Version 1.05 Update Available

Guest Big Time Software

Holy Combat Mission! I held off on starting some PBEM's to get the effect of v1.04... now that we just started and whammo...1.05. Thank you BTS!!

I picture them sitting there reading these going.."ahhh yessss my little minions...we have once again pleased the masses." Then they pat each other on the back and drink a beer or something. A well deserved pat and beer mind you.

Thanks again.

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible! I can't believe the level of effort you guys have put into customer support. You are always trying to improve the game!!!

THANKS biggrin.gif

I love the committment and quality from BTS but don't you think 1.04 and 1.05 could've have been planned better? I mean, I doubt if there were enough time to adequately test these two versions prior to release. It seems that alot of folks were happy about 1.03 and would not have minded if 1.04 were 6-8 weeks out. That way, it would take care what we see in 1.05 and will see in 1.06 and 1.07.

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Download the v1.05 Patch for Mac or Windows.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gee, That was fast! I just put 1.0.4 in the other day (I had an ongoing QB that I wanted to finish first).

Michael

Actually, to clarify, there is some stigma in the computer game industry to a multiple patched game. Now, we all know that these updates are NOT so much bug fixes, but continued enhancements and improvements (and great ones they are). But tell that to some on-line journalist who won't read the readme.txt file and makes a flippant comment that 1) the game was released too early, thus 5 patches in 2 months and 2) it must have some problems out of the box, thus all of these patches. We all know these are wrong but you can't stop misconceptions of the misinformed.

If some online game reviewers are too stupid to realize that these

updates are mainly user-requested new features/improvements to the game,

then no one should pay any attention to what they have to say, anyhow.

I like the fast-but-smaller updates; who wants to wait 2 months for the

tiger turret to be improved, other than allied tank crews? wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee:

If some online game reviewers are too stupid to realize that these

updates are mainly user-requested new features/improvements to the game,

then no one should pay any attention to what they have to say, anyhow.

I like the fast-but-smaller updates; who wants to wait 2 months for the

tiger turret to be improved, other than allied tank crews? wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you would if you were playing against that durned Tigey...lol

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve Clark:

Actually, to clarify, there is some stigma in the computer game industry to a multiple patched game. Now, we all know that these updates are NOT so much bug fixes, but continued enhancements and improvements (and great ones they are). But tell that to some on-line journalist who won't read the readme.txt file and makes a flippant comment that 1) the game was released too early, thus 5 patches in 2 months and 2) it must have some problems out of the box, thus all of these patches. We all know these are wrong but you can't stop misconceptions of the misinformed.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same thing. I can only think of one or two actual bugs that have been corrected, and these were quite minor. Everything else has been improvements -- in other words, gravy. Perhaps instead of "Patches" these new versions should be called "Free Enhanced Performance Upgrades?"

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

Steve Clark wrote:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>tell that to some on-line journalist who won't read the readme.txt file and makes a flippant comment that 1) the game was released too early, thus 5 patches in 2 months and 2) it must have some problems out of the box, thus all of these patches<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you see a review of this kind let us know about it and we would maul him biggrin.gif

------------------

Malmvig

Gotta toss my hat in on this one.

Way to go guys! I really appreciate the level of support you are showing your customers. And what goes around, comes around: when you release your next product, I for one am going to buy it straight-away. No questions asked. Heck, I'll reserve a copy now. It's been a long time since I've felt that comfortable with a software company.

Thanks again.

BTS or others,

Does the TAC AI now bail out of buildings when it sees that they are damaged or heavily damaged?

If not, does the enemy Strat AI plot moves to bail from buildings when it sees the same thing?

Thanks for the free enhancement and performance upgrade,

Bruce

Guest HENTZAU

Hey BTS,

Don't you guys ever sleep? I still wish you would buy the rights to Red Baron 3D, i'd love to see support like this. Combat Mission has introduced me to a new genre that I found too abstract before. I sit down to play and next thing I know its 3AM. Thanks for a terrific simulation!

Man I haven't had a chance to download 1.04 yet. I am trying to figure out one thing in 1.04. I've read some posting that tell you to add files indivually to files, yet the read me files says to just load it to your main file (I can remember exactly, been a really rough week)if you have version 1.02 and greater. Which instructions are right. Also do I need 1.03 before 1.04? Does this upgrade need the 1.04 patch?

Thanks for the help,

Eric

Villers update. Well done BTS. I had one of those breakthrough wargaming moments.

Its a moment like the first thrills of M1 Tank Platoon (on a 80826) or V for Victory Glod Juno Sword. Its when you feel like Butthead and proclaim "They finally got it right" (He was talking about boobs, heavy metal and maybe car crashes in a music video Though).

Cudos.

Lewis

PS Eastern Kampftaktic should hope for such a moment.

I saw a couple of posts stating that you need a complete re-install for 1.05. True? If so I'll wait as I have added all the mods and don't want to waste 1/2 an hour that would be better spent playing. smile.gif

Thanks

------------------

"If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities."- Voltaire

BTS

Not to sound ungrateful, but a little too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I've got 7 or 8 active PBEM opponents with various patch versions, and it's now getting difficult managing them all.

I don't see anything really major in this patch or the previous one. Perhaps it would simplify our lives if these minor patches were grouped together and released less frequently?

Unless, of course, TCP/IP is patched. You can do that one anytime wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guachi:

Lewis,

Are you okay? Did somebody hack into your account?

Jason<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Eat me gwappo

I appreciate excellence. I may be a dick about making points but after a long week of work its a change of pace to see things working out. I am also (now) appreciating my time collecting unemployment!!! Its a shame that the human nature makes the workplace an uphill grind.. managements dispicable and the bitch factor of the work force is just an infantile response to it. I hate to say this .. but.. maybe a wise dictator is the only hope for a successful human effort (I aint talking hitler you nazi types..).. or maybe a tight group of visionaries that job out functions and live and breath their work!!!!

Good work BTS.

Lewis

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hundminen:

BTS

Not to sound ungrateful, but a little too much of a good thing is a bad thing. I've got 7 or 8 active PBEM opponents with various patch versions, and it's now getting difficult managing them all.

I don't see anything really major in this patch or the previous one. Perhaps it would simplify our lives if these minor patches were grouped together and released less frequently?

Unless, of course, TCP/IP is patched. You can do that one anytime wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why don't ya do what I did. I made up a form for each PBEM that I'm currently in. It lists the person, handle, ICQ #, email address, *version*, ladder match?, and any other pertinent notes for that person. It's right next to my Jim Beam cup so it's very handy... smile.gif

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!