what have you done waiting for CM

I was just sitting here thinking about all the changes in my life since I started the wait for CM. Kind of throws a little perspective on things.

I've moved 3 times, almost got married, went into heavy depression over the breakup, I've completed my study of Japanese (at least my formal education of it) and moved on to computer studies, I've gotten interested in others games and completed many of them, I've been to Japan (again) and Thailand, changed jobs, changed schools, went from an avid mountain biker to a basketball player to a lazy-good-for-nothing gamer, had several new years parties, been introduced to la fin du monde, etc.

Imagine that, life continues even though CM hasn't arrived.

[This message has been edited by Darwin (edited 02-23-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Well, I'd sit around and slap my monkey if I could, while waiting for this game. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif But the ol' hands don't work like they used to after a spinal injury. mad.gifmad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>been introduced to la fin du monde<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean that barley wine from Quebec? Good stuff! I also like Maudite (pardon my French biggrin.gif ) from the same brewery. Them yankee Cajuns make some good beer. Just think, if you had gotten CM already, you might have gotten so welded to your computer desk that you'd never have sampled this excellent beer smile.gif

My own wait for CM is made much easier by being a volunteer fireman. I get to do live fire infantry/tank tactics quite frequently tongue.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

[This message has been edited by Bullethead (edited 02-23-2000).]

Let's see...while waiting for CM I have:

1) Played almost half of a Bombing the Reich grand campaign (turn 430).

2)Played a linked campaign in Westfront, Eastfront, and Rising Sun.

3) Started a new campaign CC4.

4) Finished a campaign in Mig Alley and European Air War.

5) Read the Forgotten Soldier, Soldat, Currahee, Seven roads to Hell and countless other books.

6) I can't remember anything else since I have grown old and senile.

Allan

Well, to respond based on what I thought you were looking for given the title of the thread.....

For awhile, I hammered away at the scenarios, getting a sense of scale and just trying to acquire a feel for the game. When that got old, I hammered away at my credit card, buying a few of the more highly recommended books. I'm focusing on those right now, trying to learn as much about tactics as I can.

Also, the wait had one benefit: I decided that I would focus on the DYO scenarios first, and save the others for when I'm feel like I'm ready.

Well I became an outpost.com gaming guru and have played two games for free! All I had to do was write a review about each of them! The best part was I got the position by doing a sample review for combat mission! Oh and I bought a house.

Well Ive been very excited due to my recent acceptance into Coastal Carolina University in Myrtle Beach where I got into the PGM program (Professional Golf Managment) I just hope that being down there wont screw up my gaming time with CM because Myrtle Beach has a lot to do, Ill be on the course almost all the time, and im gonna have to work as an intern somwhere, including all the studies that im gonna have to keep up with, but I'm sure i'll find the time, I hope. frown.gifsmile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I never heard of Quebecers being referred to as "yankee cajuns" before. I kind of like it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not surprising, seeing's how it's a Cajun expression smile.gif . Glad you like it because it's not a put-down. See, to a Cajun, everybody from north of about Interstate Highway 10 is a yankee, and "yankee" IS a put-down. But Cajuns are descendants of exiles from your part of the world ("Cajun" being a bastardization of "Acadian"), so we had to make a special term for our sundered kinfolks up there smile.gif So it's a mix of old homeland ties and attitudes picked up in new surroundings.

------------------

-Bullethead

jtweller@delphi.com

WW2 AFV Photos: people.delphi.com/jtweller/tanks/tanks.htm

I've been working too long, stressing too much, getting too little exercise, eating poorly, playing ZERO computer games, worrying about my finances, not having a girlfriend, and just generally not having as pleasant a recent past as I'd wanted.

Although I DID have my first bottle of Kwak beer. GREAT stuff. I just have to find a way to get it for myself.

DjB

What have I done?

1. Read too many books to count

2. Done a European Air War Campaign

3. Worked on my Hidden and Dangerous campaigns

4. Won the battles of Santa Cruz and Guadalcanal as Americans on "Fighting Flattops"

5. Done the Polish Drop Operation in CC2 for the 12th time and won as the Poles.

6. Played and beat Army Men

7. Played "Sid Meier's Gettysburg"

So many others! Release the game so I can beat Fionn!!! wink.gif

------------------

Sosabowski, 1st Pol. Abn.

Yes, I know my name is spelled wrong as a member!

[This message has been edited by Gen. Sosaboski (edited 02-25-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snark:

Geeeez !!!!

How long have you guys been waiting?

Thats a lot of stuff you all have done!

(Got my demo last month)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I pre-ordered CM on 6-17-99. What convinced me to order it that early was the unique design and scale of the game. Even back then the screenshots looked ok but it was the concept that really hooked me. I have been a fan of BTS and Charles' work since "Achtung Spitfire" and "Over the Reich". I guess I just like their attention to details and accuracy. If I had a question regarding on of the games, Charles would email me back with a response. No, I am not kissing up, but I do know what I like.

Allan