I thought Peng and I were the class clowns...I'm really bummed if we're not...this is bringin me down man.

Elvis out<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To become a true classclown, you must poke fun at anything and anyone. You and Herr Peng tend to limit yourselves to each other and SS Panzerleader. I'm sure with pracice, you will achieve true clownship tongue.gif

I was the one who initially gave the smartass response to Manieri about the manual. That's the kind of person I am - a smartass. And since no one had replied yet, I decided to give a totally smartass reply. Perhaps if I had given a serious reply others would have as well.

It had nothing to do with Manieri. I was just being silly. And so were most of the other replies. The board has just gotten downright silly lately. If the initial post had been by almost anybody else I would have likely made the same reply.

The question was actually a pretty good question. There was a big thread started by Moon at the beginning of the year about manual ideas and then nothing about how that turned out.

Manierei claims he is a comedian. I had no doubt that he would figure out that my initial reply was a (lame) attempt at humor. None of us knew the answer to his question anyway, so we used humor to cover up our ignorance.

Jason

People are getting too wound up about this IMO..

Any baiting of Manieri has, by this time, become pretty friendly as his own attitude on the forum has mollified a little.

IMO he truly deserved everything he got when he first came on but now his acceptance is occuring since he's behaving himself a bit more...

As for the cool guy/sycophants thing.. Well I think that's a load of BS.

Firstly the "Cool Guy" was NEVER the same guy as the one who had all the answers in any high school equivalent I've ever known and secondly to intimate that "playground rules" apply to a host of 30 and 40 year olds in their social interactions in the manner that was intimated is just playing trolling for flames.

Now let's drop it and get onto something more interesting.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

• 6 months later...

My lawyers will have a field day with your blatently plageristic action, oh Panzerleader. This kind of thing can NOT BE TOLERATED!!!

(Sure I can't spell, I'm a damn group of hamsters with a collective brain the size of a walnut, ok)

------------------

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Sheesh, who dug this old chestnut out?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hamsters!

[This message has been edited by Hamsters (edited 08-28-2000).]

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Hehe. Just helping you, dear sir.

You were not doing your work efficiently so I jumped in! And I will shortly resume the bumping.

Now go fly away, butterfly.